Looking for answers, can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last thread died, I was typing too much and I bet people didn't want to read all that, so I'll just say what I need to say here so its easier for you to help.

Heres what I'm working with: Zmax with 2000 mah battery, this custom made tank: Stainless Steel Quartz Glass Tank and currently, a "DCT" carto from "Smokeless Smoking" in Bloomington MN. Its 2.5 ohms. I remember him telling me the actual brand name of the cartos, but I'll find out later to edit in. Also a generic plastic tip.

So here I am, vaping a mango flavor and its working quite well at 5.5 volts. I was using smoktech cartos, and nothing but crap from most of them out of 15. So this carto is good, but I have yet to see how long it'll last or perform after lots of vaping.

So I'll tell you this, when I'm not working I vape pretty heavily most of the time, but not constantly.

Yesterday I ordered a 5 pack of 510 Boge XL LR single hole prepunched cartos from litecigusa.net. I believe these will be single coil. I also ordered 50 ml, 6mg/ml, 80%pg/20%vg and 2 extra flavor shots of pineapple from mtbakervapor.com.

So this is what I'm working with. Since this tank I have is custom, I could not find any answer to if these Boges will even fit/work with this tank. If you read that link for the tank it says it works with all 45mm cartos. But read this the description here: BOGE 510 XL LR PrePunched Cartomizers Its like they contradict each other that the products are compatible.

Optimistically, I think it will work. Now if it does fit, vaping that specific pineapple juice with these specific boges I ordered, what can I expect? Also what voltage range is best for this set up?

I'll have to wait and see until at least saturday to find out about these question if no one knows.

Other then that, I'm totally open to any suggestions about my set-up and how I can get the best vape from what products!

Thanks reader

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Optimistically, I think it will work. Now if it does fit, vaping that specific pineapple juice with these specific boges I ordered, what can I expect? Also what voltage range is best for this set up?
2.0Ω Boge carto... so somewhere around 3.2-4.0V you should find your sweet spot. Boge LRs are 2.0Ω+/- and SRs are 3.0Ω+/-.

I was typing too much and I bet people didn't want to read all that, so I'll just say what I need to say here so its easier for you to help.
Yeah... better to get to the point and keep all your facts in one paragraph instead of scattering them all over the post. ;-)

Last edited:

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I was using smoktech cartos, and nothing but crap from most of them out of 15.

XL Boge cartos are exactly the same length as a Smoktech Dual Coil cartos. It will fit in your tank. XL cartos and Dual coil cartos from any company should be the same size. The same goes for standard length cartos. All Standard length cartos should be the same size no matter the company.

Yesterday I ordered a 5 pack of 510 Boge XL LR single hole prepunched cartos from litecigusa.net. I believe these will be single coil. I also ordered 50 ml, 6mg/ml, 80%pg/20%vg and 2 extra flavor shots of pineapple from mtbakervapor.com.

I'm pretty sure that juice carto combo will work, but if I were you I would get cartos with two holes. Boge cartos have a lot of filler material that is very dence. It is harder to keep the inside of the carto saturated. The more holes in the carto the more juice that will feed from your tank into the filler material inside the carto.

If you're going to get into carto tanks make sure you get a tank tool if you don't have one already.

This one doubles as a drip tip and is super cheap. Sure vapes has free shipping. It will work, but from my experience when you try to make something dual purpose it doesn't do either particularly well. This is no exception.
Smok DCT Refilling Drip Tip - Chrome

This one will cost a little more because you have to play for shipping and does not work as a drip tip, but it works better as a tank took.
Triple V Tank Tool

Here's how to use it.

Well my pineapple came in today. Yesterday I got some cartos for the time being at my local store, and they did not fit, it was too tight. I hope I can fit the boges. I picked up an iClear 16 head and also a kanger pro tank from there as well. I got the iclear because it was what they used for their flavor testers, but for some unknown reason, mine does not taste the same. Maybe thats because of the battery. I should have tested that out at the store.

MY ZMAX also glitched last night. It was set at like 4.3 volts, but I took a hit and it was at 6.0. No idea why, but its been glitching in other, unproblamatic ways, but I hope that doesn't happen again. Most of the time its solid, but I was told the pulse modulation is not so perfect like say the pro vari, but since I got it now its what I'll be using unless I sell it for a better one.

So I'm actually pretty happy with the pro tank, but I'm hoping that the boges will be even better. Next time I get juice I want to try 50/50 mix with maybe 1.2% nic vs .6%. I like how you can't taste the nic with this and the flavor is great, but I'm finding its a bit too low for me. Well I think its good I have a couple good options for which heads to use if the boges work. That way I can switch em up often so I don't over use either.

I just think that would be some bs if cartos suddenly won't fit into this tank. That's what it was designed for. So really, it depends on what happens with the boges in what I do next. I'll update with results.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
That's really odd. It says it's designed to work with all cartomizers. Maybe contact him.

If it's super tight, I rub a bit of e-liquid on the carto so it slides in more easily.

Edit: Are you punching the cartos yourself? That can distort them somewhat. If not, they should all fit.

Last edited:
You have a good point there, but I like to at least update where I'm at and simply what I'm using. Other then that, I try to stay on topic and answer any questions back with what I know and also for more question asking. I journaled a ton about e-cigs, many pages hand written. I probably won't have any responses without the reader actually reading through everything if I were to transcribe. At any rate, you may be able to tell I'm getting a bit serious with this e-cig stuff.

K so I bet your gonna be like what the hell, too much. Well, I was bored and decided to post exactly what I hand wrote in a journal, just to share it with someone out there who's got the time to read for a while here. Obviously I'm doing the exact opposite as what would be easy to throw advice at. This time I'm gonna get way more detailed and descriptive, because I'd really like to simply figure out how to get the performance I desire, and have experienced so I know that its possible. So this will be long, I'm going to post at the end how long it took me to write it excluding this intro, if you feel like you got a bit of time to read something, feel free to time yourself, I dunno I think its fun if your not busy.

Ok here we begin its 2:43pm exactly. So I'll begin now as my journal starts exactly:

I'd like to do some writing about my e-cig situation. So here we go now reader, its about 4.5 pages hand written on standard size pages so in reality, its not that much really. I hope to have an experienced vape enthusiast read it, more opinions the better!

If you do read on I want to achieve something like near perfect quality vape always thats never harsh in any way, the replaceable unit itself last with quality performance for days, creating a reasonable daily cost to own/use. So not harsh on the throat, lungs or even mouth. I want it to be very comfortable feeling to have touching the inside of my mouth and otherwise, to know with nearly every pull I can trust it will be impressive and enjoyable more often then not, and ideally always, right up until it needs replacement. Never a burning taste, always set with right volts and ohms combo that creates the best conditions for the device to operate correctly. I'm liking a lower nicotine level, that is working out for me. I just have experienced the higher level the nicotine, the more apt the feeling of the vapor is uncomfortable or undesirable, especially soon after replacing the unit's carto or coil (that is all I've really tried thus far by the way) and I usually don't vape the higher level stuff I got kinda a long time ago now at 18mg/ml. I used to like that level, but now I really dislike it like that. So from now on I'm looking to try out whatever is the best next choice to go with whatever set up from mtbaker.com again most likely. So far my favorite flavors since starting to vape are Mango, Peach and this Pineapple that just came in yesterday. Next, I'll think about it but I'll probably try the banana flavor.

I, for right now am trying to find what works best together as a single, reliable and awesome device. Eventually I may want to switch batteries, but in an attempt to create the perfect vape like I began with describing using the parts I already have. A ZMAX Smok brand battery. I've heard these have possibly inferior pulse width modulation action. I know that its at least far inferior compared to the Pro Vari. I also have my first e-cig battery the ego-t, seems to be a knock of of some kind as well. With these 2 choices I have some choices to use. Started with the Kangar EVOD, now a Pro tank as well (this has been my primary head after recent purchase), an iclear 16 vw/vv, I got that one because it was what they were using for the flavor testers and using their flavor tester of mango for example I got the best hit, so I figured if I got the exact same thing I would get great hits, even though it was cheap, also originally switched from coils to cartos with a glass "Quartz" tank. Now that thing recently for some reason won't fit a carto I've been able to try with it. Sometimes they have slipped on easy, most of the time its been a bit of an issue. I don't have it running but I wish I did, I can't fit the cartos they sell at the local place. I was told that the boges that are actually probably waiting for me when I go back home from the library to try out, will fit almost for sure, or should fit. I was told confidently that for some reason the way they made it, it is a very accurate size needed for the right fit apparently. edit: I now am using the boges that arrived today and they are working pretty good to start! Nothing actually has worked that well for me really. Its actually been somewhat of a disappointment considering all I've spent and what I got for a vape right now. My main problem is with going through the disposable carto or coil way too quickly and it also loses its good quality flavor quickly or never starts as good quality. Everything I've been told about how long it should last, never ever has gotten even close to that long. Like even 10 % of the way. For example, I went through a very little amount when my first new coil of the new 5 coils went bad. Not to mention I accidentally blew out a full tanks worth of fluid and other times lost some as well. I was told a coil can handle 30ml of fluid until it goes bad. Not in my experience. I felt that cartos had the potential and still possibly do with the right kind I definitely believe. This pro tank is getting me by and its alright, but usually not all that enjoyable. These coils never last a full 24 hours for me, hours, not days. As far as using the iclear vw/vv, however its working right now is definitely not right or good in any way. Very plastic taste in my opinion, it seems to suppress the flavor even. No idea why this is happening, but I don't use it at all after trying it. Another issue is that my ZMAX glitches pretty regularly, going right to the change voltage to higher setting screen with one click, supposed to take 3. I sometimes don't notice it happening and I slowly increase the voltage. One time is was 4.3 volts set at, and for no reason the next hit after the 4.3 was 6.0 volts. So I do own the ZMAX, but I'm currious to know what is better then the ZMAX yet cheaper then the pro vari? Also, with this certain battery that performs better in some actual way then the ZMAX to work with a specific juice delivery system designed to work the best as possible in however many ways possible there is to have the most near perfect vape. So also involved in getting the best vape is of course related to the liquid itself. I would love to know what exactly pg%/vg% affect with the vape with different ratios and also if the flavor itself has some effect on what the quality of vape will actually be, not just the nic level and pg/vg. I would guess it would. I think I mostly like lighter, fruity flavors, that are also very noticeable with how it tastes. Well I'll be seeing about how much liquid it truely does end up taking to go through until 5 coils are gone, also how many actual hours it took to happen. What would be great is a detailed list of the top set up listed by price at the highest going down so I could find what I want to try in my budget. Like if a website had a selection of complete sets ups ranked according to how they test out with factors such as daily cost, performance, etc. I like taking large hits of low nic levels and keep taking big hits, but sometimes, I really don't smoke much at all. It really varys dramatically usually.

So yup, trusty reader, I definitely am still on the hunt for something entirely different then what I've got to make my vape impress me like some times vape hits do. I just want that more close to constantly until a change is needed. I would for sure be willing to try to sell everything I've got related to e-cigs and maybe some other stuff I can sell also to go twords something that you may have in mind in reading all these words coming from my thoughts into words (also has to fit a budget). I am thinking that if a set up is high enough quality overall, it would meet any criteria I would have set as standards for what value I consider it to have based on several factors, and willingness to spend actual price for it. What would be great is if someone could tell me their advice in my situation on what route to go for what I'm looking for. I also want to trouble shoot about my issues with actual performance lasting and staying normal tasting for long periods. I feel like sometimes I vape too often like sucking on it with relatively short breaks measured in seconds until I go for another drag for like 5-even 30 mins. I also don't vape much at all, especially at work, no vaping at all. I think I possibly could be running into issues because I the thing heating up so much with that constant use so frequently at times. But even with seldom use with fresh coils, its like I'm running into taste issues quickly at times. Feels like a huge waste of money. No one likes to get ripped off. You know, I would be perfectly happy if I could more simply then researching some kind of different device, just figure out how to get coils or cartos with the zmax using the glass tank or pro tank working the way they keep getting facts like they last up to 10 days or something, when its nothing like that. If I had that problem fixed the longevity and flavor/quality etc issues, I wouldn't have the need to upgrade and that would make me more happy then dealing with going about more research/waiting to get the answers. edit: so far so good for the boges I'm just now trying out.

By the way, if you really read everything before this, thanks for even having any interest in replying to such a wall of text properly. Your my hero because I most likely wouldn't read someone elses specific issues in so much detail like this. So thanks again.

To end, I figure if I were to change anything about what I'm using right now, actually testing out the products themselves is really the only way to know for sure that something is good or not what I'm looking for. I think that maybe online vendors however may be the best way to go if a product is reviewed as amazing from most people, and also read any bad ones to find out any risks or flaws with the product. Also online orders are always cheaper in the end. I plan on using that to save money, I can wait for whatever it is on its way eventually. Ok so thats about it, I'm off to get home, try these boges out and try em out.

Lots of text, just felt good to get it out there if anyone wants to read it before it goes quickly down from the top of the list here. Bam I'm done! :D

edit: finished at 3:51pm, thats 68 mins, with plenty of breaks, just re reading my handwritten version and slightly changing the wordage.

edit: fixed up spelling and such

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Fo' Shizzle...

200x200px-ZC-05328e96_animated_snoop_dogg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.