Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Hello Everyone,

For out and about I use vivi novas which I switched to mesh. I think they work really well, but at times get annoying. For example, made a nice ushape mesh wick, doubled the kanthal legs and made a good coil coming in at 2.0 ohms. For whatever reason it seems if I hit it back to back a couple times I get the rubber gromet taste, even just using 3.4 to 3.6 volts.

For this reason I am thinking of picking up two other genesis style rba's (I have a cobra which I love but don't feel like dropping that much again so soon on another) and will just deal with having to be careful how they are transported. Looking for suggestions on other non high end rba's, figure will pick up other nice ones as time goes on. Any options that people really like that are stainless steel, any with pyrex glass (even if it costs a little more.)

Was also trying to look around for dripping rebuildable that are made for mesh, haven't seen any and wondered if others have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali

I would be careful with this version, someone recently posted about having leakage issues with the o-rings that it comes with. It might look the same to the untrained eye, but it has different o-rings than the ones available elsewhere.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I would be careful with this version, someone recently posted about having leakage issues with the o-rings that it comes with. It might look the same to the untrained eye, but it has different o-rings than the ones available elsewhere.

Would you suggest the one from Clouds of Vapor? Any other places with these that have a better version?

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
The one I got from COV also can be a bit leaky with the stock metal tank at times. I have to play with it (rotate the tank just right/tighten) to get it to not leak. Really, it is more seepage than leakage, but it . None of these really cheap ones are going to be perfect. And they aren't SS, which I just noticed you were looking for. I believe the AGA T is SS, but I don't know if there is a glass tank that fits for sure AGA Hydra - Rebuildable Atomizer - Stainless

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Would you suggest the one from Clouds of Vapor? Any other places with these that have a better version?

I got mine from both a Co-op and from discountvapers. Both work great for me. The DV version has a loose draw to it, while the earlier version that I got from a co-op has a tight draw. There are many different manufacturers for these, and the picture on COV doesn't give me a view of the inner components-so i can't say for sure. The DV version now comes with a clear tank, but you can also order it with the regular chromed brass tank that the early ones came with. I would grab an extra tank, wherever you go for yours, just in case you accidentally use the wrong juice with the clear tank- although I've abused both of mine w/ the clear tanks and nothing bad has happened yet ;)

Anyway, good luck! Like I said, tons of factories are making these exact same units, and all of them will be just slightly different from the next.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
The one I got from COV also can be a bit leaky with the stock metal tank at times. I have to play with it (rotate the tank just right/tighten) to get it to not leak. Really, it is more seepage than leakage, but it . None of these really cheap ones are going to be perfect. And they aren't SS, which I just noticed you were looking for. I believe the AGA T is SS, but I don't know if there is a glass tank that fits for sure AGA Hydra - Rebuildable Atomizer - Stainless
I am a fan of the AGA's as well ;)

What color are the o-rings inside the COV DUD?

Also, no one has one in stock yet, but there IS a SS DUD in production. It hasn't been ordered by any of the major outlets in the states yet. In fact, there's a lot of innovative products that are ready for distribution but not available over here...and its starting to make me want to ditch the reviews and open up shop- for real.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL

That looks really nice, actually don't have to have a glass tank as I don't use any juices really that would crack it they are nice if available is all.

I got mine from both a Co-op and from discountvapers. Both work great for me. The DV version has a loose draw to it, while the earlier version that I got from a co-op has a tight draw. There are many different manufacturers for these, and the picture on COV doesn't give me a view of the inner components-so i can't say for sure. The DV version now comes with a clear tank, but you can also order it with the regular chromed brass tank that the early ones came with. I would grab an extra tank, wherever you go for yours, just in case you accidentally use the wrong juice with the clear tank- although I've abused both of mine w/ the clear tanks and nothing bad has happened yet ;)

Anyway, good luck! Like I said, tons of factories are making these exact same units, and all of them will be just slightly different from the next.

Hmmm, wonder is I should wait. Would just like something else that I don't have to worry about a rubber grommet like on the novas. Sometimes it may just be my imagination but it still kinda bothers me I think I can taste it.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
I am a fan of the AGA's as well ;)

What color are the o-rings inside the COV DUD?

Also, no one has one in stock yet, but there IS a SS DUD in production. It hasn't been ordered by any of the major outlets in the states yet. In fact, there's a lot of innovative products that are ready for distribution but not available over here...and its starting to make me want to ditch the reviews and open up shop- for real.

My orings are black

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
That looks really nice, actually don't have to have a glass tank as I don't use any juices really that would crack it they are nice if available is all.

Hmmm, wonder is I should wait. Would just like something else that I don't have to worry about a rubber grommet like on the novas. Sometimes it may just be my imagination but it still kinda bothers me I think I can taste it.

The o-ring problems you had with the Novas (which I had as well...) won't happen on genesis systems unless you buy something like a ZAU or ZAP which have insulated wick holes. Definitely won't happen on a DUD. The DUD's that have leaking issues, to my knowledge, have clear or white o-rings- and the tanks slide loosely over them. Most people have had no issues at all like this, but most people also don't know how many different places their DUD may have been made, lol. I will say that I trust DV- and if Eric sees me putting his name out so much, he'll probably be upset, lol- he hates plugs. But I do trust his products.

Avoid the few stores where people had issues, and pick one up from one of the dozen other retailers- you'll be happy you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread