looking for a recipe suggestion! new flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
looking for new recipe suggestions. mainly ones using frosted donut (TFA) or vanilla bean ice cream (TFA) or Vanilla cupcake
here is my flavor list. i have my ADV's set already but looking for any recipe's any of you use using any of those flavors (yes im a TFA fan i buy most of these in 4oz or 16oz sizes)

lemme know what you all have!

Apple (Tart Green Apple) (TFA)
Apple (TFA)
Banana Cream (TFA)
Bavarian Cream (TFA)
Berry (Crunch) Cereal (TFA)
Blueberry Extra (TFA)
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA)
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TFA)
Cotton candy (TFA)
Dairy Milk (TFA)
Dulce de Leche (TFA)
DX Vanilla Cupcake (TPA)
frosted dounut (TFA)
Fruit Rings (FW)
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TFA)
Greek Yogurt (TFA)
Mango (TFA)
Marshmallow (TFA)
Milk Chocolate (TFA)
Peach (Juicy) (TFA)
Raspberry (TFA)
Strawberry (Ripe) (TFA)
Sweet Cream (TFA)
Sweet Strawberry (TFA)
Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TFA)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)
Vanilla Custard (TFA)
Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
Whipped Cream (TFA)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm mostly a TFA user, too. We have lots of the same flavorings. However, I'm not aware of TFA making a Sweet Strawberry. Capella does, but unless it's a brand new one from TFA.....?

Here's 1 easy peasy one I make that others on here have tried and liked. A neighbor regularly has me make it for him, too. I'll go through my recipe cards and post others you can make, too.

NannerBerry
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 9%
TFA Banana Cream - 6% (I personally use the DX version)
TFA Cotton Candy - 2%

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Strawberry Cream

CAP Sweet Strawberry - 5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 2%
TFA Vanilla Custard - 2.5%
TFA Bavarian Cream - 2.5% (I use the DX)
TFA Sweetener - 1.5%

This one below is a revised one from Bill's Magic Vapor. He's a believer in using high total flavoring %, and I made it at his recommended % when I first started DIY. But the last time I made it (about 2 years ago), I'd dropped it to the % shown below. Now I might make it at even lower ones.

Cream Fantastic (All are TFA)

Blueberry Extra - 3.5%
Strawberry Ripe - 3.5%
Whipped Cream - 2.5%
Vanilla Swirl - 2%
Bavarian Cream - 2% (I used DX)
Cotton Candy - 2%
Sweetener - 1%

This one is also based on Bill's original recipe. I've just cut the % down in it, too, for my own use.

Vanilla Milkshake Base (All TFA - just add a fruit or other primary flavoring of your choice, at between 3.5-5%)

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 5%
Marshmallow - 2.5% (I use DX)
French Vanilla Creme - 2% (a sub. might work OK)
Dulce de Leche - 1%
Sweetener - 1.5%

Several others I have that are also good, in my opinion and also others who've tried them...each take 1 or 2 other TFA flavorings that you don't have, ie. DX Brown Sugar, Pineapple, DX Coconut, DX Cinnamon Danish, or Lemon {the water soluable one}.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I've been enjoying Liquid Nicotine Wholesale branded flavors, they sell the major players also. Their brand with maybe a little cream or graham cracker added always makes a simple shake and vape. They are strong most will mix at 3-5% so they are a good value.

My favorites from LNW:
Cappuccino - a must try, I do steep this one
Key lime
Dynamite
Nectar from the Gods

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Yeah I use e liquid recipes that’s where I store my recipes, unfortunately nothing came up when I searched for frosted donut
Watch your search parameters; that particular flavor's most common entry is listed as:
Frosted Donut (TPA)
and has 697 public (viewable) recipes attached. That is the one you want to search for.:D

Other variations, are also listed, but will not have near the same frequency of use. A "best practice," is to use correct manufacturer spelling, without any mfg. designation/name/abreviation (to get the most possible "hits"). And then, sort (by clicking on the "Recipes" tab/title). This will bring the most common/popularly used names to the top. Then, you can choose the appropriate manufacturer, and in turn; find the greatest number of recipes.

There is nothing wrong with calling it "Frosted Donut (TFA)", instead of "Frosted Donut (TPA), but you will not get near the same number of potential recipes.;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Mikedin - I looked back in my file of Bill's Magic Vapor's recipes again, and found the following one for Frosted Donuts. I don't know how I missed finding it when I went through them before. Again, his total flavoring % is very high, so I'd recommend cutting each % in half. I've done that with others of his that I make, and they're still very good.

Frosted Donuts - All TFA

Frosted Donut - 18%
Sweet Cream - 5% (or the DX version)
Sweetener - 2%
Vanilla Swirl - 2%
Cotton Candy - 2%
Butter - 1%

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thank you both I’ll try again tonite, I tried frosted donut and frosted doughnut but both showed me no results, when I get the kiddos to bed I’ll give it another go
This is most likely because you have one of the less commonly used variations for Frosted Donut in your flavor stash (saved flavors). If you use the wrong (not the most popular) one, it will limit the recipes it looks at.

Make sure your stash is using: Frosted Donut (TPA)

and not:
Frosted Donut (TPA) OR (Cap)
STK0037 Frosted Donut (TPA)
The (TPA) frosted donut
frosted doughnut (TPA)
Donut (TPA)

Each one of these has three, or less, recipes attached to them.

The correct one will look like this in the flavor list:
upload_2018-8-17_12-15-28.png

When you click on Frosted Donut (TPA); you should see this result:
upload_2018-8-17_12-13-11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread