The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking to get into Dripping - what do you suggest ???

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by SAX, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SAX

SAX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Waiting to give dripping atomizers. For the sake of saving a ton of cash what do you suggest I try???

I really wish I went to the just began with my kayfun instead of my massive journey through GG products.

Please give me your opinions

2. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    I hear the Igo L is an awesome dripping atomizer.

3. vaperature

vaperature Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    I think it would be practical to have a dripper to test DIYs with, so I too am interested in a good but cheap product.

4. DrillRX

DrillRX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    California, USA
    The chimbus (nimbus clone) can be had for $10 to $15. It is a really good atty with enough room for duals and quads. I use it more than my $100+ atty's.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bosun

bosun Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use an IGO L. Single micro coil, using cotton. Good sized deck to work with and a fair sized drip edge. Only problem is that the posts aren't drilled, though not a show stopper. Well under twenty bucks too!

6. Mitey F

Mitey F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

IGO-L is a perfect first dripper, IGO-W is also up there. Plus, you won't outgrow them, your builds will just get better and better.

7. Exile

Exile Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    Dallas,Tx
  8. vaperature

vaperature Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    So with a dripping atomizer you always have to build your own coils? am I getting that part right?

9. Exile

Exile Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    Dallas,Tx
    Yes though a lot of rebuildable atomizers will usually come with 1 or 2 "pre-made" coils/wicks, though they are usually junk.

Making your own coils/wicks isnt really all that hard, and though it might be a little intimidating at first, once you get the hang of it youll be blowing tasty vapor clouds with the best of them! lol

10. cghildreth

cghildreth Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Central Texas
    Igo-L or Igo-W. From a vaping experience perspective, it really doesn't get any better than these two. Just prettier and in some cases slightly easier to setup. Chimbus and the IGO-W are pretty much the same atomizer, just a slightly different top cap. I do vastly prefer to have holes drilled in the posts for purposes of trapping the wires (as opposed to under the screw head at the top of the post), but both styles can be made to work just fine.

11. VaPreis

VaPreis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    Another vote for the Igo-L or Igo-W. I love them both, giving the slight edge to the Igo-L, which for me, seems to produce better flavor.

12. Papadragon

Papadragon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2013
    Omaha Nebraska
    ok if you have a gg !! Do you realy what to put a 10$ dripper on top ??? Sont be that guy look at the Origen dripper , omega , real nimbes ,patriat ,fatty v3

13. Papadragon

Papadragon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2013
    Omaha Nebraska
    ok if you have a gg !! Do you realy what to put a 10$ dripper on top ??? Don't be that guy look at the Origen dripper , omega , real nimbes ,patriat ,fatty v3

14. Zbeast08

Zbeast08 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 18, 2013
    Wilson, NC, USA
    For testing juices, I use the joyetech attys from digiciggz. You can catch them on sale occasionally and very inexpensive to try and sample juices, just blow out old juice from the battery connecting end, actually blow on that end and place a napkin on the driptip end to catch the juice, drop 3-4 drops directly on the coil and after a couple pulls, the old flavor is gone unless it is a menthol or strong coffee flavor. I usually have 5 or 6 on hand for the different types of juices and use with that category. Another note, blow hard to remove as much of the old juice as possible!!

15. DrillRX

Apr 17, 2013
    California, USA

Nonsense! The chimbus is a better build than the original. Machining is more accurate and the top won't fall off in your pocket. The Patriot is a really GREAT!! atty but I believe he said he doesn't want to spend alot just to experiment. Most clones, especially those of drip atty's are pretty good, they have such a simple design there's not much to screw up.

16. ta2dave76

ta2dave76 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Igo-L or W. I use the L, and really dig it. That being said, I may pick up a Nimbus clone tommorrow because my Trident is greatly upsetting me...

17. Rmcgloth

Rmcgloth Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Sandy,or
    I will throw one more it there, I really like my squids (mini rda smoktech) with micros and cotton. The stock setup with a ton of silica is just messy and gross. For less than 10$ you can mess with them all you want ( duals, big air holes, etc) . The small chamber gives great flavor, IMHO , but they might look a little wimpy on a gg. Mine are on k clones and I vape it at home like I just don't care.

18. DrillRX

Apr 17, 2013
    California, USA
    I kind of stayed away from the igo brand, only because they looked a little generic. I know the igo W4 is coming out and has a little bit of flare to it. I might pick one of those up just for grins, it looks a little better.

19. cassandraschild

cassandraschild Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2013
    Springfield VA
    I'll up the Igo-L also, but I also love my 306 for a hassle free taster for DIY.

20. dmska

dmska Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    As far as cheap, starter rda's go the igo-l is great. I think the igo-s is even better, but it doesn't look right on just anything due to its size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.