Looking for the right battery for a KBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So I picked up the KBOX a few months ago, and I love the mod (no leaking issues for me) they only issue I have is that the on board charger does not work as well as using an external changer. So I am trying to find a battery that will last the entire 10ml tank.

Here is what I have the device set at -
  • I run a .5ohm, 26 gauge, single coil Kanthal build in it (using the Kanger Rebuildable head)
  • I do not use Temp Control
  • 20W is what I set it for.
The External Charger I am using is the Nitecore Digicharger D4

I have tried a couple of different ones.

First the one I bought with it is an Efest IMR 18650 3100mah 20A. This battery can last most of the tank, about 6.5 - 7ml of juice before recharging. This is okay, however 20A seems a little low for what I run this device at. after about 5ml of juice, the device will display that the battery is at 3/4 charge, but will randomly stop firing. When it will no longer fire the device and I place it on the external charger, it looks to be only 3/5ths drained.

The Second Battery I have tried is is a Sony VTC5 2600mah 30A. This battery only last 4 to 5 ml, but this battery does not stop firing until it fully discharged.

Next in line to try is an Efest IMR 18650 3000mah 35A. I dont have any of these on hand so I will need to pick them up.

Before I pick up more batteries I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions of other batteries that may be better than what I have found.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Topwater Elvis. Efest is notorious for over-rating the specs on their batteries. It is also known that they don't make their own batteries, but re-wrap the batteries of other manufacturers (of unknown quality).

The Sony VTC5 2600mah is only a 20 amp CDR battery, not 30 amps as often advertised.

The batteries that Topwater recommended are what I also would recommend. I also recommend purchasing them from one of the below trusted vendors. Beware of batteries sold on Ebay or Amazon.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
1wRfqEy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread