Status
Not open for further replies.

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
I'm getting ready to start DIY (it's really about time), and I'm not sure what sweetener to pick up. I don't want to use sucralose because of the research I've seen, and probably want to stay away from EM if possible. Right now I'm thinking stevia. What do you guys use/suggest? Do you use different sweeteners for different flavors(I understand that some don't need it)? I also had a question about food acid and how necessary/preferable it is and what you use for that.

Brokil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Anonymus
If you are looking for a sweetner, I personally use sucralose or EM. EM is basically cotton candy (to me anyway), but a good concentrated cotton candy flavor will do. Now you mentioned acid in your title. If you are looking for an acid, you are either trying to make things a little sour or make a flavor pop (depends on how much you add). A good acid for making flavors pop, especially fruity flavors, is Malic Acid. I tend to stay away from Citric Acid as much as possible just because of horrible experiences. Malic acid is usually enough.

I have had tried stevia, but it didn't work out too well for me. Best of luck!

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
I've been using Cotton candy as a sweetener, Order some of this yesterday. www.EZ-SWEETZSTORE.com Home Page

yeah, I was looking at the ez sweetener but it's suclarose. :/
If you are looking for a sweetner, I personally use sucralose or EM. EM is basically cotton candy (to me anyway), but a good concentrated cotton candy flavor will do. Now you mentioned acid in your title. If you are looking for an acid, you are either trying to make things a little sour or make a flavor pop (depends on how much you add). A good acid for making flavors pop, especially fruity flavors, is Malic Acid. I tend to stay away from Citric Acid as much as possible just because of horrible experiences. Malic acid is usually enough.

I have had tried stevia, but it didn't work out too well for me. Best of luck!

I was looking for an acid for sourness and such but mostly because I read that it improves shelf life. Thanks! I'll have to check out the malic acid and it looks like I'll end up using EM.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I understand that some people use lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for the acid.

Vinegar and lemon juice are usually used to make flavors pop and reduce flavor fade.

Vinegar is generally used in tobacco mixes.
Lemon juice is generally used in fruits and candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread