The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking to buy my first mods.

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by hugrem, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hugrem

hugrem Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2012
    Canada , QC
    Iso opinion on what to get.
    Lavatube ?

2. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    First of all we are going to need a price range you are willing to spend. My first was a lavatube and it worked great for what I needed at the time. The new lavatube 2.0 that's out is really supposed to be a good device and nice and easy for beginners.

3. NickFit

NickFit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2012
    Newfoundland
    bk78 is right, what is you acceptable range for spending? Things are changing fast lately and there have been some new additions in the last couple of months. You may want to spend a little more now rather than have to spend more later to replace the first mod. Personally, I would recommend the VAMO for a starter mod, I don't have one but have heard good things and it is only $46 on canvape.com. It is variable voltage and variable wattage.

Remember you will need to buy batteries and a charger as well, and adapters for some mods so that things like a stardust with an ego thread can still be used on the mod. The Vamo has a ego threaded connector.

4. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    I just ordered this image.jpg . It's from QZI mods $200 shipped just to give you an idea. But if I were you I would go with something like nickfit suggest the vamo would be great for you to start out.

5. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah, I've owned a Vamo for only 5 days, but with my brief time using it it has seemed extremely great. I believe Field of Vapor also just put out a review for it.

Here it is.

6. dennis_j

dennis_j Senior Member ECF Veteran

HUGREN, IMP lava tube is quit large about 5inches ,and heavy,i have a lambo-4 which is the same thing; also have a1300mah spinner made by vision,which IMO is a great mod for only 25$,I would get 2 so one could be on charger will using the other,I know by experance that the spinner give just good a prof. as my2600mah lambo ,at1/3 the cost, check out the eGo 18650 mod, they cost 22$ and reviews say they last a long time up to 4 days per charge they use a 2600mah battery, and can be charged with ego charger costabout 9$, also the spinner does not need any adaptors for differant atties or cartos, this is just my in put on this do what you think will serve your needs.....

7. hugrem

Jan 5, 2012
    Canada , QC
    Where can I get one ?
    And 25$ only ?
    My price range can be up to 150$.

8. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I'm pretty sure those are a eGo Twist remake, but I could be mistaken.

9. Royaldrunker

Royaldrunker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2012
    Vancouver
    Go for the vamo

Hands down for $45

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    If you dont dig "tube" mods, the smok VV gripper works and is inexpensive.

11. NickFit

Aug 29, 2012
    Newfoundland
    Canvape.com has everything mentioned here so far... best prices and if you order over $100 the shipping is free.

12. hugrem

Jan 5, 2012
    Canada , QC
  13. hugrem

Jan 5, 2012
    Canada , QC
  14. RicZilla

RicZilla Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I would personally go with the following a bit more pricey than the Lavatube but has the features you ever need and uses two types of battery mini for on the go and big if you going for a long car ride or just sitting at home.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/egovw.htm

Get 1 or two of those batts for long life.
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18650.htm

Get two of these for compact size.
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18350.htm

And I have this charger works great.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/tfbc.htm

15. Nodnerb

Nodnerb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    I agree with the vamo suggestions. Fairly simple and intuitive, cheaply priced well built mod.

16. NickFit

Aug 29, 2012
    Newfoundland
    I agree... the Vamo is variable voltage and variable wattage... something pretty new and you can get it cheap with the Vamo. Spend a little more and get a lot more.

17. hugrem

Jan 5, 2012
    Canada , QC
    So no to a lavatube ?
    it come as kit so ^^

18. NickFit

Aug 29, 2012
    Newfoundland
    I had a longer explanation and my wireless went down and I lost the post... so here is a shorter version.

It is not so much a "no" to the lavatube as a "yes" to the Vamo. I have not used either device, but I have heard good things about the Vamo. The Vamo is variable wattage, the Lavatube is not. The Vamo is accurate, I am not sure about the Lavatube. AS I have read and I am now experienceing myself, vapers have a tendency to want the newest stuff and end up buying a lot of gear. The Vamo is the new thing, variable wattage and it still has everything the Lavatube has and is more accurate I would venture. It all comes down to how much you want to spend and whether you can foresee yourself wanting to upgrade next month, then again the month after that. That gets expensive, moreso if you start on a older technology or take smaller steps. But you may be totally satisified with the Lavatube and $50 for a kit is a great deal!

Take into consideration quality and durability as well, the Vamo is pretty new so it is yet to be seen how long it will last. Search for Lavatube problems here on ECF, I really couldn't tell you how durable it is myself. What are the warranties on each of them? The more expensive mods can run hundreds of dollars but are much higher quality. You can get variable voltage in a twist for less than $25, but it is disposable after 250-300 charges. I owe three twists and they do the job. It is really up to you, but my advice is that if you can afford more go bigger... if you can't afford too much now go smaller... then save for a few months all that money you would have used buying cigarettes and buy one of the big name mods with great reputation for quality, accuracy and durability.

Edit: it got pretty long again anyways... :)

19. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    If you have up to 150.00 to spend, one word to you: Vamo

20. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    What they said. :) I think a variable wattage mod, like zmax or the vamo makes more sense than the lavatube at this point.

I'm personally waiting for the eVic to show up, but it's going to be at least double the price of the Vamo, for a fancier menu and hopefully better quality. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.