Looking for a tank with rebuildable or pre-built option

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my friend has enlisted me in helping him to put together a shopping list. He's trying to move away from cigarettes, and he's going to pay me a small fee to help put together a list of products to buy. One of the things he wants is a tank which has a rebuildable deck which slots in, the same way pre-built coils do. I know such tanks exist, as I've seen them online, but I've not had much luck using Google to find such tanks. So basically, a tank that is both rebuildable and can also accept pre-built coils... preferable one which offers pre-builts in the sub-ohm range, as well as the super-ohm range.

Full disclosure- I use a Kayfun v5 clone and I've been building my own coils for years. Long story short, I'm the type of person that finds something I like, and I stick with it. So, unfortunately, I'm not exactly up-to-speed on the best products out there, because I'm already quite satisfied with what I use for my own purposes.

Could anybody recommend any good tanks that have this feature? Thank you!

I appreciate the reply, but it might be better to find something with pre-built coils that can be ordered in the United States rather than from slowtech. For the tank itself, the slow shipping is acceptable, but the coils would be better if they could arrive quickly.

Are you aware of any US-based websites that sell the pre-built coils for this tank? Thanks

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2020
Germany
Since it's difficult to find atomizers that can do both MTL (higher Ohm) and DL (sub-ohm) as well, I would get two tanks.

For MTL, there is the Kizoku Limit RTA, which has an RTA deck as well as the option for pre-built Nautilus coils.

For DL one could choose the Hellvape 424, which fits SMOK or Hellvape Coils, and also comes with an RTA deck.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I appreciate the reply, but it might be better to find something with pre-built coils that can be ordered in the United States rather than from slowtech. For the tank itself, the slow shipping is acceptable, but the coils would be better if they could arrive quickly.

Are you aware of any US-based websites that sell the pre-built coils for this tank? Thanks
These are pretty common tanks, the tanks and coils should be pretty available at many online shops or vape shops near you.
Do a little Google searching and you should find them for sale.
The RBA head might be a little trickier to get, but maybe not.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just a suggestion about your approach. What you are looking for is a hybrid tank, one that takes both factory coils(aka atomizers) and an RBA section (RBA = rebuildable atomizer). But unfortunately these aren't as popular as they once were, and if you buy an older model hybrid tank it may not be easy to find the factory coils or the RBA.

I say take baby steps: buy a more modern tank that only takes factory coils for now and let him get off cigarettes and get used to vaping. Later on, if he thinks he wants to start rebuilding, then he can get an RTA (a rebuildable tank atomizer - like your KF5 or anything else).

For your factory coil tank, I would suggest that you buy one of the modern Innokin tanks that take the Z-coil (the z-coil comes in resistances in super- and sub-ohm). So the tanks you would look for are the Innokin Zlide, Zenith or Zenith II tanks. All those tanks and the coils can be found on USA sites.

It's almost impossible for a new vaper to find exactly what suits his needs right from the start. You have to start somewhere and he may have to end up buying a couple few tanks until he finds the one that suits him best. But the tanks above are a good start.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread