Looking for smooth and light tobacco flavors in nic salts for pod systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Hi
I typically like fruity flavors (NKD 100 is my favorite since Sub Ohm), but want to find light and smooth tobacco flavors, could be mixed with Menthol or other combinations, as long as those flavors are light, not obnoxious.
I am just starting nic salts (with Caliburn for flavor, Vladdin for stealth flavor on the go, Minifit for super stealth and Frenzy for everything, just not stealth due to the size and weight) and don't want to try them all out (spent too much already on hardware, don't even ask). So, I am here.

I see some recommendations for Halo Tribeca and thinking about the rest of Halo tobacco line.
Does anyone can comment on those?

Anything else for me to investigate?

Recommendations appreciated.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
NKD 100's classic (i.e. freebase) version of Euro Gold is a light, very smooth, tobacco with a sweet exhale (maybe vanilla, not sure). If you want something with a little more tobacco, less sweet profile, American Patriots by the same company.

Note I only use the freebase version of those. I don't know if they have a salt version, or how it tastes. Also I am using those juices in the 0mg versions. The sense of flavor of may change if you get them with nicotine.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Vapetasia's Royalty ll works for me lately.

Thanks

Checked around, a few quotes, which I don't like:

"The smell is really strong and long-lasting and clings to you and everything else"
"The flavor is nice and rich but the smoke can be SUPER HARSH"
"I didn't taste the tobacco it's more like vanilla custard and it's a bit harsh on the throat."
"The taste is ok, a little too rich for me. The hit is very harsh and give me a dry through"

Unfortunately not for me, as I am looking for more "light" flavor in this category, search continue.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
NKD 100's classic (i.e. freebase) version of Euro Gold is a light, very smooth, tobacco with a sweet exhale (maybe vanilla, not sure). If you want something with a little more tobacco, less sweet profile, American Patriots by the same company.

Note I only use the freebase version of those. I don't know if they have a salt version, or how it tastes. Also I am using those juices in the 0mg versions. The sense of flavor of may change if you get them with nicotine.

My favorite for freebase as well, but fruity flavors, especially Amazing Mango. I have already Patriots salt, but did not check it yet, as I am looking for variety.
Thanks for describing Euro Gold, will see if I have freebase version of that in my supplies and will waste Caliburn pod to taste it.
I should have Euro Gold, according to the old invoice - I remember that I tried something Naked 100 tobacco and did not liked (was very rich) for Sub Ohm, so i stashed the rest of Naked tobacco further away. Time to find it (I have between 5 to 8 liters of freebase stored!!!!).

Wonder is there anything else, other Brands.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Yea, I didn't care for Vapetasia's Royalty II, but some people swear by it. Such a strange flavor to me.

I have a bottle of Salty Fog's Bourbon Tobacco in nic salt, but so far I am not really tasting tobacco, more like a weird chocolate.

Pod Juice's Jewel Tobacco in nicotine salt is close to the taste of a real ciggy, but it has a harsh throat hit at 35mgs, probably not what you want.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for recommendations too.

Er3mos

Jul 12, 2019
Chattanooga
Hi
I typically like fruity flavors (NKD 100 is my favorite since Sub Ohm), but want to find light and smooth tobacco flavors, could be mixed with Menthol or other combinations, as long as those flavors are light, not obnoxious.
I am just starting nic salts (with Caliburn for flavor, Vladdin for stealth flavor on the go, Minifit for super stealth and Frenzy for everything, just not stealth due to the size and weight) and don't want to try them all out (spent too much already on hardware, don't even ask). So, I am here.

I see some recommendations for Halo Tribeca and thinking about the rest of Halo tobacco line.
Does anyone can comment on those?

Anything else for me to investigate?

Recommendations appreciated.

Tribeca as well as halos other flavors are all really good (freebase) never used the salts. Also vgod has some really good tobacco flavors cubano silver and black. They’re really cheap through element.com. Well the cheapest I’ve seen them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Tribeca as well as halos other flavors are all really good (freebase) never used the salts. Also vgod has some really good tobacco flavors cubano silver and black. They’re really cheap through element.com. Well the cheapest I’ve seen them.

Vgod is a go, will try. However vapedeal.com is much cheaper for vgod salts, unfortunately they don't have vgod freebase, check them up for other juices, so far they are probably the cheapest of them all, but they have limited brands and flavors, otherwise they would be all way the best. EV.com is good for variety first, price about 10-20% higher.
Considering size of my future order, every buck is counted.

Also planning to add Pod Juice salts eliquid, so it would be enough to play with.
For Pod Juice planning fruity ones, not tobacco, because 55 mg is to much even for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Er3mos

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019

Euro Gold is the winner for NKD 100 tobacco salts, exactly what I wanted (tried freebase in Novo mesh), very light flavor, Patriots is more robust (not bad at all, but in Sub Ohm, salts to harsh), it is like analogs, Camel vs Marlboro Red (I was a Camel smoker).

• Winner
Reactions: DarrenMG

Er3mos

Jul 12, 2019
Chattanooga
Vgod is a go, will try. However vapedeal.com is much cheaper for vgod salts, unfortunately they don't have vgod freebase, check them up for other juices, so far they are probably the cheapest of them all, but they have limited brands and flavors, otherwise they would be all way the best. EV.com is good for variety first, price about 10-20% higher.
Considering size of my future order, every buck is counted.

Also planning to add Pod Juice salts eliquid, so it would be enough to play with.

I’ll list of some of the sites I use.
Ejuiceconnect.com - fruit, jam, and ice monster 10.99 for a 100ml, also most of the keep it 100 line for 9$ per 100 ml also the one line from the beard
Ejuicedirect.com for vapetasia, yami, and some others. They have a consistent line up of good “premium” juice. All under 20.
Then element for vgod and sugai vapor lines.

Trying to find a solid place for anarchist juice just haven’t puch much effort into it. I keep getting distracted by other lines. [emoji1787]

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
I’ll list of some of the sites I use.
Ejuiceconnect.com - fruit, jam, and ice monster 10.99 for a 100ml, also most of the keep it 100 line for 9$ per 100 ml also the one line from the beard
Ejuicedirect.com for vapetasia, yami, and some others. They have a consistent line up of good “premium” juice. All under 20.
Then element for vgod and sugai vapor lines.

Trying to find a solid place for anarchist juice just haven’t puch much effort into it. I keep getting distracted by other lines. [emoji1787]

Thanks for sharing, comparable prices, however for salts (you looks like interested in freebase, correct me if I am wrong), vapedeal is a bit cheaper, example Naked 100 Salts

Search results for: 'naked 100 salt'
and once you purchase something from them, you will get 10% coupon for the next purchase, which makes deals even better. On major holidays, they drop all prices even more, another 10-15%, so what ever regular price now is 10.95, during 4th of July was 8.95 (as example), this is NKD 100 salts, 30 ml. I did not see so cheap NKD 100 anywhere (my most favorite for freebase and now salts).

In comparison

NKD 100 - 30mL - Salt Based Nicotine $11.99 Pod System Vape Juice

Nicotine Salt E-Liquid | Nic Salt E-Juice | Top Vaping Brands

Vgod salts
https://www.vapedeal.com/catalogsearch/result/filterby/bottle_size-30ml--brand-vgod/?q=vgod

Search results for: 'vgod saltnic'

But, I can see that some juices are more expensive at vapedeal. Lucky me with mine lines and brands.

I found this line on ejuicedirect sounds interesting.

https://www.ejuicedirect.com/products/watson-original

Watson is only freebase, not interested, but thanks for chip it in.

So far what I am already planning purchase, which getting close or already over $300 easy, maybe around $500 or so. I have to stop (I have about half liter of salts already, and this purchase is going to add at least 1 liter if not more).

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Tribeca is really good. Just finished my first bottle. At first I loved it, after about a week I found it to be a bit rich and gave it break. It sat around and steeped for a few weeks and I tried it again and it tasted a bit more mellow.

Great flavor. Unique and complex. I may try the freebase and see how it compares to the salts. I'm trying to find that nice medium of throat hit and nicotine fix. Salts are great, but very smooth and don't really give me much of a throat punch unless it's 50 mg, which is too much nic for all day vaping. I typically reserve that for refills during the work week; when I need a quick hit of nicotine and don't have time to puff a lot.

I'll likely trying more of the Halo tobacco flavors. I've had a few so far and I'm impressed.

I recently tried Witch Doctor by Hometown Hero and that's good as well. Milk Chocolate and tobacco flavor. Not too sweet and somewhat of a mellow flavor overall.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Tribeca is really good. Just finished my first bottle. At first I loved it, after about a week I found it to be a bit rich and gave it break. It sat around and steeped for a few weeks and I tried it again and it tasted a bit more mellow.

I have similar experience right now with NKD 100 salts. I love Naked 100 freebase, so my first choice for salts was NKD (Naked for salts), but it is so rich and harsh for more than 5 draws at a time, chain vaping is not possible at all. I think I will leave it alone for a week and comeback later. I just can not believe that it is acting like this. However I tried it in Caliburn, which produces the purest flavor, I will try NKD with Vladdin, Minifit and Frenzy, to see which one suited better for so pure juice. And I put freebase NKD 100 Euro Gold (tobacco) into Novo with mesh, and it is so goood, light, good flavor (comparing to Sub Ohm), good soft throat hit, good clouds for pod system, almost as good as my old Kanger Sub Ohm, and easy chain vape, and it is 12 mg, not 50 mg as all my salts, unbelievable, and I almost retired Novo, because with salts it was not good for me. Now I am considering getting more mesh pods for freebase. In Sub Ohm Euro Gold felt a bit harsh (50-60 watt), but with Novo it is perfect! What a surprise.

Tribeca is really good.

I'll likely trying more of the Halo tobacco flavors. I've had a few so far and I'm impressed.

I recently tried Witch Doctor by Hometown Hero and that's good as well. Milk Chocolate and tobacco flavor. Not too sweet and somewhat of a mellow flavor overall.

Thanks for mentioning Halo tobacco salts, which one of them is the strongest, so I will avoid it? Remember, I do 50 mg, so I am looking for mellow and soft flavors as well.

Reactions: DarrenMG

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Good deal on the NKD 100 Euro Gold. It's smooth as I could ever want in their 0mg freebase lineup, plus surprisingly close to a real tobacco taste. I use it as one of my go to juices when I am avoiding nicotine entirely, but still supplement with a few hits off a pod and nicotine salt juice here and there when I feel I must have a fix. Prices for NKD 100 juice are reasonable too.

p.s., Yea American Patriots is a little more robust, less sweet to my palette, as you wrote, sort of like comparing those two classic analog brands. I keep both in my rotation lately.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Halo Tribeca was the juice with which I stopped smoking. So, I'll never have anything negative to say about Halo or Tribeca, in appreciation. But, it's just not to my taste anymore (as are many of the liquids I once loved.)
But, you should definitely give it a try. Many many folks love it, as I once did. But, in those days, of course, it was the freebase.

Reactions: Northstar6

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I used to vape tobaccos but have since moved to fruits but one tobacco I liked was cloudy crystal salts tobacco creme. I usually mix my own juices so if you are willing there is a ton of flavorings to make your own light tobacco. Anyway tobacco creme has a unique flavor that I really enjoyed it was a sort of tangy exhale is the best way I can describe it. Really liked it so you may want to give it a try. I haven’t tried a lot of commercial juices because I mix my own but in my experience a companies freebase and salt of the same flavor doesn’t taste much different. Also cloudy crystal salts strawberry milk is really good if you still wanna try a fruit mix.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
I used to vape tobaccos but have since moved to fruits but one tobacco I liked was cloudy crystal salts tobacco creme. I usually mix my own juices so if you are willing there is a ton of flavorings to make your own light tobacco. Anyway tobacco creme has a unique flavor that I really enjoyed it was a sort of tangy exhale is the best way I can describe it. Really liked it so you may want to give it a try. I haven’t tried a lot of commercial juices because I mix my own but in my experience a companies freebase and salt of the same flavor doesn’t taste much different. Also cloudy crystal salts strawberry milk is really good if you still wanna try a fruit mix.

Thanks for heads up.
By the way, on what wattage approximately you vaped commercial salts? I am trying to find good tasting salts right now and I am at loss. Freebase Naked 100 tastes so much better in Sub Ohm 50-60 watt than NKD 100 in even Caliburn (it even spits back, pure crap for 50/50 juice) low wattage.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Halo Tribeca was the juice with which I stopped smoking. So, I'll never have anything negative to say about Halo or Tribeca, in appreciation. But, it's just not to my taste anymore (as are many of the liquids I once loved.)
But, you should definitely give it a try. Many many folks love it, as I once did. But, in those days, of course, it was the freebase.

Are you vaped Tribeca on pen pod system or on the box like Frenzy where you can increase wattage, and if so, what wattage approximately you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread