looking to finally buy a high wattage mod! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
hello all! i am looking for ideas on a high wattage mod...

i am officially on the hunt for my birthday gift for myself. this is year 2 that i am hoping to have a vaping accessory birthday! and i am excited that prebuilt low to sub ohm coils are being made for tanks now! i am also hoping to pull out all my building wick and wire and start tinkering again- mostly planning to tinker, build and do some diy late December when i have time off work! that said- i have a mechanical mod... i do not enjoy using it and hope one day i will get to liking it. was going to sell it but decided i better not- i just may wish i had it one day... soooo, now that there are so many options out there for regulated mods that have lots of power, i want one! (OF COURSE, lol) if i am totally honest, i probably will mostly use it with manufactured coils in tanks (hopefully in something like the new Aspire Atlantis) but like i said, i want to tinker and try building my own coils here and there too... i do not NEED more than 50 watts, maybe not more than 35 but... there are so many options... i was hoping i could get some ideas, which are the best in your experience. it needs to work out of the box and not require i fiddle with it because i do not know anything about that. i want it mostly for home- with a Kayfun or Atlantis style topper... i prefer tube mods but realize there are a bunch of box mods that have what i want. i love the look and size of the DNA30 box mod... if they come in pretty colors, that is a plus! :) i will not allow myself to spend more than $100 ish on it since it won't be a daily driver and only thinking i will spend that much cuz it will be a gift from the hubby... can you guys give me ideas? and what is most important are ideas where to buy from. i search the net constantly but feel like since i do not mod shop i must be missing some vendors! i appreciate any ideas! :)

THANK YOU!

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I wrote concise responses twice but my phone dumped em twice so here is the short and sweet version.

Go with either an IPV2 or sigelei 50w.
They use the same chip set, so pick whichever box you think looks better.

Either can be had for under 100 dollars.

Avoid the DNA clones. While some are ok, the IPV and Sig use a much more accurate and reliable chip set (made by yihi).

To get something objectively better in any respect you will have to double your budget and go for a genuine Dna40 based mod.

jackrussel

Jul 21, 2012
Toronto
If you like to tinker, you could build your own DNA40. https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1785701/t/1358260/diy-finished-pictures/1

Vapedojo - DNA-40 board $60, Evolv USB charging board $7.50
Fasttech - DNA-30 enclosure $20.

I'd upgrade some of the wiring going into the box and also the 510 from either Fatdaddys or Varitube.

Well, that's if you like to tinker...........

Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
[

Thanks for sticking it out to get me your opinion/info despite your phone being a 'pita'... I am greatful! I rely on fellow vapers knowledge when I am in uncharted territory especially when it comes to something like this. I think the IPV2 looks nice and comfortable :) I'll start my in depth research on the two today. Again, thanks for the info :)

QUOTE=MrPlink;14597006]I wrote concise responses twice but my phone dumped em twice so here is the short and sweet version.

Go with either an IPV2 or sigelei 50w.
They use the same chip set, so pick whichever box you think looks better.

Either can be had for under 100 dollars.

Avoid the DNA clones. While some are ok, the IPV and Sig use a much more accurate and reliable chip set (made by yihi).

To get something objectively better in any respect you will have to double your budget and go for a genuine Dna40 based mod.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate info and will keep it for the future. For now as a safety precaution, I better leave the building to the pros :)
If you like to tinker, you could build your own DNA40. https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1785701/t/1358260/diy-finished-pictures/1

Vapedojo - DNA-40 board $60, Evolv USB charging board $7.50
Fasttech - DNA-30 enclosure $20.

I'd upgrade some of the wiring going into the box and also the 510 from either Fatdaddys or Varitube.

Well, that's if you like to tinker...........

vince01

Sep 15, 2014
North West England UK
With extra power you have to have an adequate air supply to do it justice

I've found that even rebuilt clearos cant make the best of higher res coils

because of the air limitations

As for a higher powered mod, I'm waiting for the spec on the soon to be

released Innokin MVP V3 to be confirmed, if it performs as well as the v2

but with more power, it will be my next purchase

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Ooooo you have my attention. I haven't heard about the mvp v3... i love my v2, is there info out there I can find. I'm off to see... thanks for the heads up!
With extra power you have to have an adequate air supply to do it justice

I've found that even rebuilt clearos cant make the best of higher res coils

because of the air limitations

As for a higher powered mod, I'm waiting for the spec on the soon to be

released Innokin MVP V3 to be confirmed, if it performs as well as the v2

but with more power, it will be my next purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread