Looking to upgrade from a Pico 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCP1991

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2017
Hello, All

I've been really pleased with the Pico 25 for my daily uses, I love the small compact size. I'm a TC vaper that doesn't push the wattage too hard (450*/60 watt ramp up) and I find the single 18650 platform will last me through the full work day.

My only issue with the Pico is that the chip isn't particularly consistent. It's constantly reading my builds 0.05 ohms too low and as a TC vaper, I find the consistency of my vape quality rather spotty. This has led me to consider an upgrade, I know there are much more accurate and consistent chips on the market, especially for TC.

I was hoping some of you might be able to suggest some mods that are around the same size as the Pico but offer a better chipset. I don't mind paying more for a better product, but I would like the size to be around the same. Additionally, it needs to be able to hold a 25mm atty without overhang.

I appreciate your help.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Could check out some of the DNA 75 mods, with a single battery. I can't remember which chip maker will be offering an update to their DNA75 mods, but I would probably ask for specific suggestions in the TC thread, (unless you are in it already). But, that update, it sounds like, is going to be handy.

Best of luck, I think you will be able to find something to fit your needs. Using a DNA chip is going to give you the most accuracy with TC, and vaping, generally.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hello, All

I've been really pleased with the Pico 25 for my daily uses, I love the small compact size. I'm a TC vaper that doesn't push the wattage too hard (450*/60 watt ramp up) and I find the single 18650 platform will last me through the full work day.

My only issue with the Pico is that the chip isn't particularly consistent. It's constantly reading my builds 0.05 ohms too low and as a TC vaper, I find the consistency of my vape quality rather spotty. This has led me to consider an upgrade, I know there are much more accurate and consistent chips on the market, especially for TC.

I was hoping some of you might be able to suggest some mods that are around the same size as the Pico but offer a better chipset. I don't mind paying more for a better product, but I would like the size to be around the same. Additionally, it needs to be able to hold a 25mm atty without overhang.

I appreciate your help.
in theory. its right on the very edge. Not something i personally would do. Theres always a bit of wobble in measurements. I suspect battery life will be very very short.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You mean you wouldn't upgrade from the Pico? Or you wouldn't use the Pico?
You could do either without problems. Most people wind up with more than one device because backups are good. You might get a lot more time between battery swaps with a two battery mod. It would give you more than twice the battery life.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You are better off investing in a DNA 75W. Much better TC in ss.

The only other mods I have that TC on SS as well is the Homhtech Slice. No longer made but still out there cheap. Uses 26650 batteries though
I myself am waiting for the end of Chinese New Year to see about this “replay” feature that is supposed to improve and simplify TC and will in theory be available on the dna75C

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

The Eleaf Invoke might be something you'd like. It's dual 18650 in a package about the same size as the Pico 75W. It fits in the hand like the Pico and vapes like the Pico, but with more features and longer battery life. TC mode works well. VaporDNA has the lowest price I've found. $44.99 for mod only. It fits 22mm and 24mm attys without hangover and has an OLED display.

VaporDNA E-Cigarette

Original-Eleaf-Invoke-with-ELLO-T-Kit-220W-Invoke-Box-MOD-with-2ml-4ml-ELLO-T.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread