Looking for advice and/or opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Alright So i had my eGo-t for about 4 months now and I am starting to feel its not giving me enough strength or satisfaction so I am looking for something new. I been looking into mostly looking at the Boge Revolution V2 starter kit. Found one for $60 on my ecig supply. I plan on doing more research and also look into the lavatube too. Any other suggestions/advice?​

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
If you're interested in dual coil cartos the lavatube's probably not the best choice. I have a Boge Revolution V2. That's a very different device than the lavatube. However for a relatively low priced bottom feeder, you should probably look at the Vapage. Once the V2 battery is gone, the V2 is gone.

I have to ask though. You're looking at a VV device that has no feeding capability and a feeding device that has no VV capability. They aren't going to provide the same thing. From your description of what you want, I'm not sure why you are looking at the feeder at all.

If all you've used is the eGo-T, I suggest looking into cartos at different resistances. That's not the same as going VV but, it will provide you with some idea what VV can do. Maybe I'm missing something but, I'm not seeing anything in what you've said that tells me you want a feeder mod at all.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Alright, I am not to familiar with bottom feeder etc.. Just started 4 months ago and havent had much time researching a lot. I feel a higher voltage will help with the satisfaction and throat hit. I have an eGo-T but I am using the boge 2.0 LR, EMDC, smotech 1.7 LR and SR.

I understand. There's no shame in not knowing. That's sort of why I was suggesting exploring some other capabilities with the device you have. That ego will take anything with 510 threads. For instance, try dripping for a while. At least around the house. It takes some practice but, so does using a bottom feeder. However, if you do find you prefer the taste and feel of dripping but, want to do it with less hassle, a bottom feeder might be where you need to go. For most people cartos provide a more flavorful hit than the ego tanks do. Varying the resistance in what you put on there, will give you an idea what VV can do.

If you haven't done most of the above yet, I'm not sure you need to be going to mods just yet. First off, you might find you don't need a mod at all. Second, it's a shame when someone buys a VV device when they really want a feeder or vice versa.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    There are so many options. You may find that something as simple as just switching from an eGo 3.4v bat to a Kgo 3.7v bat satisfies your needs, or something as simple as a different resistance atty/carto does it. I found my personal sweet spot using a little $30 MadVapes VV box mod. Once I figured out how many watts that sweet spot was at, I found that I could duplicate that sweet spot on any device you want to name, and at any voltage. It's really easy to do once you figure out what it is that you want from your PV.
    If all you are looking for is a stronger hit, just changing the nicotine content can do that.

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Saint Louis
    Mickey mentioned that unless you're really looking to invest into a new device, (for personal preference), then that's one story.

However, if you're just looking to get a stronger hit, Mick mentioned using a lower and/or different resisted cartomizer, good advice. May I also suggest an eGo booster Artisan Vaping | Home of the Ego Booster

It'll allow a bit more range in your normal eGo battery, allowing you to 'ump' the power a bit. It might be just what you needed? But if not, personally, I would go with nearly anything VV.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    There are so many options. You may find that something as simple as just switching from an eGo 3.4v bat to a Kgo 3.7v bat satisfies your needs, or something as simple as a different resistance atty/carto does it. I found my personal sweet spot using a little $30 MadVapes VV box mod. Once I figured out how many watts that sweet spot was at, I found that I could duplicate that sweet spot on any device you want to name, and at any voltage. It's really easy to do once you figure out what it is that you want from your PV.
    If all you are looking for is a stronger hit, just changing the nicotine content can do that.

I'm curious, have you looked at the new smoketek VV box? It's a little more expensive than the madvapes one but, because it uses a swtching regulator, it should provide longer battery life.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE

Yeah, I am still in search of something different. Besides the cartos I am using such as boge 2.0 LR, EDMC, Dripping using a smotech 1.7 atty what would you suggest? I will take a look at the kgo battery. As for notice level I am already at 24mg. At first it was really satisfying until recently.

Mickey mentioned that unless you're really looking to invest into a new device, (for personal preference), then that's one story.

However, if you're just looking to get a stronger hit, Mick mentioned using a lower and/or different resisted cartomizer, good advice. May I also suggest an eGo booster Artisan Vaping | Home of the Ego Booster

It'll allow a bit more range in your normal eGo battery, allowing you to 'ump' the power a bit. It might be just what you needed? But if not, personally, I would go with nearly anything VV.

I will take a look at the eGO booster.

I understand. There's no shame in not knowing. That's sort of why I was suggesting exploring some other capabilities with the device you have. That ego will take anything with 510 threads. For instance, try dripping for a while. At least around the house. It takes some practice but, so does using a bottom feeder. However, if you do find you prefer the taste and feel of dripping but, want to do it with less hassle, a bottom feeder might be where you need to go. For most people cartos provide a more flavorful hit than the ego tanks do. Varying the resistance in what you put on there, will give you an idea what VV can do.

If you haven't done most of the above yet, I'm not sure you need to be going to mods just yet. First off, you might find you don't need a mod at all. Second, it's a shame when someone buys a VV device when they really want a feeder or vice versa.

I believe the way I am using my smotech 1.7 atty is the right way to drip. Forgot to mention that. I am using it to drip and from time to time it feels not so satisfying, throat hit etc.. I do prefer the cartos and dripping better then the eGo tanks. Any personal experience with cartos, dripping, attys you would recommend?

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm curious, have you looked at the new smoketek VV box? It's a little more expensive than the madvapes one but, because it uses a swtching regulator, it should provide longer battery life.

No I haven't, I know Smoktech is coming out with the VV Bolt, but I didn't know they were also going to make a box.
    I've made a couple of boxes using a Mamu's design that uses the OKR-T/6 regulator tho'. It was almost $50 in parts with all it's whistles & bells, so it would get awful pricey as a commercial product.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    I believe the way I am using my smotech 1.7 atty is the right way to drip. Forgot to mention that. I am using it to drip and from time to time it feels not so satisfying, throat hit etc.. I do prefer the cartos and dripping better then the eGo tanks. Any personal experience with cartos, dripping, attys you would recommend?

That's a little more information than you provided in your first post. That made it sound like you hadn't tried anything but, the tank. To go from that experience straight into mods would be a mistake.

As for my personal experience, I'm afraid we like different things. I prefer dripping but, I like a cooler vape. So, I use 901s. I'm in the minority on that one. You seem to be wanting more heat. What I will say is that the ones that really like heat seem to like the LR 306 atomizers for dripping.

The Kgo battery probably won't be much of a step up from the ego. Given that you actually have done a little more exploring than I thought, I'll revise what I said previously and advise a VV. While you like dripping, I don't see you saying that it's the answer for you. The feeder mods really are just a good way to drip more conveniently or if you use a carto on them, a convenient way to keep the carto wet. The lavatube has a nice price but, it's limited by it's current output. So, some dual coil cartomizers won't work on it.

The SmokTek Varicool wouldn't be a bad choice. I'm not sure how long the plastic case will hold up. Considering how clumsy I am, in my hands not long. :) It's more money but, I have a Buzz Pro. It will take a beating. I'd mention the Provari but, you're about to get 10 recommendations for it and it's a lot more money.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE
    That's a little more information than you provided in your first post. That made it sound like you hadn't tried anything but, the tank. To go from that experience straight into mods would be a mistake.

As for my personal experience, I'm afraid we like different things. I prefer dripping but, I like a cooler vape. So, I use 901s. I'm in the minority on that one. You seem to be wanting more heat. What I will say is that the ones that really like heat seem to like the LR 306 atomizers for dripping.

The Kgo battery probably won't be much of a step up from the ego. Given that you actually have done a little more exploring than I thought, I'll revise what I said previously and advise a VV. While you like dripping, I don't see you saying that it's the answer for you. The feeder mods really are just a good way to drip more conveniently or if you use a carto on them, a convenient way to keep the carto wet. The lavatube has a nice price but, it's limited by it's current output. So, some dual coil cartomizers won't work on it.

The SmokTek Varicool wouldn't be a bad choice. I'm not sure how long the plastic case will hold up. Considering how clumsy I am, in my hands not long. :) It's more money but, I have a Buzz Pro. It will take a beating. I'd mention the Provari but, you're about to get 10 recommendations for it and it's a lot more money.

Yeah, sorry about forgetting to mention I have tried dripping. It just some how didn't cross my mind at first. I haven't tried the lavatube but the only reason as to why I am considering the Revolution is because I have tried a few hits from a friend and it seem to have hit the spot for me because of the higher voltage I believe. I will look into the the custom box mod and buzz pro. I was considering the Provari but I feel its best if I explore more and become completely off analogys before I considering purchasing the Provari.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Yeah, sorry about forgetting to mention I have tried dripping. It just some how didn't cross my mind at first. I haven't tried the lavatube but the only reason as to why I am considering the Revolution is because I have tried a few hits from a friend and it seem to have hit the spot for me because of the higher voltage I believe. I will look into the the custom box mod and buzz pro. I was considering the Provari but I feel its best if I explore more and become completely off analogys before I considering purchasing the Provari.

Really, if you haven't tried them, I'd suggest that you give some dual coil cartomizers a shot.

As far as the Provari goes. It's pretty. It's well made. It'll take a beating. It has a lot of bells and whistles. However, you pay for all of that. On a mod like the Provari where you only have up/down buttons, the display is the only way to know where you are. On a mod that has a knob, the knob position serves that function. You know about where you want it and it's a little up or down from there while you're vaping. Personally, I don't think the bells and whistles are worth the money.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE
    Really, if you haven't tried them, I'd suggest that you give some dual coil cartomizers a shot.

As far as the Provari goes. It's pretty. It's well made. It'll take a beating. It has a lot of bells and whistles. However, you pay for all of that. On a mod like the Provari where you only have up/down buttons, the display is the only way to know where you are. On a mod that has a knob, the knob position serves that function. You know about where you want it and it's a little up or down from there while you're vaping. Personally, I don't think the bells and whistles are worth the money.

Will look more into the dual coil cartos. I have only tired a 1 and thats the eGo mega dual coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread