Looking to ditch current supplier/ seeking advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
2 most popular KR808D-1 threaded

Vapor4Life - unregulated 3.7, 4.2 off the charger, 10-13 second cutoff for long drags, I recommend manuals

SmokelessImage Volt (or Bloogplanet or Halocigs G6) - rubberized, 3.6v regulated for 40mah more charge per size, sealed end on the manuals

---

cartos - I use Bloogplanet/SmokelessImage nice absorbent horizontal coil cartos. Lots of vapor easily and use juice faster. I also use Vapor4Life WOW cartos (hot at lips - use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a cool mouthpiece which I do anyway - easier to remove to check stuffing or add juice)

nosmo29

Dec 4, 2011
Oregon
Hi there, thanks for the replies! I am actually interested in this 510 setup I have been reading about on here. I'll keep the v2s as a backup, but I'd like to know a bit more about the differences in vapor production, average cost per month for a former 1/2 pack a day smoker, etc. Also, does the 510 only come in the 3 piece design or is there a 2 piece option? Pros and cons to either?

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
If you want to try a 510 system on a tight budget, and have something that isn't going to require frequent charging:

Pick up an ego passthrough, it has the charger built into the battery, and comes with a usb charging cable.
eGo 510 650mAh USB Passthrough Battery
Boge 510 3.0 Cartomizer 5 Pack With FREE 5ml Bottle Of Eliquid or get the 2ohm if you want a hotter hit.

Or try the E Power system. There are several registered vendors that carry it. Liberty Flights, and Crystal Clear Vaping come to mind. I'm sure there are more.

nosmo29

Dec 4, 2011
Oregon
Wow! The prices are much better on those 510's! Thanks for that- and I'll certainly look at the awesomevapor website as well. Would you guys say it would be best to find a supplier in my neck of the woods for better shipping? I have been told to stay away from out of the country dealers, and V2 is located in Florida with awful shipping times.

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Not all 510's are created equal. 510 is just the designation for the kind of threading for the battery. The cig sized batteries don't have the punch that an ego sized battery will. Also you can't use low resistance cartomizers on the cig sized batteries, you need an ego sized battery or bigger. The low resistance cartos will give you warmer vapor, better throat hit and better flavor. If size doesn't really matter to you and you're on a budget, a riva kit from liberty-flights.com will be your best bet. $37.49 for the lite kit. Its bigger than a cigarette, but it will perform much better and last much longer than the mini 510 will.

Last edited:

nosmo29

Dec 4, 2011
Oregon
the US side of liberty flights doesn't have the E power.

Check this guy:
Crystal Clear Vaping

It looks like it costs more, but it comes with a free pack of cartos and a free 30ml bottle of juice and free shipping.

It looks like I've got quite a bit to learn about voltage, different carts, 3-piece setups, etc. Thank you guys for all the help! I'll most definitely be checking out these suggestions!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
the company my mom and I use is awesome vapor ..
there family run and really good with their products. my mom has been using them
for a few months now and has had no problem. look em up at awesomevapor.com...
and you can see for your self. cant hurt to look:)
DITTO
I've been shopping for all my supplies at AwesomeVapor.com for 4 years.
What a fantastic family owned company...They even have a direct phone number
Here is the link to their home page: AwesomeVapor.com

Wish I lived in Cumming, GA area because the just opened a walk in vape store :)
:2cool:
Awesome Vapor
1310 Canton Highway
Cumming, GA

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...if considering the E-Power(I have 2 and love 'em) get them at either crystalclearvaping.com or hoosierecigsupply.com ...there are other vendors for these BUT, there have been switch issues with them and CCV and Hoosiers have been in the forefront of getting the manufacturer to step up and fix the problems...they are currently on the 5th generation of switch design and should have it nailed now...if buying from other vendors, make sure they have the latest switch in them
...the E-power is fairly large(but not too big), features a drop in batt like a flashlite(5buck replacements) for near all day performance and is a regulated 3.7v PV with 510 threading
...another option is the Kgo from hoosiers and it is a proprietary batt(batt and switch in one unit, 18bucks to replace)), features near all day performance, id 510 threaded and a solid performer....
...if you wish to stick with a ciggy sized unit, the 808 models recommended from SmoklessImage, Vapor4Life and BloogPlanet are all solid performers with a 2-4hr batt life depending on model and SI offers the semi-sealed autos...have fun and Happy Vaping..............
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread