Looking for that perfect tobacco flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
I have been vaping on and off for 3 years searching for that perfect tobacco juice. I started out with Prosmoke classic tobacco cartridges. Since then I've changed my set up. I use an Ego battery with the clearomizers. I have yet to find a tobacco that is an all day vape. Most juices make me wheeze but the classic didn't bother my breathing and I didn't wake up in the morning with a raw throat. Can anyone suggest a mild..clean tobacco juice with a touch of sweetness at the end of the exhale. I have to vape VG only as PG makes my mouth sore...Thanks!

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Not sure if you like ry4, but I like VaporBeast Holy Grail, it is differt mild and tasty. The Kick Ash Tobacco is also mild, tasty but not as sweet. http://www.vaporbeast.com/Kick_Ash_Full_Flavored_Tobacco_p/l2.htm. Vaporbeast is also located in Ilinois and my favorite supplier.

Also these tobacco flavors I vape in 8 mg as it makes my throat feel fine. I find higher mg iritate me. Read the descriptions of these juices to make sure they fall in line whith what you like. I'm in love with their Holy Grail.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
Not sure if you like ry4, but I like VaporBeast Holy Grail, it is differt mild and tasty. The Kick Ash Tobacco is also mild, tasty but not as sweet. http://www.vaporbeast.com/Kick_Ash_Full_Flavored_Tobacco_p/l2.htm. Vaporbeast is also located in Ilinois and my favorite supplier.

Also these tobacco flavors I vape in 8 mg as it makes my throat feel fine. I find higher mg iritate me. Read the descriptions of these juices to make sure they fall in line whith what you like. I'm in love with their Holy Grail.

I have tried RY4...My favorites are USA and Wild West. This tobacco taste is awesome, I just can't recognize it's flavor. I get a clean tobacco taste with a little sweet. It's not almond, honey or Ry. It might be maple or toffee...It's driving me crazy!
With the price of analogs now I really want to switch.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Check out the other posts on tobaccos, there is a LOT of good information there. I read through and noticed the descriptions. You can get an idea from those to see if the descriptions match your personal taste, sweet or non-sweet ect. I can only give you suggestions based on what I have tried so far, so here goes. I ordered 2 from vermillion river. The premium kentucky cherry wood; very nice true tobacco and softly sweet, cherry not overpowering. The second was their classic blend, not sweet pure tobacco, clean but dry. I got in one from Rawr, very nice, not sweet , clean , true tobacco, not nutty or sweet and not dry. I tried kalamazzo Mad Hatter smooth good, vapor, not dry but a little more sweet with hints of spiciness, maybe some light floral. I am definately going to order from Heathers heavenly vapes. From all the descriptions on that Tobacco post it seems to fit my wants. Good luck finding your favorite perfect tobacco. I have used other juices and I made up my mind that I dont like overly sweet , in your face flavors, dont like the candy, or bakery or desert flavors, but thats me. Maybe I havent tried a good organic/natural one yet. For me I do taste the difference from the artificially flavored juice and the organic/natural ones.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have been vaping on and off for 3 years searching for that perfect tobacco juice. I started out with Prosmoke classic tobacco cartridges. Since then I've changed my set up. I use an Ego battery with the clearomizers. I have yet to find a tobacco that is an all day vape. Most juices make me wheeze but the classic didn't bother my breathing and I didn't wake up in the morning with a raw throat. Can anyone suggest a mild..clean tobacco juice with a touch of sweetness at the end of the exhale. I have to vape VG only as PG makes my mouth sore...Thanks!

The kicker here is finding the juice that works for your VG needs. Maybe ECF member jplanet can drop by and offer suggestions. You can try HHV's Gandalf, as Eleanor suggested, and get it in 100%vg. Most of the tobaccos I vape don't have that option to customize, outside of HHV and HB. You could send Brian at HB your specific needs and flavor desires, or you could just select the ratio of pg/vg (or all vg) on the drop down menu at HHV.

Jammin J

Feb 26, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
I just ordered some "Poison" from rawrvapor.com to try out. You can get it in several different ratios of PG/VG, including 100% VG. I order the majority of my tobacco's from Backwoods Brew, they are all 70/30 VG/PG.

One thing I will say about tobacco flavors is that it was really tough for me to find ones that I thought even remotely tasted like tobacco. After all it is really tough to bottle the taste of burning plant matter without having it taste like a tire fire. I have experimented with lots of flavors and I have found that some of my favorites ended up being non-tobacco flavors that I never thought I would have liked, but I do! The toughest part of the vaping journey is finding you're all day vape.

J

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I just ordered some "Poison" from rawrvapor.com to try out. You can get it in several different ratios of PG/VG, including 100% VG. I order the majority of my tobacco's from Backwoods Brew, they are all 70/30 VG/PG.

One thing I will say about tobacco flavors is that it was really tough for me to find ones that I thought even remotely tasted like tobacco. After all it is really tough to bottle the taste of burning plant matter without having it taste like a tire fire. I have experimented with lots of flavors and I have found that some of my favorites ended up being non-tobacco flavors that I never thought I would have liked, but I do! The toughest part of the vaping journey is finding you're all day vape.

J

Enjoying the taste/smell of tobacco and looking for a vape like that is different than burning anything. No doubt, you will not find the taste of combustion (yuck), but you can most definitely find tobacco vapes that are not dressed in flavors to signal tobacco, but are tobacco that speaks tabacconese. ;)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Agreed, though I find a lot of tobacco vapes seem to utilize tones of nuts/chocolate/vanilla in their mixes and that kind of ruins it for me. As with everything, taste is purely in the hands of the individual.

I just need to find more vapes that speak "tobacconese" =)

J

May I suggest a thread that is like a RosettaStone course in Tobacconese? (LOL) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html This is the thread that got me up and running. Good luck.

p.s. Tip: If you haven't, change your general settings to 40 posts per page and it will make scrolling through that (or any other longer thread) a lot easier than having to reload pages of 10 posts.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
Thanks for all the information. I wish I could do some PG, I've tried more than once but it always makes my mouth break out and really sore. I'm the type that loves coffee and chocolate but I don't want to mix the two unless it's a piece of chocolate and then a drink of coffee...know what I mean?...I've tried fruity, spicy, sweet, perfumey and narrowed my taste down to less is more. I really don't understand why some juice I can vape and all is well but most make me wheeze. I wake the next morning with a throat that feels like I drank acid!
The one juice I love isn't available in bottles yet, suppose to be in a couple months. My daughter is a baker so I had her smell it last nite. The first thing she said was it's familiar but I can't place it. That lead to us pulling out every bottle of juice I have , having a smellfest...LOL...Honest to God when I smell this juice I have the urge to drink it so we think it's possibly a coffee mixture. I love coffee and she loves the starbucks cappuccino. I used to take the kids grocery shopping when they were little and we all would enjoy the coffee isle smells...It makes perfect sense to me that I would love this flavor...
It's funny when I started vaping I was drawn to juices like cigar, my Grandpa smoked them...fond memories
Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used to not be able to vape all PG juices. They were just too harsh. I vaped VG juices and those that were mixed 70/30 to 50/50 PG/VG. I eventually got tired of the VG juices being too thick for cartomizers and began to vape a little PG here and there. I eventually settled on all PG juices because I could taste them much better. As I vaped them here and there, I conditioned myself to really enjoy them.

Most of what I vape is all PG, so I really can't recommend juices. You might try some sample kits to see what sticks with you. I'm currently into a Halo sample kit and found out that I really like their juices. One thing I noticed is that with Halo juices my lungs feel much less irritated than with some of the other juices. I guess that way to the perfect juice is to try samples of everything you can get your hands on and stick with the ones that suit you.

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Thanks for all the information. . . . I really don't understand why some juice I can vape and all is well but most make me wheeze. I wake the next morning with a throat that feels like I drank acid!

Are you drinking enough water? Vaping (even 100% VG) dehyrdates you, and can give you a very sore throat if you're not upping your water intake (yes, water -- sorry, coffee doesn't count! ;))

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Are you drinking enough water? Vaping (even 100% VG) dehyrdates you, and can give you a very sore throat if you're not upping your water intake (yes, water -- sorry, coffee doesn't count! ;))

Not only does coffee not count for hydration, it is a diuretic, so it counts in the opposite direction. ;)

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
LOL...Sadly I can't drink coffee anymore...I do drink as much water and gatorade as I can. Thats what I love about the juice is it actually clears my sinus up, my throat feels great, a little dry but not sore. My lungs feel better and I can breathe better and I actually prefer the juice to my analogs.
I did order some Gandalf from HHV as suggested. I'm going to find a sample deal for the coffee juices and I do have my regular juice supplier working on my problem....Dawn at DIY is a jem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread