Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well in the space of two days both my Squonkers crapped out on me.

My Ijoy Capo began to fire uncontrollably and the only way to stop it was to pull the battery. Can't figure out what I did.

I dropped my eleaf Squeeze 2 out of my vest front pocket and the little magnet that holds the bottom piece door came loose. This one is probably fixable with a dab of Glue.

So I'm bored and looking for two new single battery squonkers. BTW must accept the 21700 batteries.

I'm thinking about the Dovpo Topside it has good reviews. Might rebuy the Eleaf Squeeze 2. but am wondering are there any single battery regulated squonkers that I should be looking at?

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
Well in the space of two days both my Squonkers crapped out on me.

My Ijoy Capo began to fire uncontrollably and the only way to stop it was to pull the battery. Can't figure out what I did.

I dropped my Eleaf Squeeze 2 out of my vest front pocket and the little magnet that holds the bottom piece door came loose. This one is probably fixable with a dab of Glue.

So I'm bored and looking for two new single battery squonkers. BTW must accept the 21700 Batteries.

I'm thinking about the Dovpo Topside it has good reviews. Might rebuy the Eleaf Squeeze 2. but am wondering are there any single battery regulated squonkers that I should be looking at?

I really like the topside, would definitely recommend it. I just bought a second one.

Reactions: niczgreat

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I like this one, but I watched some Videos and the side panels seem like they could be problematic. Also it takes the 20700 and all my new batts are 21700. Sigh...
    The Pulse 90 watt will take a 21700.
    Never had issues with the panels on mine.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I like both the Topside and the Pulse for single battery devices. Probably my favorite two.

If you tend to drop you mods a lot (sounds like you may), then I would suggest going with the Pulse X so you get 21700 capability. The Pulse is very durable, mine has survived many, many drops and still works like a champ.

Not sure what issues you are referring to with the panels. I've never had any problems and have been using mine a year. They will pop off if I drop it on concrete, but why wouldn't they?

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I like this one, but I watched some Videos and the side panels seem like they could be problematic. Also it takes the 20700 and all my new batts are 21700. Sigh...
    Curious too, what was the issue with the panels?

I have two of these and the panels seem fine, but I need something to fret about. :)

Reactions: t8kiteasy

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    What do you guys think about the
    Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80W Box Mod?
    I like it. Does TC reasonably well. My Hcigar Inbox does TC better IMO, but the Pulse is noticeably lighter in weight and is therefore more “carry-able” when I’m out-and-about. My Pulse 80 (18650/20700) has been upgraded to the Pulse 90 software, but I vape in TC only with a 20-25w limit.

Really like the door panels of the 80. Never had a problem with mine and I like the look and the almost rubbery feel of them. Don’t really care for the aesthetic of the translucent doors that come with the 90, TBH.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Well I decided on the Dovpo Topside and another Eleaf Squeeze 2 Both just came in.

I like the topside, it seems to be a very well thought out unit. It also has a key feature that I love. A lot of vaping units the 5 presses have to be done exactly right or it doesn't turn Off/On With the Topside whether slow or fast 5 presses does the trick. Filling the bottle is really easy peasy and the ergonomics are nice. If there is one negative it's that it's a bulky APV.

I like the KISS of the menu's I don't use temperature control and like that it's optional to add that menu and the feature. Makes it easy peasy to operate.

I ran into a glitch at the beginning. It appears that there is some sort of leak in the bottle. It was pushing up and pulling down air bubbles. Luckily it came with an extra and that one is working well.

It's a lot bulkier than the Eleaf Squeeze 2 but the red splash design looks really great. I think I may have bought it for the special color scheme and the APV came with it.

My comment about the panels on the Pulse 90 was just... in my mind I picture dropping the Pulse 90 and having the doors and all the innnards fly out. I've also had bad experience with side panel units getting loose and having a loose feel. But I don't have experience with the Pulse 90 so I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Well I decided on the Dovpo Topside and another Eleaf Squeeze 2 Both just came in.

I like the topside, it seems to be a very well thought out unit. It also has a key feature that I love. A lot of vaping units the 5 presses have to be done exactly right or it doesn't turn Off/On With the Topside whether slow or fast 5 presses does the trick. Filling the bottle is really easy peasy and the ergonomics are nice. If there is one negative it's that it's a bulky APV.

I like the KISS of the menu's I don't use temperature control and like that it's optional to add that menu and the feature. Makes it easy peasy to operate.

I ran into a glitch at the beginning. It appears that there is some sort of leak in the bottle. It was pushing up and pulling down air bubbles. Luckily it came with an extra and that one is working well.

It's a lot bulkier than the Eleaf Squeeze 2 but the red splash design looks really great. I think I may have bought it for the special color scheme and the APV came with it.

My comment about the panels on the Pulse 90 was just... in my mind I picture dropping the Pulse 90 and having the doors and all the innnards fly out. I've also had bad experience with side panel units getting loose and having a loose feel. But I don't have experience with the Pulse 90 so I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Late to the party, but like the choices you decided on.
    3 Pico S2's 10 months in, 3 Topsides 7 months in and all of them running 6 of my 9 Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's that have been solid wins starting from late 2017.

dmp6mods6.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread