Can't find one that I feel comfortable trying it. Getting confused

I have TFA Cinnamon Redhots
Liquid Menthol
TFA Koolada

Pre Mixed 60/40 PG/VG with 6mg kid

Can someone help me with ratios ?

I have also read a few recipes with sweetner and/or Spearmint

Oh and looking for a good Redhots Recipe

Thanks everyone for the Help. This site and everyone on it are awesome !

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
One redhots recipie i always liked was 9 parts redhot, one part cotton candy, though the latter is mostly there as a sweetener. Redhot flavors benefit immensely from steeping. The longer the better. I had some 3 month old reshot juice once and it was amazing! It gets more cinemony the longer you leave it.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@december120964 - Maybe this will be of help to you.

Bill's Magic Vapor has a recipe for Fire and Ice that is below. His recipes are high total flavor % ones, because 1) they were made back when older gear was in use, 2) many people were just getting off the smokes and needed higher % of flavorings to taste them, since their taste buds were not healed yet.

When I make his recipes now, because I haven't smoked for 4 years...I always cut each % in half, and make my eliquids. They're still very flavorful, to me, at the lower %. However, if you haven't quit smoking until recently, you may want to use his % as written.

Fire & Ice - (by Bill's Magic Vapor) All flavorings are TFA.

Cinnamon - 7%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Cotton Candy - 4%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Koolada - 2%
Menthol - 2%

Last edited:

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
@december120964 - Maybe this will be of help to you.

Bill's Magic Vapor has a recipe for Fire and Ice that is below. His recipes are high total flavor % ones, because 1) they were made back when older gear was in use, 2) many people were just getting off the smokes and needed higher % of flavorings to taste them, since their taste buds were not healed yet.

When I make his recipes now, because I haven't smoked for 4 years...I always cut each % in half, and make my eliquids. They're still very flavorful, to me, at the lower %. However, if you haven't quit smoking until recently, you may want to use his % as written.

Fire & Ice - (by Bill's Magic Vapor) All flavorings are TFA.

Cinnamon - 7%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Cotton Candy - 4%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Koolada - 2%
Menthol - 2%

Thank you so much I am having trouble tasting. Cinnamon and menthol flavors is all I am able to really taste right now

Ty again :)

Reactions: JCinFLA

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
Let that cinnamon steep for a month or to and you’ll taste it alright :p

Ty. Right now I am vaping almost exclusively Midas Cinnamon Candy
and menthol (separately). I can't taste anything else. I have wasted so much money on juice I can't taste:(

It just rocks!. But it's a little expensive for an ADV I thought surely I can make some it's a simple flavor :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
and menthol (separately). I can't taste anything else. I have wasted so much money on juice I can't taste:(

It just rocks!. But it's a little expensive for an ADV I thought surely I can make some it's a simple flavor :)
Hold on to those flavors you can't taste right now. You may be able to in the near future. You never know.

I want to throw out a suggestion but it may or may not apply to you. I have found that if you vape really high menthol and or cinn type flavors that it is those flavors keeping you from tasting anything. They themselves dull your taste buds. If you start mixing your own, then you can start to lower the % you use a little at a time to see if my suggestion is helpful.

Good luck and let us know.

:)

• Agree
Reactions: b.m.

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hold on to those flavors you can't taste right now. You may be able to in the near future. You never know.

I want to throw out a suggestion but it may or may not apply to you. I have found that if you vape really high menthol and or cinn type flavors that it is those flavors keeping you from tasting anything. They themselves dull your taste buds. If you start mixing your own, then you can start to lower the % you use a little at a time to see if my suggestion is helpful.

Good luck and let us know.

:)

Thank you I was thinking the same thing. It’s s frustrating

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

:offtopic: My friend hasn’t been able to taste anything for months and she asked me to make some real strong menthol ejuice. We had to make it extra strong, anyway she finally went to the dr. and come to find out, she had a serious sinus infection. She was so confused because she had no symptoms except for not being able to taste anything.

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
:offtopic: My friend hasn’t been able to taste anything for months and she asked me to make some real strong menthol ejuice. We had to make it extra strong, anyway she finally went to the dr. and come to find out, she had a serious sinus infection. She was so confused because she had no symptoms except for not being able to taste anything.

Was gonna say I do have sinus issues. Have for years so I know that affects my taste :(

I also suffer from headaches also. Sometimes sinus and sometimes migraine. It sucks. I read reviews on an ejuice all rave reviews I get it and taste. NOTHING. I have given up buying anything else tired of wasting money

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Was gonna say I do have sinus issues. Have for years so I know that affects my taste :(

I also suffer from headaches also. Sometimes sinus and sometimes migraine. It sucks. I read reviews on an ejuice all rave reviews I get it and taste. NOTHING. I have given up buying anything else tired of wasting money
Have you asked your DR. about it? You never know. They put her on a really strong antibiotic and slowly her taste buds came back. Also too a lot of people including myself taste things differently than other. I hope you find a juice that’s tasty to you!:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

When you say you get it and taste--are you just tasting it with like a drop on your finger or are you vaping it?

:)eta
Also did you know that you can vape unflavored? Mostly the only thing anyone taste is a little sweetness if you are using vg but it may give your taste buds time to settle down without giving up vaping. Just mix the base which is nic, pg/vg how ever you normally would except add no flavor/menthol. This is very inexpensive and gives anyone who uses it a rest from flavorings.

That way you get your nic and not spend so much on commercial ejuice of too high of menthol. LOL

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
When you say you get it and taste--are you just tasting it with like a drop on your finger or are you vaping it?

:)eta
Also did you know that you can vape unflavored? Mostly the only thing anyone taste is a little sweetness if you are using vg but it may give your taste buds time to settle down without giving up vaping. Just mix the base which is nic, pg/vg how ever you normally would except add no flavor/menthol. This is very inexpensive and gives anyone who uses it a rest from flavorings.

That way you get your nic and not spend so much on commercial ejuice of too high of menthol. LOL

No I'm vaping a tad in a tank i.e. Nautilus Mini I have heard of vaping plain. I tried and find myself getting bored lol

I know I am difficult hubby tells me everyday

Thanks everyone for so much help. I have found this site so helpful. And I feel I can ask any question no matter how stupid hehe

A person doesn't learn much without asking questions and I am trying and I REALLY need to quit and stay quit from analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread