Looking for suggestions, what to buy next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
So my second Vamo in 9 months is on its last leg. I think I dropped this one a grand total of two times in the less than 5 months I have owned it. I've heard many people rave about the beating their Vamos can take, and others talk of going through multiple units in the span of a month or two. I did admittedly purchase both units from the same supplier, so perhaps it was just a bad batch. They were SS V2's, and I was really hoping the stainless steel build would provide a little durability. The bottom line is, I don't hate Vamos, but I don't love them either, and I need a new device. It seems that Vamos are on V4 now vs. V2 when I bought in June. Can anyone comment as to durability? Or is it time to search for a new device? There are just so many options, and I really don't know where to go with it. I've got a couple 18350's, 4 18650's, a charger, and a bunch of tanks. I just want a device I can stick my batteries in, twist my tank on, and get going. My initial thought is to go with the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescope. It is decently spendy at the local B&M shop ($80), but I got to play around with one and it seems like a decent set-up. I really did enjoy the telescoping concept, as I am honestly getting sick of lugging around extra tubes/extenders and what have you in order to accommodate different sized batteries for different occasions. I feel like I need to invest in a man-purse just to carry around my vaping equipment. But I am hoping to hear some suggestions and opinions. To sum it up, I need a VV/VW device (I can live with just VV) that can take 18350's and 18650's and has standard 510 threads for my 6ML tanks and cartos. Nothing crazy, just a quality vape and a little bit of durability (is that too much to ask for?) and I am looking for any and all opinions. Price is a bit of a factor, but considering I am out $110 in dead Vamos in under a year, I guess I am willing to pay a bit more for quality.

I will end this post by saying this: To all you ProVari enthusiasts out there: I get it. I am well aware of your opinion at this point. You are probably correct, but I am going to be stubborn and insist that I do not need to spend $150+ on a beautiful, American-Made, lifetime-guaranteed device. Let me blow my money elsewhere one last time, and when my next device craps out, I will give in and pony up the money.

Thank you all in advance for your time and sage wisdom.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I am a ProVari owner, so I won't even say what I would suggest. I don't really have time to fuss with stuff either, so size is determined at the start of the day based on how long I will be out. This way, I just need to carry the extra batteries. Also if you add up what you have spent on Vamos plus a new PV, you have spent as much as I have on 1 device that still works flawlessly.

aeroforce156

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
Greenville,NC
I'll sell you my ZMax haha just kidding...

I wouldn't suggest any ZMAX. I got a Vmax and it had a weird button, Zmax weird button (spotty firing) then finally a Sigelei Zmax v3 Flat top Telescope. The button on that one is crapped out too. Gotta hit it at a certain angle to make it fire.

I just got an Innokin SVD and it's off the freakin CHAIN!!! I have found myself at provape with a provari in my cart multiple times but I just can't go through it with... I got my SVD from FastTech for 36$ and it's a boss...

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
I just got an Innokin SVD and it's off the freakin CHAIN!!! I have found myself at provape with a provari in my cart multiple times but I just can't go through it with... I got my SVD from FastTech for 36$ and it's a boss...

Thanks for the input, what makes the SVD so special? It looks pretty decent, I like the SS and the fact that it telescopes. I may have to investigate more.

1 vote for SVD
1,000,001 votes for ProVari

Any other thoughts? Also, what exactly is a mechanical mod? Why do I want one? Where are the so many of them? Why is this such a confusing concept to me?

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
Thanks for the input, what makes the SVD so special? It looks pretty decent, I like the SS and the fact that it telescopes. I may have to investigate more.

1 vote for SVD
1,000,001 votes for ProVari

Any other thoughts? Also, what exactly is a mechanical mod? Why do I want one? Where are the so many of them? Why is this such a confusing concept to me?

The SVD is a great mod, so is the Provari. I will honestly say that I have yet to read a major negative comment about the Provari. I wanted something more cost effective and the SVD fits the bill perfectly. Also, I like the telescoping of the SVD so I can use different batteries.

To answer your other questions; a mechanical mod is just that. It's my understanding that it's only one circut. You push the button, make the connection and vape on, that's it. I'm still researching this myself so someone with more extensive knowledge can provide a more detailed description.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
a mech mod is, like stated, nothing more then a battery with a button. one mistake many people are making lately is they see others enthusiasm and they dont fully understand that more care is needed in choosing a delivery system. unlike a regulated mod a mechanical is working with a constantly dying battery unless you kick it. (small regulation chip). funny how the balance works, a carefree mod but twice as much thought to the device you will use with it.

too many times people buy mechs and just slap on there old protank or whatever and think hmm what were those people thinking saying this is so awesome, average devices work ok but many times mech users have to either choose the correct resistance, rewrap the heads or use RBA's with a tuned coil for best results.

nothing wrong with mechs, love mine, as many others do. but I only use rba's on them wrapped to .9 ohms. and not trying to tell you not to get one, just something to keep in mind and research some more, people not doing there homework is the reason I think there are so many in the classifieds lately, too many people convincing themselves they must be awesome because so many like them.

as for the VV/VWmods? cant help there, everything I own is actually more expensive then the provari lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread