Looking for a well made KR808 battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob D.

Sep 26, 2010
So. Cal.
My local supplier's KR808 batteries aren't the best. Out of the 7 I've bought from him, 3 have failed after maybe 10-15 or so recharges. I've tried not to overfill, or overcharge them, but that can be tricky too. I prefer the manual's as opposed to the auto's. Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells a quality manually operated KR808 battery? It doesn't have to look exotic, just has to work well and have some durability. TY.

zedword

Mar 24, 2013
Kansas City
Been using my Bloogs for a couple of months now. They have a nice soft finish on them. Smokeless Image batts are well made and all their autos are sealed! You just missed great 4th of July sales. Go to their respective websites and sign up for their newsletters so you can grab some during the next round of sales.

Make sure you are cleaning the terminal end and threads regularly with a q-tip and toothpick. Never fill your carto or clearo when it is attached to your battery. Those tips alone will make your batteries last a lot longer.

Bob D.

Sep 26, 2010
So. Cal.
Been using my Bloogs for a couple of months now. They have a nice soft finish on them. Smokeless Image batts are well made and all their autos are sealed! You just missed great 4th of July sales. Go to their respective websites and sign up for their newsletters so you can grab some during the next round of sales.

Make sure you are cleaning the terminal end and threads regularly with a q-tip and toothpick. Never fill your carto or clearo when it is attached to your battery. Those tips alone will make your batteries last a lot longer.
Never fill the carto when attached to the battery? I've never heard of that before. Why not? Or using the toothpick- would that have be for the inside of the threads? The only rule of thumb I've been told is 20 drops max. when filling a new blank. (after that you're kinda on your own), and using a Qtip on the threads.
I did notice a residue/dirty film of some sort on the threads when I tried to revive the batteries that quit on me. Was that juice that escaped somehow? Also, what about the charger female threads? I would imagine those need periodic cleaning also. Especially after inserting a battery that had juice or residue. Just wipe it off, or? Also, what about that thin hollow pipe in the cart? If juice gets into that, does it go straight out the other end onto the battery? Is there a way to plug it before fill the cart? Do people ever do that?
Maybe there's a lot more to this than I knew about. Also, I checked out the X2 batts from Smokeless Image. They look kinda thick, oversized. I didn't see any "regulars", which are the types I prefer. Do they offer regulars? TY.

Last edited:

whodat1

Mar 21, 2011
Katy, TX
I've been using 808's for over 2 years now and have more than my share of battery problems. About three months ago I started using the V4L 'dial a volt' and this has been the best battery I've had by far. They're a bit pricey, but sometimes you can catch them on sale. I got mine for half price, so they were well worth it.

I have a total of 4, one of which is a 1300 mA hour which I use infrequently (mostly for times when I don't want to carry a spare with me), the other three have been recharged 50-100 times with no problems. Yeah, you do have to clean the threads on any battery. Just eyeball them every time you go to use it. If you see any darkness on the threads just hit them with a bit of alcohol. I use the little sealed packages of alcohol wipes for this.

The best thing about them is that you can dial in just the right amount of throat hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread