Looking for tips on my new setup! MiniTank and EVOD w/ Spinner1300 VV/Ego C Twist 900 VV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, I just placed my very first order to get started on vaping. I am very excited! I was curious to know if there are any tips I should know about? Things such as cleaning and maintenance, keeping/improving flavor, etc. Just basically anything to improve, maximize and lengthen the use of these products I have purchased.

Spinner/Twist Ego VV tank Combo
[Battery #1:Joye Ego-C Twist 900mAh - Red]
[Battery #2:Vision Spinner 1300mAh - Blue]
[Cartomizer #1:Mini Kanger Protank - II]
[Cartomizer #2:Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer - Black]

For juices, I went to Mt Baker Vapor and bought ThugJuice 80/20, Hawk Sauce 65/35 and 555 tobacco 80/20 as well as menthol flavoring drops, primarily for the 555 since I am a menthol smoker.

Any tips/suggestions would be great! Feel free to recommend and addons, accessories or other products that will help me get the most from this experience. Thanks:toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You'll eventually need replacement coil heads for the clearos. I believe they both use the same heads. Do a search on YouTube to find how to clean your tanks and replace the coil heads.

Be sure your draw technique is correct when vaping. It might be different than your draw technique when you smoked. A long, gentle draw into the mouth. Imagine sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake. Once you have a mouthful, either inhale or blow the vapor directly out through both your mouth and nose.

Nicotine from vapor is mostly absorbed in the mouth and nose, so the lung inhale has less importance than when smoking cigs. Exhaling through the nose also allows you to "taste" the flavor better, as the sense of smell assists your sense of taste in interpreting flavor.

Drink plenty of water. Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin which make up the e-liquid both absorb water from our body tissues and can cause dehydration if not replaced.

Last edited:

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Welcome to ECF Swerve!

You started off on the right foot, the gear you picked is great for getting started. I really like the mini protanks II's and evods are rock solid as well. They do use the same heads, so Bad is right you will want to pick up spares down the road.

As for maintenance, I would suggest wiping off the threads on the tank, and the battery when you refill or switch tanks. Eventually oxidation will build up making it difficult to get a good consistent connection. When that happens an alcohol swab will usually do the trick. The tanks and heads can be rinsed with warm or hot water. There are lots of video demos all over here and youtube.

With the VV, it's a good idea to start at a low voltage and move upwards as needed. In general delicate and fruit flavors seem to taste better at lower voltages, while tobacco and other stronger flavors seem to taste better at higher voltages. YMMV. :)

I would suggest picking up a vv pass-through to use as a backup should your batteries die or run out of juice. You should be able to get one for under $10... they are great for the car too.

If you have any questions feel free to ask there are lots of helpful people here.

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
Wow! You've got yourself a great start. Especially by coming here for backup info.
As you can see there are some very well schooled seasoned veterans that are willing to back you up
with great advice. Baditude's advice on VAPING will go a long ways in making your experiences
very pleasant. Your doing GREAT!

Welcome ABOARD! Lets hear more from you in the future, please?
There will be those (including myself) who can learn from you.

itsmedant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Herndon, VA
I was going to chime in and give my 2 cents but everyone else pretty much nailed it.

Keeping your vaping gear clean is essential. I always tidy mine up, almost every day just to be sure. My fiance vapes with me and 9 times out of 10 when she is having an issue its because of lack of cleaning. Either a bad connection, dirty coil, ect.

You are in the right place though, this place has a wealth of information and awesome people!!!

Congrats on the switch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the replies! I will probably order some more stuff on my next paycheck, including the Halo G6 starter kit to help my wife convert, as well as backups/replacements for my initial setup. It is a bit pricey at first so I appreciate all the tips. In the long run though it is going to be so worth it!

It's kind of funny....I have the same level of excitement and anticipation as I did whenever I gave up pain pills after a 7 year addiction and started Suboxone. Been on the Suboxone for almost 2 years and I have never had a relapse. It changed my life for the better in so many ways. That experience is going to help me find strength to get off cigs now as well. I know that this is going to be even more of a challenge than quitting the pain pills, but the benefits will be greater than almost anything I have ever done in my life. I just try to think about my wife and kids, and imagine all the money I will save, the health benefits for ALL of us and the satisfaction of knowing I kicked a bad bad habit.

I don't think I will quit smoking immediately. I smoke anywhere between 1-2 packs a day. My plan at first is to maybe keep 8-10 cigs around and only have one when I just can't take it anymore. Even if I smoke 10 a day, it will be a 50-75% decrease right off the bat. Who knows though......I have bought Blu disposables and those E-Hookah disposables before and I absolutely love them! The drawback is they do not last long at all and they are not very strong. I now have to option to have flavors that are even better, stronger and eventually cheaper. For a couple years now I have been at a point where cigarettes sometimes just taste nasty and make me feel like crap. I just love the act and the feel of smoking, and I have very high hopes that vaping will fill that urge so I can have my health (and my wallet) back.

Thanks again for the support everyone, and sorry for the long post. I am just very excited and optimistic about this whole thing lol. I have only been here a few days but so far everyone has been extremely helpful and supportive. The willingness of others on this forum to answer questions and give advice is going to be vital for me and many others to do this thing right! Happy vaping!

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Good luck on cheaper though. If you are like a lot of us here you keep finding new things you want to try and feel you must have. You definitely have a better grip on this than I did when I started two weeks ago. Since then I have gone crazy buying things for me and the wife. I think it will taper off here soon if I shut down my Internet. Lol congrats on starting. You can do it!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I don't think I will quit smoking immediately. I smoke anywhere between 1-2 packs a day. My plan at first is to maybe keep 8-10 cigs around and only have one when I just can't take it anymore. Even if I smoke 10 a day, it will be a 50-75% decrease right off the bat. Who knows though......I have bought Blu disposables and those E-Hookah disposables before and I absolutely love them! The drawback is they do not last long at all and they are not very strong. I now have to option to have flavors that are even better, stronger and eventually cheaper. For a couple years now I have been at a point where cigarettes sometimes just taste nasty and make me feel like crap. I just love the act and the feel of smoking, and I have very high hopes that vaping will fill that urge so I can have my health (and my wallet) back.

Thanks again for the support everyone, and sorry for the long post. I am just very excited and optimistic about this whole thing lol. I have only been here a few days but so far everyone has been extremely helpful and supportive. The willingness of others on this forum to answer questions and give advice is going to be vital for me and many others to do this thing right! Happy vaping!

There are a lot of vapers who did not completely quit smoking right away, and I was one of them ... I liked vaping immediately when I started two years ago, but at that time I still liked smoking too. I vaped while still smoking 4-6, sometimes 8 ciggies a day for about six months, and then I gave up stinkies for about a month and half ... but then I started smoking again. Like most other smokers, when I felt stressed I wanted a cigarette because the 6mg I was vaping was not doing it for me in those moments. If I had been vaping a higher strength of nicotine, then perhaps I would have gotten through the stressful moments without resorting to cigarettes, but it took me a long time to build up a tolerance to high nic, which used to make me cough, and choke really bad (maybe because I smoked ultra light cigs?).

Now that I can handle higher nicotine, I have finally quit smoking, and I believe this time for good because I don't have the slightest urge for a stinkie. 6 mg nicotine is still my main vape strength, but I now have 16-24mg juices around for when I feel like I need it that big hit of nicotine ... Vaping is highly enjoyable, and while similar to smoking, it is different, and it is a process to figure out what is going to work for you in terms of nic strength, juice flavor, and of course vape gear.

It took me roughly a year and half to figure out what combination of things were going to get me off cigarettes for good ... we are all different, some people quit right away, some ween off gradually, and some happily vape and smoke at the same time, so just be patient with yourself, and enjoy the process.

*** Warning *** browsing, and shopping for vape gear is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, and very fun, and staying up into the wee hours of the morning watching E cig review, and instructional videos on youtube is like a mandatory initiation into the wonderfully tasty world of vaping. :) Have fun with it!

Congrats & best of luck on your vapequest!! I think the veterans definitely gave you about all of the good info you need to get you started. I am a newbie too...just 10 days in so I really don't know much. I would suggest getting a variety of coils for for your toppers. I started with the Evod, but was still wanting a warmer vape so I ordered the Vision spinner 1300mah VV batteries, mini protanks, & coils in 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, & 2.5 ohms. I got the warmer vape with the 2.5 ohm coils at about 2.5 volts for most juices. Use this chart to get an idea when you get started with your vv batteries:
http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/power-vaping-chart-lg.jpg

I would also be sure to have a look at the list of "tank cracker" juices that can be found here in the forum. Be sure to put any of thise in your mini protank as it is pyrex and your evod is a plastic tank. Many have no problems with "tank crackers" in the evod, but better safe than sorry if you have a glass tank as well.

Good luck & godspeed!! Keep us updated on your success!:vapor:

*** Warning *** browsing, and shopping for vape gear is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, and very fun, and staying up into the wee hours of the morning watching E cig review, and instructional videos on youtube is like a mandatory initiation into the wonderfully tasty world of vaping. :) Have fun with it!

I have yet to receive my first order in the mail, but I am already planning my next purchase and watching ton of YouTube reviews lol!! It seems like a pretty neat hobby though. What's exciting is that this industry is still somewhat new and seems to be growing faster by the day, which leads to improvements and new ideas in terms of vaping hardware. Just a few more days until my stuff gets here, can't wait!!

I would suggest getting a variety of coils for for your toppers. I started with the Evod, but was still wanting a warmer vape so I ordered the Vision spinner 1300mah VV batteries, mini protanks, & coils in 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, & 2.5 ohms. I got the warmer vape with the 2.5 ohm coils at about 2.5 volts for most juices. Use this chart to get an idea when you get started with your vv batteries:
http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/power-vaping-chart-lg.jpg

:vapor:

When you say topper, I imagine you mean the mouthpiece/liquid holding part? I did read and learn about oHm, but I couldn't find what oHm my setup is. I ordered a Kanger Mini Protank and a Kanger EVOD eGo clearomizer. I am not overly concerned about the oHm right now, only because I know I will be purchasing more stuff in the next couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread