Looking to retrofit DNA go chip from the Orion into a custom pod mod. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladdin92

Aug 5, 2019
So I love my orion, but hate the pods and thus have been using the caliburn as my daily for over a month. I started the process on making a custom adapter 'pod' that you can stick the caliburn pod into. However, it's going to take time and lots of 3d prints. It wouldn't be hard, it's just that I've had a better idea! Totally new setup. My questions though are:

• Can I desolder the button and led light to relocate them?? If so is there a way to combine the two?? I'd like the smd to illuminate the button.
  • If I can relocate the two, is there any fear of throwing off the chip and causing issues assuming I've soldered everything correctly?? What gauge wire should I use?! I'm going with 22g left over from a led project.
  • If I can relocate the SMD how difficult would it be to replace it with a larger/brighter one. The smd used changes colors depending on the settings and you can set custom colors via the escribe software on PC.
  • In regards to the microUSB charging port. Can I relocate that with wire as well?
  • Can I replace the lipo battery with something larger/different dimensions assuming the voltage is the same??

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Aladdin92, it's something that's not easy to find out and answer. But I like the idea.

There's no Technical Documents on the Evolv website relating to the dna Go chipset, and there doesn't really seem to be a mod making community using them.

But I wish you well in your endeavour, good luck.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
upload_2019-8-23_17-41-15.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread