Status
Not open for further replies.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
Hello, world!

I've been out of the vaping habit for a while now (damn you tobacco!) but want to get back into the swing of things again. I had previously owned a Maxi RoughStack v2 and loved it's no-nonsense functionality and durability. I used bridgeless Cisco atty's and a SS drip tip from Super T. The entire setup was rugged, straight-forward, inexpensive, and the battery would last me all day.

I have been eyeballing the Maxi again, but now that I know how bothersome it can be to drip at certain times, I'm hoping to find a mod which can supply all-day juice in addition to the battery life. I still have my 18650 batteries and charger so I figured it would be easiest for me to stick with those batteries. My main question - are there any 18650 based setups which can provide close to dripping performance and flavor without having to top off during the day? Just as with the Maxi RS, I would prefer something well made and durable.

Thanks!

- Woody

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
There are some Grands for sale now.
The REO Grands have never really impressed me. I'm sure they're quality, but I'm not a big fan of them.

2 of my mods use the 18650's. The Provari and VMod XL. Both are outstanding.
I've been interested in the Provari, but for what I'm looking to get at this time I wouldn't pay that much for something without a reservoir. On the other hand, that VMod XL is much more along the lines of what I'm after. 9ml and an 18650 should last plenty long ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For a year I've been saying that I wanted a Provari and wouldn't pay the money to buy one. Recently, I began to notice that my eGo 1000mah batts weren't lasting as long between charges and I was going to need to replace them soon. Almost $50 for a pair led me to thinking maybe I should get some of the variable eGo batts. Then, I realized that idea was a weak tradeoff to buying the Provari, so I bit the bullet and ordered one.

My Provari came in yesterday. A 3 ohm Boge Carto at 4.2v was incredible and I haven't touched a cigarette in almost 24 hours. I haven't wanted one and don't plan to ever smoke another one. I'm getting taste that I only ever came close to even with dripping on a LR Cisco and vapor clouds that are huge.

It's heavy at about 9 ounces, but it's built like a tank. The entire Provari is machined from stainless steel (thus the weight). The threads are precision and workmanship is impeccable. The menu system took me about 5 minutes to memorize and become used to. I don't regret that purchase at all. I had pondered buying a Lavatube but the aluminum tube turned me off. I'm sure the Lavatube is a good unit, but at $99, I could see having to replace it much sooner than the stainless steel Provari. I bought the second year warranty at $25 after considering that it was only $2 a month over a 2 year period.

AW 18650 IMR Batteries are half the price of eGo/Joytech and take about 4 hours to charge, less if you charge them early. I vaped like a smokestack from 3pm yesterday until this morning on the maintenance charge (about 40%) that comes from the factory and only swapped after fully charging the other one. I'm sure I can go all day on a charge with these 2000mah 18650 batts.

Last edited:

<---cop

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2011
Australia
Maybe a Sweetvapes Grip? Available in bottom feeder or for normal dripping or variable voltage or mini size etc etc

100_1100.jpg

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
2nd on the silver bullet, though I use a Phiniac tank with a 2 ohm Boge. The whole thing is built like a brick outdoor bathroom facility, I've dropped the glass tank onto the concrete foundry floor where I work several times and it always remains unscathed. Not a good of taste as dripping/bottom feeding though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DavidTop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
New York City
How a bout the VmodXL from vapure.com. Its an 18650 bottomfeeder with an 8ml capacity. I have one and really like the design but am waiting till I get a kick before trying it again. I found that a 3.7 vape doesn't do it for me and don't want to get involved with different batteries. I really love my Lavatube, does really well with tanks but today's tanks max out at 5ml. If that's enough for a day then I would give ita serious look. You can find kits for $60-$70. Even if it only lasts a year you can get a new tube for less than $50.00.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Try this if the Provari is a bit to much cash. (ENS also makes the j-tanks)
    CHROME ALL METAL CYLON VV MOD
    The silver bullet with a j-tank is also a great device if you think you will be satisfied with 3.7v. You can always get a kick to put in the SB later on to upgrade it to a VW device.

Dragonbone, did you paint your nails to match your VMod, or did you get a VMod to match your nails:p

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dragonbone, did you paint your nails to match your VMod, or did you get a VMod to match your nails:p
    Neither, it was a stroke of luck :D. I did my nails for my nail art forum about a week before I got my new sleeve for my XL. It was a free sample/prototype that Vapage so kindly sent me, and I rushed to snap that pic as the match was so amazing.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    VmodXL sounds like just the thing for you. You can still use your favorite atties, too. My VmodXL is equipped with a Kick, because I like a little warmer vape, so I have to downsize batteries to 18500 in order to accomodate the drop-in. The 18650 worked for me until it falls to 3.7v, then it was time to swap. If you're not opposed to the variance of the falling voltage of the single battery, the VmodXL is top-notch, all-day vaping!

swoody

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2011
    Chicago, USA
    VmodXL sounds like just the thing for you.

I concur. Which is why I just bought one :vapor: Although it's really such a shame they didn't have that pink one on their site...

See?... this is why I love these forums... I can post up a new thread and in such a short time span get a ton of information and find a great device which fits the bill perfectly, within my price range, and with lots of friendly folks! :toast:

I really do appreciate all the input and suggestions! I'll be sure to post up with some initial thoughts once it gets here.

- Woody

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Really if you like the roughstack, go ahead and bet a maxi V2. Then get a short 510 extension and a carto tank. You need the short (maybe 1/4 in.) extension so you still have room to get to the switch with the tank. That's what I got for my wife and she loves it. I've also been eying a Bolt with a battery extension. That'll take an 18350 and the switch is on the side.

swoody

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2011
    Chicago, USA
    Got my Vmod XL in the mail the other day, and have been vaping the whole time! :vapor:

I tossed a freshly charged 18650 in it, filled the canister with some ~9 month old Malty Toffee from BWB and went to town. The taste is just as amazing as I remember it, but the amount of vapor produced... oh wow! On one of my first tokes I took a really nice, long hit and felt my lungs expand like I haven't ever gotten from cigarettes. I blew out a massive vapor cloud which hung in my living room for quite some time. The flavor is right on par compared to when I was dripping on 1.8 Cisco atties, and this is with the stock 2.2 ohm Vapage silos. I'm going to have to try out their 1.8 version :p

The best part is, with the design of the tip and the atty I can still drip with the XL just like any other direct drip setup. However, I still have 9ml of my go-to juice in reserve if I don't feel like dragging a bunch of bottles around with me. I've got a half pack of cigarettes left, but am going to try vaping exclusively the next few days to see how the mod performs as far as battery life and the reservoir capacity.

Thanks again for the recommendations for this mod, it seems to be a great piece!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread