Looking for another top air flow sub ohm tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I am looking for another go to sub ohm tank since the Vapeston Maganus Cloud Blaster has been discontinued and coils for it are nowhere to be found.

I really want another top air flow tank since it proved truly leak proof over the last year.

I recently tested the SMOK TFV8 X-Baby tank but for some reason my e-juice tastes very different and I just can’t get to liking it.

If you know of any, please provide any suggestions for another top air flow drop in coil sub ohm tank.

Thanks in advance.

ETA-
I vape the Cloud Blaster at 60 watts and DTL.

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Have you considered an RTA? Chellie provided a link for the Griffin. They also make the Zeus and the Zeus Dual. There is also the OBS Engine II and if you can find them, the OBS Engine Nano.
Also, have you tried the RBA for the TFV8-X Baby? My wife uses the manufacturer coils, while I use the RBA in my 3 units.
Unlike Myk, I didn't consider getting rid of my Subtanks.. I tossed them (into the OMG Vapocalypse box ;) ). Same with my ELLO's amd MELO's.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Have you considered an RTA? Chellie provided a link for the Griffin. They also make the Zeus and the Zeus Dual. There is also the OBS Engine II and if you can find them, the OBS Engine Nano.
Also, have you tried the RBA for the TFV8-X Baby? My wife uses the manufacturer coils, while I use the RBA in my 3 units.
Unlike Myk, I didn't consider getting rid of my Subtanks.. I tossed them (into the OMG Vapocalypse box ;) ). Same with my ELLO's amd MELO's.

Everything goes into the Vapocolypse box.

I guess I was thinking RTA. I'm not used to things not having both drop in and RBA options.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have the Zeus RTA, the original single coil unit. I liked it so much I bought a second one. If the OP wants to get into building coils the Zeus is the way to go.
I've been debating on getting either the single or dual. A little cheaper for the single and I only plan on single coils.
Any opinion?

Reactions: Susaz

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've been debating on getting either the single or dual. A little cheaper for the single and I only plan on single coils.
Any opinion?
I'm not a cloud chaser. But I like the Engine Nano because it's easier to build. Has two very basic posts, if you want bigger (or claptons) get the Zeus.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am looking for another go to sub ohm tank since the Vapeston Maganus Cloud Blaster has been discontinued and coils for it are nowhere to be found.

I really want another top air flow tank since it proved truly leak proof over the last year.

I recently tested the SMOK TFV8 X-Baby tank but for some reason my e-juice tastes very different and I just can’t get to liking it.

If you know of any, please provide any suggestions for another top air flow drop in coil sub ohm tank.

Thanks in advance.

ETA-
I vape the Cloud Blaster at 60 watts and DTL.

The Smok Brit Mini is a so so tank. Maybe it'll be more of your liking. There aren't many unless you want a Joyetech Cubis.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Careful, the wicking is terrible. If you're going mesh, go for the Vandy Vape mesh 24.

I'm having no problem with the Themis. Put a lot of wick in the mesh, about half as much in the holes.

Tips I've heard about the Vandy to angle the mesh in at the top and what I've learned from the Themis tell me the Themis is the better design. Angling the mesh causes one side to get hotter than the other.
Plus the Themis mesh deck can do coils or mesh.
I was going to get both but decided against the Vandy. I might get the Vandy BFRDA with the clamp deck.

But I like the Engine Nano because it's easier to build.

Those posts would give me flashbacks to old RDAs.
I don't think I'd have problems with the Zeus, just wondered if either was better since I could do singles on either.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I'm having no problem with the Themis. Put a lot of wick in the mesh, about half as much in the holes.

Tips I've heard about the Vandy to angle the mesh in at the top and what I've learned from the Themis tell me the Themis is the better design. Angling the mesh causes one side to get hotter than the other.
I was going to get both but decided against the Vandy. I might get the Vandy BFRDA with the clamp deck.

I don't think I'd have problems with the Zeus, just wondered if either was better since I could do singles on either.
I have both. The Zeus has better flavor imo.

Reactions: Myk

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I have both the Themis mesh and the Vandy Vape. I like the Vandy Vape better as well as the Cthulhu Ceto RDA. Taste for everyone!!!

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have both the Themis mesh and the Vandy Vape. I like the Vandy Vape better as well as the Cthulhu Ceto RDA. Taste for everyone!!!

Does the Vandy mesh RTA only feed from the bottom? If it has other feed routes I might still consider it.

I only recommend the Themis (and got it first for myself) because of the ability to use coils in a clamp deck if mesh didn't work (in TC for me, but it does so I haven't tried a coil build yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread