Looking for help, I don't enjoy any vape at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosscornwall

Apr 25, 2019
Hi guys, ok so I don't smoke much and try to vape as much as possible instead of smoking. I have a cool fore IV with aspire tank 1.8 coil and I also brought a 88vape pen and I have tried just about every flavour possible and different nicotine levels. They always smell nice but when I vape I just think yuck or not very nice. The only juice I can use is menthol chill a cheap one for £1 but even that doesn't taste brilliant. It's driving me crazy because everyone I know really enjoys there juices and I try and it's terrible. Can anyone please help or give me some advice and what I could be doing wrong I'm currently on 50/50 pg/VG but I have tried higher and lower pg too.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi guys, ok so I don't smoke much and try to vape as much as possible instead of smoking. I have a cool fore IV with aspire tank 1.8 coil and I also brought a 88vape pen and I have tried just about every flavour possible and different nicotine levels. They always smell nice but when I vape I just think yuck or not very nice. The only juice I can use is menthol chill a cheap one for £1 but even that doesn't taste brilliant. It's driving me crazy because everyone I know really enjoys there juices and I try and it's terrible. Can anyone please help or give me some advice and what I could be doing wrong I'm currently on 50/50 pg/VG but I have tried higher and lower pg too.

Which aspire tank? Is it the Nautilus 2 or the Mini?

There are a couple things you can try. FIRST, try some good ejuice.

Try Heathers Heavenly Vapes ... my current favorite is the Crackberry which is a blackberry jam which is to die for.. this flavor will come through beautifully on that coil your using..

You can also try Halo Eliquids my husbands current favorite is the Menthol Ice which also works very well at low wattage, but the Tribeca is the most popular by Halo I believe..

Stash ELiquids is another popular company and you may like to try a flavor or two from there..

Also, consider another topper, Aspire makes a new atomizer called Tigon, which has a wide variety of airflow options, or there is the Zenith which has some mesh coils that people are talking about the flavor.

Tobacco in vape form will never taste right, because the burning aspect of tobacco simply can't be replicated...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi it's the Nautilus 2 I will have a look at those sites but I have tried loads of more expensive and more well known brands but they taste worse then the cheap ones

Your buying premium brands from vape shops right?

These places I gave you pretty much ONLY make eliquid.. try a couple..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You might be experiencing what we call Vapor's Tongue. It's usually a temporary condition, but there are some individuals who never get their vape taste back.

I used to work in a vape shop, and there was one elderly gentleman who had smoked most of his life, but was able to quit after he began to vape. The only flavor that he could taste was cinnamon, probably the strongest flavor available to vapers. He usually showed up once a month to sample new flavors at our sample bar, but never found anything better than his cinnamon.

Do you blow some of your vape out of your nose? Our sense of smell assists our sense of taste. Do you have sinus trouble or allergies?

Just how much of what we taste derives from the sense of smell?

How much of flavor is smell?
A nose that's in less than tip-top condition can affect taste buds too. Researchers say 80 percent of the flavors we taste come from what we smell, which is why foods become relatively flavorless when we're plugged up.
How We Smell Things: A Guide to the Human Nose - Live Science

Last edited:

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Hi it's the Nautilus 2 I will have a look at those sites but I have tried loads of more expensive and more well known brands but they taste worse then the cheap ones

Is it possible that you are quickly burning the cotton in your coils? If so, everything is going to taste like crud.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, a friend was in a same situation, he got a pen 22 to start with, then no flavor, even on premium or expensive juices, then he moved on to a smok pen v9 max, flavor was constant for 2 months, then he asked for help, i did borrowed my aegis legend + paraoh mini, using the same liquids he already had, flavor was intense, he decided to get a similar setup, used asmodus reborn and a new zeus dual, i did built it for him, that was 4 months ago, still rocking on that zeus, sometimes you just need a boost on vaping experience, maybe your device and premade coils just got to their flavor and satisfaction limit,

another thing you could start implementing is vaping with your preferred activities or regular ones, for example, i do love motogp races, so i enjoy'em twice or mor with my pod and vape fully charged and ready for war! interesting way to get a bit more used to and include it on your life,

another thing to consider, flush your throat with water, you will need to since your are cleaning or leaving smoke, vapor is better, flavorful, so take a time, get your senses sharpen during the process, is amazing how smoking reduce that sense of flavors and so,

Regards,

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    Personally as a MTL vaper flavors only taste good to me at a wattage which is 95% to 80% of the nominal resistance of the coil. So for example a 4.7ohm coil at 4.5 watts or a 9.9ohm coil at 8 watts. I would want to run a 1.8ohm coil at no higher than 1.5 watts, but your mod can go no lower than 6 watts.

However I have no experience of sub-ohm capable equipment.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    The only juice I can use is menthol chill a cheap one for £1 but even that doesn't taste brilliant.

When I was smoking...I gave NO consideration to the taste/flavor...(only choices were Tobacco or Menthol)…

And...after vaping numerous ejuice brands/flavors...I have never ordered the same flavor twice...

But...during my 50+ of smoking...I really enjoyed inhaling some smoke, exhaling some smoke and getting a hit of nicotine...

And...during my subsequent 5+ years of vaping...I've really enjoyed inhaling some smoke, exhaling some smoke and getting a hit of nicotine...

Thus...I guess...for me..."brilliant" flavor...Who Cares???

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    As you might expect here's Auld Gerry out of Left Field once again ... you know, to my mind, any decision to stop smoking, start vaping or whatever in life starts in the head and the heart.

If it's not the right time for the person it just doesn't work.

That old cheapo 88 Vape Menthol is actually an all right juice so long as you get it at top strength imho - actually now when I fancy menthol instead of my home brew unflavoured I don't bother making it any more, I just go down to B&M's and buy 10 bottles of it at 95 pence a shot.

Doubters can get the firm's Data Sheet online and it's not full of crushed snails, toad effluent or whatever.

If you want to vape, again imho, so long as the kit works (sorta) and your mind is set you'll do it - this Old Smokin' Man did it on a thing with wicks and a draw so tight he almost needed a poultice on the back of his neck to allieviate the effects of it!!!

There's no moral highground, holier than you rubbish in what I've written - some day if and when YOU really want to stop smoking you Will do it.

Maybe the time's just not now for you ... but again that's no big deal so long as you are happy.

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Well this is all very helpful to me : )
    OP, I am new and my plan is buy only 30ml bottles and get different ones each time along with my fav so far. I see an RDA build coming soon so I can try samples in the local vape shop, more efficient for initial experience gathering. Yesterday, I picked up my fav so far, a cowboy whiskey, and 3 new ones I haven't tried, rum, vanilla tobacco, and a caramel tobacco.

I used to ask my kids, "what's you're favorite food"? They'd give some answer and I'd reply, " how do you know, you might not have tried your fav yet ; )
    Best to all : )

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Personally as a MTL vaper flavors only taste good to me at a wattage which is 95% to 80% of the nominal resistance of the coil. So for example a 4.7ohm coil at 4.5 watts or a 9.9ohm coil at 8 watts. I would want to run a 1.8ohm coil at no higher than 1.5 watts, but your mod can go no lower than 6 watts.

What?
    4.7Ω coil?
    9.9Ω coil?
    I've never heard of anyone using resistances that high vaping anything, there are no replaceable coil heads offered in those resistances from any manufacturer.
    Most Mtl delivery device replaceable atomizer heads run from .7Ω to around 2.2Ω.

4.7Ω / 4.59v = 4.5w
    9.9Ω / 8.89v = 8w

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario

I had to reread this 3 times and it still doesn't make sense to me. I understand the words but the logic behind the wattage being tied to resistance makes no sense to me.

I tried typing out a metaphor and even the metaphors don't make sense.

Edit: Wait I think I thought of one. It's like you're saying the slower the speed limit the faster you drive. I.e. 50 in a 70, 60 in a 55, and 70 in a 30.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Vape juice tastes quite bad to some people.
    A couple of people I know really dislike flavours and if they hadnt found unflavoured probably would have given up with vaping and maybe would still be smoking.
    I started with flavours then had to abandon them for a while because of issues with PG. When I started trying flavours again I found I was pretty much over them and preferred unflavoured.
    I never thought the flavours were all that great when I used them regularly, all kind of samey and a bit yuck but I just accepted that thats how they were and I was going to quit smoking regardless.
    Discovering unflavoured was an absolute god send for me but for some its like sucking dishwater through a tea towel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread