Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Just looking for blunt tips that are longer than the standard 1.5" that is offered everywhere, and preferably 14ga. I was fortunate enough to get some 4" tips with some syringes I bought from Amazon, but they are only 18ga. They are great for getting PG/VG/etc. out of a bottle all the way down to the last drop, but it takes forever to suck it up, and my hands are cramping up while holding the plunger up and as the juice moves. I have looked high and low online, but can't seem to find anything. Perhaps one of you good folks could help me source some 3"+ 14ga tips. Thanks.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

Valanda

Nov 14, 2013
Champaign, IL, USA
I have actually been using 4" filter straws instead of needles for the past week or so for some of my transfers. Especially when I am getting the last out of a bottle. They do have a filter in one end (the end closest to the syringe attachment). I just shove a large sewing needle or a nail in there and rip the filter to bits, then rinse them with out water, and they are good to go.

These do work for VG. Sorry I can't figure out how to make pretty links.

Amazon.com: B Braun Filter Straw Medication Transfer Needle 4 Inch: Health & Personal Care

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I have actually been using 4" filter straws instead of needles for the past week or so for some of my transfers. Especially when I am getting the last out of a bottle. They do have a filter in one end (the end closest to the syringe attachment). I just shove a large sewing needle or a nail in there and rip the filter to bits, then rinse them with out water, and they are good to go.

These do work for VG. Sorry I can't figure out how to make pretty links.

Amazon.com: B Braun Filter Straw Medication Transfer Needle 4 Inch: Health & Personal Care

Do these fit on Luer lock and slip syringes?

Also, there is a blue plastic adapter that would allow it to attach to a larger catheter tip syringe, but I cannot find that tip by itself. Only in this kit. But, if you interested in that, the syringe isn't bad. The marks are molded in the plastic, so they never wear off.

Bard - Piston Enteral Irrigation Syringe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread