Looking for tank reccs for a chain vaper..

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerosmithkat

Feb 2, 2013
United States
I currently have a smok baby beast v8; crown 3 and a crown valerian. I have issues with burning coils out in 2-3 days on trhe smok and valerian. The crown 3 gets better cool life but it starts leaking everywhere by day 3-4. I know chain gaping is hard on coils, but I was hoping to get opinions of other tanks from other chain vapers. Thanks!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you rotate tanks when you chain vape? I do and my coil life is noticeably better in ALL my tanks, as they aren't overheating as much (you could also use temp control, I guess, to achieve that state) but chain vaping at high wattages is a known coil shortener, and depending on what juices you use, it could gunk things up very quickly.

An RDA or an RTA would be another option, but my first suggestion would be to have several setups when you chain vape (if you can) and you want to continue to vape enthusiastically and still get decent coil life. The darker, sweeter and thicker your juices, also (as well as NETs) can also shorten coil life.

Best of luck,

Anna

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I currently have a smok baby beast v8; crown 3 and a crown valerian. I have issues with burning coils out in 2-3 days on trhe smok and valerian. The crown 3 gets better cool life but it starts leaking everywhere by day 3-4. I know chain gaping is hard on coils, but I was hoping to get opinions of other tanks from other chain vapers. Thanks!
My full size TFV8 never burns or dry hit if used properly. Trust me I have 3! Make sure you don’t let the juice fall under the top of the wick slots. Vape at the low end of the best wattage. Waiting 3-5 seconds between vapes and hit it moderately hard to help the juice wick better. What else?....hm oh ya and occasionally swivel the top fill port open now nd then real fast to burp the tank to avoid vapor lock. Follow those tips and you will be fine.

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
I'm a little confused on which Baby Beast you have... is it the Baby or the Big Baby? I chain vape too, and I run through the Baby's coils like water, but the Big Baby's coils can last me up to two weeks. If you have the Big Baby Beast, what wattage are you vaping it at? That can make a huge difference in the lifespan of the coil....

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I'm a little confused on which Baby Beast you have... is it the Baby or the Big Baby? I chain vape too, and I run through the Baby's coils like water, but the Big Baby's coils can last me up to two weeks. If you have the Big Baby Beast, what wattage are you vaping it at? That can make a huge difference in the lifespan of the coil....
I have both the big baby and the cloud beast. I’m talking about the TFV8 cloud beast aka the big boy lol

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
The baby and big baby use the same coils. I like the t8 the best and vaped it at 70-75 all day long. Only problem with baby coils is so many of them are defective, like 70% according to smoke due to quality control issues they had 6 months ago. The wicking is packing to tight cause dry hits. Take a sharp blade and slice a slit vertically down each juice port on the coil. Be sure to only cut the first 2 layers or it will leak. As far as the cloud beast goes I have had no dry hits or any problems once so ever and I have put about 360ml thru it. I have 3 total cloud beasts lol. But the others never had problems either. My favorite coil is the t6 .2ohm 50-240w best 110-150. I chain vape it at 115w all day and no problems, just wait 3-4 seconds between vapes and your ok. My second favorite is the t-10 which can go to like 300wats or something mental haha. I vape that at 140 if I feel like being obnoxious. So I mostly stick to the t-6 but the number best coil EVER is the horizontech arco 2 sextuplet coils Which look similar to smok t6 but are much better, longer lasting and can use lower wattage. Hope this helps. Lemme know if you have any more questions

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
I have both the big baby and the cloud beast. I’m talking about the TFV8 cloud beast aka the big boy lol
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I got a TFV8 cloud beast instead of the Big Baby that was labelled incorrectly because people keep saying the BB and the BBB take the same coils and MINE do not...

• Optimistic

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I got a TFV8 cloud beast instead of the Big Baby that was labelled incorrectly because people keep saying the BB and the BBB take the same coils and MINE do not...

Attachments

• 3B85B7E7-B251-408C-8C03-2FA6CFC791A7.jpeg
    3B85B7E7-B251-408C-8C03-2FA6CFC791A7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
BB and BBB are same size and are the smaller ones and the cloud beast are the larger ones. The one coil by itself is for a crown 3 for size comparison. The original TFV8 coils are freakin gigantic! I love them lol
After looking over pictures of the Big Baby and TFV8 carefully, I've figured out that I have a TFV8. It looks almost identical to the BBB, but the body and posts are longer. Your picture helped as well... The coils are indeed massive...

• Useful

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
After looking over pictures of the Big Baby and TFV8 carefully, I've figured out that I have a TFV8. It looks almost identical to the BBB, but the body and posts are longer. Your picture helped as well... The coils are indeed massive...

Attachments

• 1318F472-4346-48BF-9D86-D911DAC01D21.jpeg
    1318F472-4346-48BF-9D86-D911DAC01D21.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 6AA16449-6FFD-46B1-8101-BF2A4BA4BA1C.jpeg
    6AA16449-6FFD-46B1-8101-BF2A4BA4BA1C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
They are massive but I can still vape the T8 coil at 110 W and blow huge clouds and it’s rated up to 280watts. If you’re not looking to go that crazy you can get the X4 coil that’s good for I believe 180w but I vape it at 95. I have some YouTube vids of the q4 and x4 being vapes at various wattages if you want to see?

• Useful

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
They are massive but I can still vape the T8 coil at 110 W and blow huge clouds and it’s rated up to 280watts. If you’re not looking to go that crazy you can get the X4 coil that’s good for I believe 180w but I vape it at 95. I have some YouTube vids of the q4 and x4 being vapes at various wattages if you want to see?

I'm using the V8-Q4 coils. It says its best settings are 90-150w, but I vape slightly below that at 70-80w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread