• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Looking to get a new carto and clearo for my eGo T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Hey everyone,
I've not tried a carto yet - but as many have explained and I've experience my Vivi Nova clearo; the dry burnt hits a lot of the times are pretty gross tasting.

Is it accurate that carto's don't suffer from this issue and are disposable? I've seen some that aren't disposable as well? A little confused on that front.

But regardless - any recommendations from canvapes nice selection that you'd rec. ?
Here are some I've been thinking about thus far.

ViVi Tank Rebuildable Smoktech

Smoktech Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Clear 5 pack

Firebird Bottom Coil Cartomizer - 5 Pack

So far the top one seems really attractive [nobody likes an ugly ol' e-cig] but I'm not sure! any advice on this topic would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Nick Basham

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
I thought that Attys were like a few hits then a few drops? Though I've never used one first hand it seems like it'd be a pain in the ... to do while working / being out etc.

That's the main reason I wasn't really interested in Attys

What about something like this:-

NicFitNation.com - Canadian supplier of e-cig kits, parts, accessories, and e-liquids - eGo-T Spare Parts

My ego t came with the above, but I bought ce5's with it, and anytime I start getting a burnt taste I give a clean and burn and it seems to do the trick.

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Instead of the vivi tank, i think you'd be better off with a vivi nova. Vivi Nova V3 & Replacement Parts Long Wicked Standard. Probably with a spare LR head or two. The vivi tank is made for you to rebuild the wick and coil yourself, that nova you just replace the heads, which might be simpler for you

The dual coil would probably be a bad choice. I don't think you'll get the power you need to heat up both coils for a nice vape. If you want to try regular cartos, i think just some LR boges, or kangers would be your best bet. Boge Cartomizer 5 Pack LR or SR Black or Stainless or 510 Thread Kanger Horizontal Cartomizer 5 pack Black or Stainless

Since you don't like ugly ecigs, you might want to get these to hide your ego threads. Shorty Tank Cone(eGo thread covers) #1 would be good for mini nova, and slim tanks. #2 for big vivi nova, regular carto tanks, and probably the vivi tank if you get it.

There is a lot of other stuff worth trying too though, stardusts, kanger clearomizers, etc..

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Instead of the vivi tank, i think you'd be better off with a vivi nova. Vivi Nova V3 & Replacement Parts Long Wicked Standard. Probably with a spare LR head or two. The vivi tank is made for you to rebuild the wick and coil yourself, that nova you just replace the heads, which might be simpler for you

The dual coil would probably be a bad choice. I don't think you'll get the power you need to heat up both coils for a nice vape. If you want to try regular cartos, i think just some LR boges, or kangers would be your best bet. Boge Cartomizer 5 Pack LR or SR Black or Stainless or 510 Thread Kanger Horizontal Cartomizer 5 pack Black or Stainless

Since you don't like ugly ecigs, you might want to get these to hide your ego threads. Shorty Tank Cone(eGo thread covers) #1 would be good for mini nova, and slim tanks. #2 for big vivi nova, regular carto tanks, and probably the vivi tank if you get it.

There is a lot of other stuff worth trying too though, stardusts, kanger clearomizers, etc..

I am actually using the Vivi Nova V3 right now.
I have no idea how to re-build it and I'm somewhat afraid to break something. lol I actually have the thread cover too! :)
But thanks for the rec.

How does the carto work? It seems costly to be a one time use thing? from what I've read it's a disposable so I use it and throw it out?? or can I re-use it a few times?

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
I don't know how i missed that in your post, for some reason i read that you were getting dry hits from T atty's. Sorry

For cartos, basically you drip into it until the filler material is saturated. You can refill refill them bunch of times. The taste and vapor fall off when they need more liquid, you have to be careful not to burn them though. Depending on the liquid, it can last a day to a week. When they eventually get gunked up, the flavor gets funky. You will also notice that they wont take as much liquid, and the draw might tighten up.

You might want to look at carto tanks also. Again, i think low res, single coil would probably be best, so the boge tank or the smoketech stubby.

t2 T2 Kanger Changeable Coil coil 5 Lots of people like these.

I think you might've got a bad head on your viva, which makes me think you should get a head at least to try again, but people like different stuff. Those firebirds might be good for you.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
You're just using a standard EGO-t battery and not the twist ? Are you charging the wicks (tilting, twirling), cleaning them regularly, using a thicker juice ? Have you tried a different replacement heads ?

Most people have fairly good luck with the vivi nova, I don't get that many dry hits, but I do when the wicks get clogged up by a thicker juice, needed to be cleaned or eventually need to be replaced.

I like the T2, though the build quality is a bit lower and instead of getting wicking problems, I have the odd problem with gurgling or a bit of leaking through the air hole.

MrLyle

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Canada
I also recommend the kanger T2. They are a no fuss set up that work great

Actually, I'd get the T3 instead. The coil is now at the bottom so you don't have to tip it when the juice gets low. According to reviews it eliminates wicking issues and dry hits, as well as solve the burnt taste issues. At least until the gunk builds up and it's time to clean. Apparently it also gives better flavor.

From all accounts so far, it's an overall better product than the T2.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
I'm using the Ego C Twist, sorry.
And yeah I do all of that, just sometimes I seem to get a dry hit and I'm just like eughhhh nasty haha

You're just using a standard EGO-t battery and not the twist ? Are you charging the wicks (tilting, twirling), cleaning them regularly, using a thicker juice ? Have you tried a different replacement heads ?

Most people have fairly good luck with the vivi nova, I don't get that many dry hits, but I do when the wicks get clogged up by a thicker juice, needed to be cleaned or eventually need to be replaced.

I like the T2, though the build quality is a bit lower and instead of getting wicking problems, I have the odd problem with gurgling or a bit of leaking through the air hole.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Yeah it actually came with a 1.8 and a 2.5 ohm head(pretty sure) and I just figured out how to clean it properly and swap them out. I switched to the 2.5 and It's been a bit better. The wick on it is also very different, much 'flouffy-er' than the one on the 1.5 ohm.

I have looked in to that stubby and am checking out a local shop today and they carry some so I'll look in to that.
The only thing is I'm used to my clearo and being able to use it for such a long period of time, spending more money on buying carto's seems like a pain :p

I don't know how i missed that in your post, for some reason i read that you were getting dry hits from T atty's. Sorry

For cartos, basically you drip into it until the filler material is saturated. You can refill refill them bunch of times. The taste and vapor fall off when they need more liquid, you have to be careful not to burn them though. Depending on the liquid, it can last a day to a week. When they eventually get gunked up, the flavor gets funky. You will also notice that they wont take as much liquid, and the draw might tighten up.

You might want to look at carto tanks also. Again, i think low res, single coil would probably be best, so the boge tank or the smoketech stubby.

t2 T2 Kanger Changeable Coil coil 5 Lots of people like these.

I think you might've got a bad head on your viva, which makes me think you should get a head at least to try again, but people like different stuff. Those firebirds might be good for you.

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
Cartos in a carto tank set up like the stubby last for a pretty long time. Dollar for dollar replacing the cartos is marginally cheaper than replacing Vivi Nova heads, so I think it comes down to personal preference. I'm not so in love with my Vivi Nova, in addition to the dry hits I find I have to clean it more often (without changing juice) than a carto tank, and I'm lazy lazy lazy. Downsides to carto tanks is that there's no point (for me) in trying to change juice using the same carto, whereas that's much easier with a Vivi Nova.

Also, and this is just my experience and I could be imagining things, but when my Vivi gets low, my already-thick VG juice turned downright sludgy. I think I probably dump about 1mL every few tanks because it's too gross. (Of course, I probably lost about the same amount with carto tanks before I bought the refiller tool.

I had bad luck with the Firebird. I don't like 'em. I passed on the vivi tanks because this review but Pbusardo made it look toooooo fiddley and irritating (and I don't like that you can't use your own driptip).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread