Looking for new tank suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacecarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
I've been out of vaping for about a year and now have returned. The hardware is all new to me and I have no idea where to begin. I was using a 30w max box mod with RSST tanks and 400 wire mesh wicks 26 g kanthal at about 15 watts and .8 to 1 ohm. Sorry I left this out of my first post I make my juice and prefer tobacco flavors mostly RY4 and some Hangsen flavors I can't rember right now also prefer 60/40 or higher VG for more vapor production. I want to try some of the new tanks on my old mod and would like some suggestions as to some of the new tanks I should consider to get going again.

Thanks,
Wallace

Last edited:
Reactions: Super Flex

johnm1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2016
Peoria, Illinois
My favorite 2 are the Geekvape Avacado 24 and the Wotofo Serpent Mini. Both deliver huge clouds and excellent flavor. The Serpent Mini is a single coil RTA and the Avacado is a dual coil with an option to use as a single coil, which I do because for me the dual coil builds on it are just too much and use too much liquid. If I had to choose between the 2, I would have to go with the Avacado. Hope you find the gear that you'll love. I went through many RTAs and RDAs before I found those. Happy vaping!!!

Reactions: Super Flex

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
Youd need 40 watts probably at a minimum to run either of those. They can run less, but not as well. Really depends on your coil. Those are sub ohm tanks. But, honestly, mods have come along way in a year - you might just upgrade that too. Decent 80 watt mods can be gotten for 50 bucks or less.

If he's unregulated he could easily be running 80 watts or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnm1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2016
Peoria, Illinois
Honestly, I don't know right off hand how many watts. I have an unregulated dual 18650 series mod and I just haven't done the math on the wattage. Maybe someone else on here with a regulated mod and an Avacado could answer that better? Sorry.
I recently did the math on my setup and first, I have a Tesla Invader 3 mod, so I guess I have a regulated mod. At the voltage I set it on, usually around 5, and with the coils I build, usually around .5 ohms, I'm pushing about 50 to 60 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread