Looking for Lazy DIY - where can I get choices of PG/VG ratio flavorless w/ 12-ish mg nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I mainly want to just experiment with flavoring in an easy way by using or mixing flavorings and maybe some sweetener into a flavorless PG/VG blend (somewhere around 70pg/30vg) that already has my concentration of nicotine. I know a number of vendors sell flavorless PG or PG/VG eliquid w/ normal vaping amounts of nicotine (like 12mg, 18mg etc) but whose would you recommend (i.e. good quality and good price)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thanks and I understand that, but I am planning to cut my nicotine level anyway because I have started vaping more, and I am not going to vape the juice I made all of the time. So I don't really care if it comes out as 9 or 10mg instead of 12mg. In fact I could start with 16-18mg flavorless and flavor it to get something between that and 12. (I am currently vaping 16-18and heading to 12) I also don't care if the PG/VG comes out as a different ratio.

I have concentrated nicotine I bought in case ecigs get banned or something. But I don't want to buy all of the other stuff right now (separate bottles of PG and VG and beakers and pipettes and all that stuff). I just want to play with some flavorings in a safe easy way. I have some graduated syringes. I have bottles, I have flavorings.

Last edited:

trailblazer6

A.K.A. Igor the Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Lakewood , NJ
www.bikerornot.com
I have to agree with Lisa B on this one dormouse. If your going to DIY. Do it right. With flavors, your going to find some require more. Like tobaccos as an example except for Tobacco Absolute. And others will require less. Mints come to mind here. But taste is subjective so there is no lazy way other then preblended flavoring. Just start with small batches. You don't even need to use your nic Juice as detecting an alteration in the flavor is just not there at less then 24 Ml strength e-juice. IMO

Last edited:

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Hi Dormouse, check out Vapor-Renu. They can custom blend (if they need to) for you and it's inexpensive. For your flavorings, I suggest Capella's Flavor Drops. If you want to buy small sample-type flavorings (before you buy the lg size), Pure Vapes has them. Nikhil might even have some bottles, not sure. Liberty-Flights has the 6ml bottles I buy and also the larger FlavourArt flavorings.

Here's the way I do it. I mix up my blends to where I want them (I do full DIY). After that, I store it in several 30ml bottles. When I want to make up 4 or 5 small bottles, I syringe 6ml into 6ml bottles (from Liberty-Flights), then I just simply add the Capella's flavoring to my taste. With the Capella's, you don't have to mix several flavoring for many of them. It's already done for you. Examples are: Chocolate Coconut Almond (Almond Joy bar); Double Chocolate Mint (Jr. Mints); Apple Pie (yummm); Orange Creamsicle (hugely addicting); Peaches & Cream; Strawberries % Cream; and the list goes on.

Take care and have fun,
Seabrook

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I actually have a 30ml bottle of 16 or 18mg "Tasteless" from VaporRenu - was just a bit wary about it because the flavored juices I got from them were very flowery (still need to try steeping those but the the current flavor is the worst flowery baby powder taste I ever got - one drove me to wash out my cart and I had only tried a couple of drops of it).

I'll try the Tasteless by itself and see how that is. Maybe it's OK. Makes me fell better to know someone has tried it.

BTW - I didn't see Capella's at Pure Vapes - just Flavourart

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The flavorless I got was either 70pg/30vg or 80pg/20vg with no vitamin additives and normal TH but I haven't tried it yet. The tobacco flavors I got were Chocolate Tobacco and 555, both in 80/20 with no additives except the aggressive TH and double flavor (because a couple of people recommended double flavor for all fo their juices and aggressive TH for tobaccos. I also got Swedish Fish in 70/30 double flavor w/ normal TH. The 555 was the most flowery.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Hi Dormouse,
I am also interested in simple DIY. Curious what options on the "tasteless" did you use and what flavors were you experiencing the flowery taste? Maybe I can learn something here :)

I don't mean to be rude and answer for Dormouse, but Vapor Renu uses Flavor West flavorings, a diacetyl-free flavoring company. VR does have a few flavors that are China-made. The nic juice they use is Chinese -- at least it was last time I talked to Jason about it. They may have changed, not sure. I use only extremevaping.com's nic juice, as it is the best-tasting and purest I have found. Also an ECF chemist did test Levy's juices and found a high quality juice, FWIW.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Dormouse, the most popular straight tobacco taste is Perfumer Apprentice's (PA) Tobacco Absolute (TA). You can buy a bottle, and it will last a verrrry long time, because all you need is a half drop. Othere DIYers have suggested sticking a tootpick into the bottle of TA and then down into the nice juice to flavor it just right. Then you can add Toasted Almond and Caramel to it to jazz it up a bit.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Many ppl, including myself, believe steeping to be a cover-up for unstable flavoring molecules, but each to his own. I personally would positively never ever buy anything that needs steeping. Just my opinion, doesn't mean it's right, but I just wouldn't. Jason uses Chinese nic juice, so I wouldn't think you need to be overly cautious about it. I would add flavoring to it and vape it if it is currenly unflavored.

I actually have a 30ml bottle of 16 or 18mg "Tasteless" from VaporRenu - was just a bit wary about it because the flavored juices I got from them were very flowery (still need to try steeping those but the the current flavor is the worst flowery baby powder taste I ever got - one drove me to wash out my cart and I had only tried a couple of drops of it).

I'll try the Tasteless by itself and see how that is. Maybe it's OK. Makes me fell better to know someone has tried it.

BTW - I didn't see Capella's at Pure Vapes - just Flavourart

eeMGee

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
DIY isn't that difficult.. especially if you only want to make small amounts of stuff to try. However, with small amounts you have more error in the measurements - If all it takes is one drop of flavor it might not come out the same the next time. You also want to keep a record of what you make and how.. so if you like it you can make it again!

The VG / PG you can get quite a lot for not much $$$, but the problem with experimenting is you need all the flavors.. you can only play with cherry so much.

I would highly recommend the Pay-it-forward form, there is one especially for DIY, but even the regular thread you can trade small samples of flavors with people.. the easiest DIY is letting someone else do it for you :)

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
The flavorless I got was either 70pg/30vg or 80pg/20vg with no vitamin additives and normal TH but I haven't tried it yet. The tobacco flavors I got were Chocolate Tobacco and 555, both in 80/20 with no additives except the aggressive TH and double flavor (because a couple of people recommended double flavor for all fo their juices and aggressive TH for tobaccos. I also got Swedish Fish in 70/30 double flavor w/ normal TH. The 555 was the most flowery.

Heya Dormouse,

Everyone's taste is subjective, so don't take this as doubt but just a suggestion. :)

Is this the first time you've tried Vapor Renu? I have tried the 555 and the Swedish fish, the 555 had a kinda sour flavor ( why a peanuty tobacco should taste sour I don't know ) and I would imagine double the flavor would be even worse, Swedish fish is a citrusy berry flavor so double would be kinda flowery. That being said, I would definitely try vaping the flavorless to see if it taste off to you. Ecigexpress has several different makers flavors of concentrate so you can get many diff flavors in one place. I really like the 1 dram bottles of Lorran's flavors, of course there are many that say they don't like Lorran's. You'll also find that a flavor from one brand taste complete diff in another brand. I do exactly what your asking about, I am super sensative to concentrated nic so I get the custom blend from VR and just experiment with DIY flavorings.

Good Luck

ps. I get all my pre-mixed juice from VR now and the only one that ever didn't taste like I expected was the 555.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thanks all!

Seabrook - My VaporRenu flavors may need to be aired or something. I got a similar flowery taste in some Madvapes juices but it diminished over time. And the Madvapes flavors also had vanilla or cream in them so maybe they use a similar vanilla flavoring that just doesn't agree with my tastebuds. As I said I have not tried the VaporRenu Tasteless (what they call it) but I will - sounds like it will be great for trying flavorings.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
If your flavors need to be aired, I wonder if it's alcohol (PGA) you're tasting in them that some vendors add for throat hit. If that's the case, and you aren't too particular about TH, you might order low TH from VR in the future. A flowery, perfumey taste may come from gin.

I went to a local vape meet in San Diego last month and took some of my DIY juices with me. I passed them around and the few who tried them liked them pretty well. But one guest said he liked everything except the alcohol in it. I had added only 5% PGA which is not even noticable to me, but this dude picked it up right away. The funny thing is, we were all drinking cocktails, so this dude had very sensitive and accurate taste buds. Still can't figure that one out, LOL.

Try leaving the lid off overnight. If there's gin in it (I'm guessing), it should evaporate down for you.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Thanks! I'll try that.

But now you've really got me interested in this, so if it's not asking too much, can you give feedback after you've tried a few thing? I've heard a lot of discussion on this over at vapers-online.com, and leaving the stopper and lid off is what seems to be their answer. Please and thank you.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I don't mean to be rude and answer for Dormouse, but Vapor Renu uses Flavor West flavorings, a diacetyl-free flavoring company. VR does have a few flavors that are China-made. The nic juice they use is Chinese -- at least it was last time I talked to Jason about it. They may have changed, not sure. I use only extremevaping.com's nic juice, as it is the best-tasting and purest I have found. Also an ECF chemist did test Levy's juices and found a high quality juice, FWIW.

Thanks Seabrook. I did not know VR nic came from China. I know I asked him if his juice was diacytl free and he said yes.
I was under the assumption on his homepage that he sourced everything from the US? I am going to e-mail him about the nicotine. This is good to know. I do like his juice but I don't want to be mislead.(Jason's statement on his "about us" page).

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Well, sdh, Vapor Renu has really grown to be quite popular, so he may have changed if ppl have tried to get him to use the USA nic liquids. It would be in his best interests. Yes, let us know what you find out from him. Please and thank you.

I just e-mailed him. I hope he responds to my inquiry. You know it could be a misleading statement on his website. I should have thought about this sooner. This thread really did wake me up on VR. I was going to place an order tonight but will await his reply. I will post my finding as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread