looks like the party's ending for BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
What got me to start was an ego, I didn't really care for the cig-a-like, though I have to admit I don't think I would've tried the Ego if I didn't try the cig-a-like :). I would say their in for a surprise, maybe the tobbaco retailers selling cig-a-likes has bottomed up but the vape shops are still growing if I'm not mistaken

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
If the cig-a-like industry does tank I wonder what the war on vaping will then look like? There will be no BT boogeyman. I don't know if this will be good or bad for us.

There are enough boogeymen to go around. Government, Big Pharma, nazis...

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
There are enough boogeymen to go around. Government, Big Pharma, nazis...

I meant boogeymen for the ANTZ to battle. BT was their go to boogeyman. If cigalikes go the way of the dodo ANTZ will be left with just us...which is interesting.

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
the e-cigalike market seems to have bottomed out.
The e-cigarette frenzy is over - Yahoo Finance
the article said:
In their most recent survey of tobacco retailers and wholesalers, analysts ... found that excitement around the [e-]cigarette ... has dropped significantly.
I remember being a smoker. I remember looking at fake cigarettes with contempt. I thought, "Either you want to smoke or you don't. Why fake smoke?" Smokers don't want fake cigarettes.

Also, in my experience, smoke shops try to sell vape stuff for outrageous prices. The last time I visited a smoke shop, they had ego spinner batteries for $40 and CE4's for $15. Not only is that price shocking, but that equipment is trash.

Doesn't surprise me at all that tobacco shops aren't selling a lot of fake cigarettes. I think there is a bit of a non-sequitor here to link slow e-cig sales at smoke shops to the end of the e-cig frenzy.

Logic fail.

Hanzo 7/23/2015 2:15 PM

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I don't see this as doing us any good. As penny said, that leaves just us, and they will still be all over us.

This all has me thinking...BT's products have always been inferior and this article Skoony shared shows that to be true. BT isn't going to just roll over and give up though, they see the writing on the wall. Maybe, just maybe, they will go the way of the open tank systems and that could be nothing but good for us. They'll see that their attempt to beat us is failing and they'll have to join us.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I meant boogeymen for the ANTZ to battle. BT was their go to boogeyman. If cigalikes go the way of the dodo ANTZ will be left with just us...which is interesting.

What, no, the activists need bogeymen, else they turn on each other...
Vaping has simply peaked and is now settling down. Look at the new posts on here. They aren't so much about a smoker looking to quit but about how to blow clouds for cheap...

Reactions: EBates

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I would say their in for a surprise, maybe the tobbaco retailers selling cig-a-likes has bottomed up but the vape shops are still growing if I'm not mistaken
I don't have any problem believing that the cig-a-like market is stalling.
But yes, the vape shops don't show any signs of slowing down.

I guess it takes a vaper to understand what all that means.
And I'm sure most of us do.
Poor ANTZ will see this and think vaping as a whole is bottoming out because some of them think all vaping comes from Big Tobacco. They're gonna throw a party.
I know, right?
If the cig-a-like industry does tank I wonder what the war on vaping will then look like? There will be no BT boogeyman. I don't know if this will be good or bad for us.
It is definitely something worth trying to wrap your mind around.
I think they'll shift over to showing cloud blowers and calling us crazy drug addicts.
BT isn't going to just roll over and give up though, they see the writing on the wall. Maybe, just maybe, they will go the way of the open tank systems and that could be nothing but good for us. They'll see that their attempt to beat us is failing and they'll have to join us.
I've never been one that believed Big Tobacco wanted vaping to survive.
So my comments would be tainted by that belief.

NJoy is not Big Tobacco.
And they are following the market.

Big Tobacco, not so much.
At least yet.

We shall see.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
What, no, the activists need bogeymen, else they turn on each other...
Vaping has simply peaked and is now settling down. Look at the new posts on here. They aren't so much about a smoker looking to quit but about how to blow clouds for cheap...

Aren't those figures in the article the sales figures for BT cigalikes? I've been under the impression that sales figures for both online and B&M's weren't being tracked quite yet, not possible to track is what I assumed. Those figures for cigalikes is what I'm basing my opinions on. If I'm correct then vaping isn't peaking, cigalikes have peaked. I never really believed the sales figures for cigalike sales anyway, I think it was claimed the estimates for cigalike sales were falsely bloated by free samples and coupons that were passed out like mad from BT. In any case, I could be dead wrong. BT just may end up taking us down without so much as a blink and wipe out vaping because they can.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Aren't those figures in the article the sales figures for BT cigalikes? I've been under the impression that sales figures for both online and B&M's weren't being tracked quite yet, not possible to track is what I assumed. Those figures for cigalikes is what I'm basing my opinions on. If I'm correct then vaping isn't peaking, cigalikes have peaked. I never really believed the sales figures for cigalike sales anyway, I think it was claimed the estimates for cigalike sales were falsely bloated by free samples and coupons that were passed out like mad from BT. In any case, I could be dead wrong. BT just my end up taking us down without so much as a blink and wipe out vaping because they can.

Cigalikes are how the vast majority of smokers try vaping for the first time...
BT just raises prices as cigarette sales slow. There are enough who will sacrifice food and their families to keep smoking and BT knows it...

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread