Looking for vets to weigh in on this plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
I fell of the wagon a little over a year ago.. Pretty much ran into a stressful situation and mom's health issues so I got frustrated and finally fed up after almost 3 years straight vaping with an occasional analog here and there..

Just wondering what the best set up is nowadays and latest juice craze?

Tanks were new back when I stopped vaping.. But Now I seen people in public talking about pyrex glass, and all these strange new terms lol..

Would appreciate any direction.. Vendor recommendations as well.. My preferred vape back then was 16 to 18mg

Last set ups I had were ego with 3.5ml tanks, (Which I didnt like due to flooding), OMG VV Mod, V4L pen style 808D bats..

I remember everyone on here was very helpful and doubt anything changed. Thanks in advance..

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I am not a vet but let me take a stab at a few thing that maybe you want to do some homework on. Take all of this viewed through the lens of your own preferances and budget.

808 still exists but it is not terribly popular. Many people have moved to larger devices with your ego batterys being the entry level these days.

Variable Voltage or Variable wattage are a big deal for many. Variable wattage being a more set it and forget it kind of thing. Set the wattage and the device adjusts the voltage for you to give you the set wattage no matter what topper you put on it.

Carto tanks are still perfectly viable and many people use them quite happily. Prepunched and preslotted cartos are common. THere are even rebuildable devices that replace the carto in the carto tank.

Many many people use clearomizers. Sort of a tank with a wicking system. Most with replaceable coils. These come in top coil (warmer vape), bottom coil and sigle or duel coil versions. It is convenient as they are fast to fill and come in many many variations. They can at times be fiddly.

Dripping is back in a big way. Generally with rebuildable dripping attys. A new craze has taken over of a rebuildable set up with a less than one ohm coil on a mech (advanced please do not dive into this without doing alot of homework to do it safely). The REO is still around and very popular. It is a bottom fed dripper.

For regulated devices you can find them in a whole range of forms and prices from a simple Ego-twist, to a vv/vw vamo or Zmax to a provari. One that is very popular and in the mid price range is the MVP. It is vv/vw and a box mod though not much bigger than a credit card. It is like the ego in that the batteries are not user replaceable. When it dies you replace the entire device. Those that have them love them.

ANyway without more info from you it is hard to suggest specifics. Hope this novel helps

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I probably should have put a disclaimer on my novel.

I personally vape everything from a simple ego/ego-twist to a REO Grand with a rebuildable dripping atomizer to a Mech with a rebuildable tank atomizer to a provari with a carto tank (either a rebuildable or an actual carto).

I have NOT used a MVP personally but know many that have them and love them. I personally prefer devices that have user replaceable batteries like the Mech, REO and provari. That is a personal preference.

Because I vape juices that can degrade plastics (tank crackers) I tend to opt for glass or metal tanks/clearomizers which the juice won't destroy.

I also do not sub ohm though I do vape on the low ohm side 1.2-1.8 ohms.

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
Thank you! I prefer grab n go setup.. Fast Charge, easy fill with no flooding or leaks.

I am not a vet but let me take a stab at a few thing that maybe you want to do some homework on. Take all of this viewed through the lens of your own preferances and budget.

808 still exists but it is not terribly popular. Many people have moved to larger devices with your ego batterys being the entry level these days.

Variable Voltage or Variable wattage are a big deal for many. Variable wattage being a more set it and forget it kind of thing. Set the wattage and the device adjusts the voltage for you to give you the set wattage no matter what topper you put on it.

Carto tanks are still perfectly viable and many people use them quite happily. Prepunched and preslotted cartos are common. THere are even rebuildable devices that replace the carto in the carto tank.

Many many people use clearomizers. Sort of a tank with a wicking system. Most with replaceable coils. These come in top coil (warmer vape), bottom coil and sigle or duel coil versions. It is convenient as they are fast to fill and come in many many variations. They can at times be fiddly.

Dripping is back in a big way. Generally with rebuildable dripping attys. A new craze has taken over of a rebuildable set up with a less than one ohm coil on a mech (advanced please do not dive into this without doing alot of homework to do it safely). The REO is still around and very popular. It is a bottom fed dripper.

For regulated devices you can find them in a whole range of forms and prices from a simple Ego-twist, to a vv/vw vamo or Zmax to a provari. One that is very popular and in the mid price range is the MVP. It is vv/vw and a box mod though not much bigger than a credit card. It is like the ego in that the batteries are not user replaceable. When it dies you replace the entire device. Those that have them love them.

ANyway without more info from you it is hard to suggest specifics. Hope this novel helps

WELL.....You could do the MVP 2 if you like a box mod or the Twist which is VV. For tanks I love the Protank AERo and the I Clear 30B. Since you are more experienced then say a total noobie would be that is kind of a step up from your original ego.

@Jenn Not into box mods but I will look into those tanks! Thanks for the info

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
ok Depending on your juice preferances (citrus, cinnamon, some mints/menthos will crack plastic) I personally like the Protank line of pyrex clearomizers or the EVODs in a plastic (though they now make a glass one). Both work fine on say an ego twist. If you want to step up from the ego into something a bit larger take a good hard look at the sigelli zmax it is a good solid vv/vw device.

Most who have MVPs love them because they can vape the better part of 2 days on a charge I think they are something like 2800 mah.

Nothing wrong with sticking with ego though if you like that I just suggest for vv grabbing an ego-twist or a vision-spinner. The spinner is easier to read the voltage on.

As for flooding or leaking I don't honestly believe there is any device that will NEVER flood or leak. My protanks occasionally do the one drop on the batterys positive pin and if they flood are super easy to blow out. So I don't consider them too awful bad to troubleshoot.

Last edited:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Thank you! I prefer grab n go setup.. Fast Charge, easy fill with no flooding or leaks.
@Jenn Not into box mods but I will look into those tanks! Thanks for the info

Good luck with THAT!
Just as before, there are NO completely leakless devices.
My best suggestion would be to haul in YouTube for your choices.
In YouTube, do a search for:
Pbusardo
Vapinggreek
Grimmgreen
J leone
Vapingpoint
VPlive vape team

And settle down for at least a week of watching and forming opinions.

Jarbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
New Jersey
in apv world, a sigelei zmax v3 or 5 with a clearomizer with airflow control is an awesome set up. you can rebuild the coils if you want, fill it and go and the extra airflow makes a world of difference.
i use the protank 2 with aerotank base. it's simple, easy to maintain and relatively inexpensive if you don't mind shopping around a bit.
desertvapes.com has incredible prices on the zmax.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I recommend the ProVari kit, and some Boge SR cartomizers to start. The kit comes with a Pro Tank, but if you want a very consistant vape, just order a couple boxes of Boge SR carto's. Once you determine that you like the carto route you can order a couple carto tanks and a carto punch. I recommendd the IBTanked tanks.

As far a liquids go... If you just want to imulate a cigarette (like I do), Alien Visions "Flue Cured Tobacco" is a great choice and is my primary liquid. I also keep a bottle of Alien Visions "Boba's Bounty" for an occasional sweet tobacco flavor. Johnsons Creek also makes some good eliquids.

This is the setup I use and it worked for me. I was a 3 pack a day smoker and have not smoked for over 3 months now. I have tried several other mods and none of them have been as accurate and consistant as the ProVari. I even bought a second ProVari as a backup.

Hope this helps.

crzyhrse99

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Kansas
Well if youre looking into rechargables, the joyetech ego c is a good little battery (has regulated/unregulated mode). Match it with a vision vivi nova or kanger evod in the 1.5-2.0 range (DC preferably) is a pretty good vape.

If you want to range out into a higher ohm coils, then I would recommend the ego c twist or other VV/VW device.

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For the "FILL AND GO" I would say protank or the ICLEAR 30B. I was a 100% protank girl now that I've tried the Iclear I have to say both the aero and IClear are duel coil so that flavor is so much better however the IClear wins for me hands down on flavor.

BUT we are all so different you will end up with a ton of different answers. For tubes do you want a removable battery? then Evic or the ZMax are the way inclosed tubes....Spinner or the twist though I loved the spinner a lot when I started vaping.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
If you want something to play around with advanced features without breaking the bank, try an iTaste VV v3. You can learn about what you like that way. Does everything the MVP 2 does, but is in an Ego size. It acts as a passthrough as well, so it only being 800 mAh shouldn't be too bad. For a hassle free topper, I prefer the Mini Protank II. The coils are cheap and easy to replace, and it doesn't gurgle as much as some of the larger bottom coils. I also like the Aspire BDC ETs. Both are glass and metal, so you wouldn't have to worry about certain juice flavors cracking a plastic tank. For a plastic tank, an iClear 16b is great. For larger toppers, I like the iClear 30b, although it's plastic. In glass, I like cartotanks.

Not much of a vet but I just got an itaste vv v3. I like it because it is about the same size as an ego but the power of a mod. It's very similar to the MVP. I run a protank 3 on it and it's great and portable. It also has passthrough so you can vape and charge at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have also said that I had some flooding issues in the beginning with the protank but I started rewicking my coils with cotton instead of wick and it has been awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread