looking for good cig a like options. Started with blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

Oct 10, 2013
NJ
So, I've been posting for a week now after starting with Blu standard starter kit. What I've come to learn is that their batteries are not as good as many of the alternatives. I've grown a little frustrated with that. Also, I've seen that many other cig a likes are capable of giving better vapor than the blus.

So, as I continue my journey in the ecig world, I'm looking for a good cig a like option for when I'm out in public and want to vap on something that is very close to an analog as far as look. I'm also researching larger setups for home and private use (which I'll post about later once I've gotten the cig a like thing straightened out), but I don't think I want to be in public with some of those huge setups that I've seen.

I've looked at the Volt Pro and they seem to get very good reviews. I'm all about better battery life and good vapor. Also, are Volts only available on the internet or will I find them locally? Thanks.

I would be happy with something that I can also refill as I think that is a good economical route.

Thanks for your suggestions

Roveer

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I used cigalikes in 2009. Most recently, I tried NJoy and found them wonderful. They don't last very long, though, and are quite expensive, so their free offer to try them got me a couple of kits and I was pretty impressed. Can't say I can afford to vape that way though. There are many vapers who use and love cigalikes that can fill you in a many good alternatives that will match your specs in your OP. They'll be along shortly. Good luck, happy hunting, power up and Vape On!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The Volt gets good reviews as does the Joyetech eRoll (a.k.a. Ovale mini), but a con for both of them is the threading. Volt has 808 threading and the eRoll uses a specific type of atomizer, so you are limited in what devices you can use on them and what vendors carry stock; however, that may not bother you if it's not going to be your main set-up.

While it hasn't had very much marketing in the US and, as a result, is on the pricy side is the TCab. It's cigarette-sized, but has the benefit of having 510 threading, which is the most common and gives you a broader choice of things to put on it - which would also fit on a larger battery when you upgrade. Another benefit is it has replaceable batteries. It takes a 10440 battery, which lasts about as long as the non-replaceable cig-a-like batteries, but they are the size of a AAA, so not a hassle to have a couple of extras with you. You can carry them in your pocket, but they must be inside of a small case, film canister or even a little zip-lock baggie to keep them from coming in contact with coins or keys. As your vaping journey continues, you will soon find yourself in possession of tons of these little bags, since vendors send almost everything in them.

It comes with 2 clearos, but a Nano would be nice to use. It's a small bottom-coil clearo of the same diameter.

TeCab E Cigarette Starter Kit in Black

New! VISION Nano Clearomizer : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Todd, a very well respected reviewer, gave it good marks. This is a long review: Anyvape Tecab from Alba Vapours - YouTube

This is his shorted follow-up:

This is just my suggestion, to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm sure others will chime in with what they like.

Strongbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Corona, California, United States

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
Check out the G6 line by Halo eCigs. E-Cigarette Starter Kit G6 | Halo Cigs Got a kit for my wife recently and these are the nicest cig-a-likes in terms of build and performance I've seen so far. They also sell a mini clearomizer that fits the 808 threading so you can have the option of using something a bit more advanced while still keeping that discreet look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread