Looking into lavatube and maybe a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok289

Sep 9, 2011
Albuquerque
Hey guys, so some of you might have seen earlier that I was looking into getting the Prodigy 3.1 but I think I've changed my mind to VV. So I started shopping around and while I would love to invest in the ProVari I just can't afford it, I would like to avoid box mods so really the only choice I have left is the Lavatube, it seems like a lot of people here are enjoying it so I figure I might as well make the switch.

However, I also usually am just an avid dripper, I had a bad experience with cartos when I started with the V2 cigs and couldn't stand them, probably because their flavors are terrible but anywho.. I see a lot of people that use the lavatube have been using tanks and the such, so I'm kinda looking for some good advice on which tanks are good, and if there are particular cartos that I need to use with these tanks, I'm aware they have to be slotted but I'm fully aware of how to punch them myself, either with a nail or with a saddle valve.

Also is there certain mixture of pg vs vg that I need to use in juices for cartos? usually i'm around the 60 VG 40 PG area, will that wick too slowly?

Any advice is well appreciated, thanks guys!

Sorry also to moderators I posted this in the wrong thread earlier

nqabassist26

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
SoCal
Check out the lil Mama tank (3ml) or Big Daddy tank (5ml) from BigDaddyVapor, they come in steel or delrin and look pretty and are priced right. My cousin uses a smoktek tank that runs 1.5ohm DCC on his lavatube and he loves it, and it was only 12 dollars.

I'd recommend a minimum of 70pg 30vg in a tank for it to wick decently, but I haven't messed with anything higher in VG than that because others on the forum said it would be problematic.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
I have been in vaping bliss with my J-Tanks from Electronicstixs on my Lavatube for almost a month now... Using Boge 3ohm cartos which have been metering in at 2.6-2.8ohms... Running juices that are pg/vg 65/35, 50/50, and 100%pg with know problems... I do punch two holes in the cartos for my juices that are higher than 50% vg for better wicking...

The J-tanks come in 2 sizes 3ml & 5ml that both fit the same Boge cartos in 7 colors... Stock does change daily so if the color you want is OOS check back frequently...

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Havok289,

+1 on Donnahs suggestion of the chibi tank. I don't use tanks that often, but mainly because I'm always trying out juices. But, the chibi works well, and it's only like 5 1/2 bones without a carto, since you'll be slotting your own anyways.

Also, I realize this wasn't really your question, but there are other vv tube mods out there. The two from notcigs, while not as economical as the lava tube, are still very affordable. And, they're both really great mods. The Infinity pro is about 100 bucks, and the Buzz Pro about 30 clams more.

Just saying.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Last edited:

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
+1 to Maximillian.
The Infinity Pro is a superior device to the Lavatube. Ok, it doesn't have fancy-schmancy LCD displays but it is a sleek, slim, well built, American made device that can be had for $100 in its basic form and absolutely will NOT drop the voltage without telling you (as the Lavatube does) when you use LR cartos at high voltage.

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Indiana
I have been using my Lavatube for about a month now and got a couple of lil mama tanks to use with it. It is a wonderful experience! In order to get the HR cartos (single coil) to make it perform best you will need to use the 3mL size tank. The Big Daddy is going to force you to use dc cartos which will limit your Lavatube as it is not meant for dc cartos. I have a j-tank on the way as well. The Lavatube is an excellent choice for a VV mod at an affordable price. Tanks make cartos nice as it keeps them nice and wet and no fussing with topping off and then having leaking issues. Good luck!

:toast:

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
I've definitely looked at the buzz and the infinity pro, the only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that it uses different batteries than most other mods, I'm not really concerned about not having an LCD screen, but an on off button is almost a must for me as I keep it in my pocket a good deal of the time

Heyas Havok289,

lol. I'm not campaining for the notcigs mods. Really I'm not :p

But, I actually prefer the notcigs "power off" function to the ones on my provari or lt. To power off the notcigs mods, you just unscrew the endcap a half turn or so. I'm not sure what the threads on the endcap of the notcigs is made of, but it not only seems very durable (mine are fine, and I've never heard of ppl having problems with them), the threads are not conductive. The circuit runs from the spring to the metal .... of the endcap to the mod body. So, if that metal .... isn't touching the mod body, no circuit. Nada. Pretty much failsafe in my opinion. And, that's quicker and easier than the power off/on function of the provari and lt.

Just my :2c:

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I don't own a buzz, but I've played with one. It's on my short list of must have PV's! I've not heard any complaints, other than the size, about the button. I do, however, own a Lavatube, and so far, the label has worn off, and I have found that on mine at least, the voltage that is displayed on the readout is not exactly accurate. The LT does not go to 6v like it states, highest I can get mine is 5.6v on a fresh battery. Less on an almost dead one. So voltage "regulated" is suspect as well. You get what you pay for. IMO, for a little bit more, you can get a US made PV that is better quality. You don't get a LCD readout, but it's not really neccessary.

Sent via cellular communication device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread