Looking to get a evod or vapeonly bcc but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBergMan

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Tupelo, Ms
Or both?..but I have seen someone who posted that if you get a clearo you should get some cartos as well incase they come in messed up. Could I substitute that for just buying some 32awg kanthal and silica and fix them myself? With the plethora of youtube videos out there it can't be that hard and the device I'm buying (Vamo) can check ohms..

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Assuming that your join date is indicative of your experience with vaping, you should be trying a little bit of everything to see what suits you best. No need to go hogwild, but try a few types of cartos (Kanger bottom coil, Boge vertical coil, Smoktech dual coil, etc.), a few types of clearos (eGo CE4/5, Vision Vivi Nova, Kanger T3/EVOD, etc.), and a couple of attys.

i'd recommend any of the kanger t3 models. they make a full size, full size the a metal cover, a mini, and the evod. the evod is more friendly to vapers who want to rewick/recoil, but all have replaceable heads. Buy at least a couple of extra heads with whatever you pick until your ready to start rewicking/recoiling youself, cause even then youll want extra heads. the kanger v-nanos are pretty solid as well, but like most cartomizers are disposable.

TheBergMan

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Tupelo, Ms
Assuming that your join date is indicative of your experience with vaping, you should be trying a little bit of everything to see what suits you best. No need to go hogwild, but try a few types of cartos (Kanger bottom coil, Boge vertical coil, Smoktech dual coil, etc.), a few types of clearos (eGo CE4/5, Vision Vivi Nova, Kanger T3/EVOD, etc.), and a couple of attys.

I actually started vaping a few years back with a riva and some drip style attys. The riva broke on me and sadly I have been back on analogs for over a year :(. Which is why this time I have done wayyy more research and browsing around. Definately gonna go with a better ecig this time too. Just on a limited budget atm and have to plan it all out to the penny lol.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I actually started vaping a few years back with a riva and some drip style attys. The riva broke on me and sadly I have been back on analogs for over a year :(. Which is why this time I have done wayyy more research and browsing around. Definately gonna go with a better ecig this time too. Just on a limited budget atm and have to plan it all out to the penny lol.

In that case, get a couple extra atomizer heads and the kanthal and silica. Maybe add some steel mesh to try that out as well.

TheBergMan

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Tupelo, Ms
Sounds like a plan! I think I'm going to go with a vivi nova, and 2 evods OR a iclear30 and 2 evods or maybe a vapeonly BCC. A couple heads for each and some kanthal and silica to start with..that way I'll have a BCC and a top coil unit to see what I like better. Sound like a good starter plan?

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Your plan sounds solid, I have all but one you listed and actually use them all daily, I havent used the iclear but my brother likes his alot. I re-wick my novas, but I havent had too much luck with the BCC yet. My evod is still going strong like a champ so I havent tried that yet. I also havent tried doing SS on any of them yet either, have tried cotton and bamboo as well as silica though, I prefer cotton or multiple small silica(.8mm) to a single big one(2 or 3mm). I use primarily 30 and 32 gauge kanthal

TheBergMan

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Tupelo, Ms
I think I've decided to hold off on the iclear until heads become cheaper or someone finds a good rebuild method. Going to be 2 vivi novas and either a vapeonly or 2 evods..probably the vapeonly just for the bigger tank lol. I mainly just wanna check out the BCC part of it because I like really strong TH but I'm afraid the cooler vape from the BCC will affect that.

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
My vote goes to the vivi nova and the vapeonly. But.... I would also get some silica(2mm should b fine) and some kanthal a-1 32g.

The nova, I would order from myfreedomsmokes, I would go with the mfs mini version, as they come with all the same resistance heads, and compared to other versions, have been flawless for me...

The vapeonly has the potential to rival the nova IMHO, but not out of the box. They seem to wrap the coils way to tight, and choke out the wick, resulting in nasty burnt hits, that being said... they are super easy to rebuild, and I have not had a single issue sine rebuilding mine (that was about 3 weeks ago...)

I havent tried the evod yet, but I had a couple t3's which as far as I can tell, is pretty much just a bigger version of the evod, and they developed leaking/gurgling issues after about a week or 2.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread