Looks like a Provari for me wasnt ment to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Looks like a Provari for me wasnt ment to be... I was about to pull the trigger on one Monday night had it in the cart all ready to go then I heard a crash coming from another room in my house.

It was my 14 yr old dog Marley and he had fallen attempting to jump on the couch. He was limping and looked out of it... I called the vet and they said they could see him Wed.

Went to the Vet Wed and was told he had snapped his ACL and is too old for them to recommend surgery. Plus he has a bit of vertigo (didnt know dogs got that). The Vet bill was 250+ and that was the cash I would have spent on the Provari... :(

Bummed that Im not getting my Provari but happy my dog is feeling a bit better with the meds he got from the vet...

Almost was a Provari owner... guess its time to start saving again.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Awww.
Well, family comes first.
Hope you get a windfall, so you can upgrade your vape soon!

422301_358334760907239_300448681_n.jpg

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Not that the dog accident was a fortunate event but the timing was excellent, just think of how you would have felt if you ordered the Provari just before the accident and had to struggle coming up with the vet money. Guilt would have set in for sure, and maybe even Provari hatred.

Animals are unpredictable for sure, I was always on edge we would get a huge vet bill from my wifes 3 horses. Glad their gone, Dr's orders for her. Just when I thought the animals were diminishing she placed a deposit and reserved a micro pig. Oh well an $850 pig give me more leverage (another Provari and then some HAHA)

Anyways good things come to those who wait, believe it or not, the dreaming of owning one is half the fun,......well not really, I am FOS LOL. Anyways glad the dog is doing better. You should really consider the classifieds, can get much better deal most of the time, Provari and accessories like caps etc... for the price of just the Provari on Provape. Plus you'll most likely get it sooner. I would have went that route but was lacking posts and wasn't verified for the classifieds at the time.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Hope your puppy heals up soon!

Our puppy Teddy got sick a few years back. We walked in the room one morning and he couldn't even lift up his head. We rushed him to the vet and it turned out he had parvo. The vet bill was going to bill was going to be almost $2000 to save him. It was the beginning of December and my children immediately made the choice to have their puppy home and healthy for Christmas instead of any toys or gifts. We sacrifice so much for our furry family members but they are so worth it!!

Having to wait for your ProVari will just make you appreciate it that much more when you finally get it!!

Let Marley know that we send our love!
Good luck!!!!

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Marley says THANKS!!!! :thumbs:

I would do anything for that guy... I found him on the side of the road when he was 6-8 weeks old in the rain.

That dog has led me to a better life... I am forever grateful he is in my life.

You did the right thing. Our children, whether furry or not, are the most important thing in our lives and if that means putting off a purchase for ourselves to help them then that is what we do. Glad to hear Marley is doing well and good on you for taking him in during his time of need, and apparently yours as well.

I thought I was going to lose my baby recently but found out she just couldn't eat hard food anymore. She is 14 years old and I was sure the end was coming. It was a very sad 2 days around my house until we figured out the problem. Now she is back to her old self. :D

You ProVari will come to you when the time is right.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Marley says THANKS!!!! :thumbs:

I would do anything for that guy... I found him on the side of the road when he was 6-8 weeks old in the rain.

That dog has led me to a better life... I am forever grateful he is in my life.

:wub::wub::wub: You are his 'Angel' for sure--and they give back so much more than we expect. Marley sure is a cutie and he has a very kissable nose :)!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
After reading the OP and seeing the username, I busted up. Poor Marley, lol. Our current dog is definitely 5150. Our last dog, the love of my life, nearly severed his ACL through no fault of his own, had expensive surgery, an extensive recovery and a long, happy, healthy life. Ever tried carrying a skinny 110 pound dog up a flight of stairs when you 100 pounds? Current dog? At one point I thought we might actually become homeless paying for Mr. 5150’s mishaps, all suffered doing things he knew he wasn’t supposed to do. Ate rocks ($1,500 surgery) and six weeks on tranquilizers; made like a gazelle off the porch (sort of) and landed on rebar shattering his foot (another $1,500) and yet another six weeks on tranquilizers; and the list goes on. This was before he was even two. Murphy’s Law in action he is. We call him Princess. Wishing Marley a speedy recovery and a free, gold plated ProVari for you. You certainly deserve it. :toast:

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
After reading the OP and seeing the username, I busted up. Poor Marley, lol. Our current dog is definitely 5150. Our last dog, the love of my life, nearly severed his ACL through no fault of his own, had expensive surgery, an extensive recovery and a long, happy, healthy life. Ever tried carrying a skinny 110 pound dog up a flight of stairs when you 100 pounds? Current dog? At one point I thought we might actually become homeless paying for Mr. 5150’s mishaps, all suffered doing things he knew he wasn’t supposed to do. Ate rocks ($1,500 surgery) and six weeks on tranquilizers; made like a gazelle off the porch (sort of) and landed on rebar shattering his foot (another $1,500) and yet another six weeks on tranquilizers; and the list goes on. This was before he was even two. Murphy’s Law in action he is. We call him Princess. Wishing Marley a speedy recovery and a free, gold plated ProVari for you. You certainly deserve it. :toast:

I can relate to your adventures.. FlamingoTutu.

Marley had had a few adventures in his life that cost me some $$...

The first one was when he was a puppy maybe 6-7 months old.. He managed to jump onto the toilet seat and into the bathroom sink then proceed to open the medicine cabinet and get a hold of a "Cold-EEZE" package and ate on of them. I can home and he was covered in a rash and hives.

The second one was when he bolted away after a bath and got his paw messed up and almost got hit by a car... the pad on his paw looked like a layer got sliced off.

The third one was when he decided he wanted to remodel my apartment closet and make it bigger... he chewed the wall almost thru to the next apartment and also chewed the wood molding on the closet door... that cost me my security deposit for that apt.

Those are the top three things he did... but all in all hes good that was mostly when he was a pup.

Im hoping I get approved for the damn classifieds soon maybe I will find a nice used one there... not feeling the gold plated one.

I see myself as more of a Polished Stainless Steel or a Satin Black Provari owner... dont remember which one I had in the cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread