Looks like the ProVari may have a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
hmmm... interesante!
I was concerned about amperage but it's got that. Also, not really sure how PWM will affect the battery life but I'd sure like to find out. One thing I REALLY HATE though is the stupid freaking name. It sounds like Mario and Luigi's antagonist Wario's brother, IT'S A ME...VARIO!!!

What's PWM? Pulse Width Modulation is the power source turning on and off really fast so it doesn't affect the load but also saves battery power. It should help keep the battery alive significantly longer.

Last edited:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
This design looks really great to me! It is indeed different with the chrome and painted finish. To me...this looks better then anything I've seen from Asia. There are only so many ways one can modify a VV battery mod, so slight changes are appreciated. To me this looks like a next generation Provari and that's a compliment. I also like the name and logo of the Vario very much!

Vaporbeast is an AWSOME vendor so I do wish them luck with this device. :)

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
VU - Voltage UP
VD - Voltage Down
SO - Standby on/off
CB – Check battery
DR - Display Resistance
LO - Led light on/off

Elegant single button design.
Large clear digital display.
Utilizes pulse width modulation.
3.0 amp limit.
Uses a single battery

THat's not a Provari competitor, that's a Provari ripoff, in an albeit uglier body. I do find the redesigned vent hole placement interesting however...

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Let's face it guys, modifications in e-cigs are evolutionary, and small changes if only in appearance are always appreciated. Look at automobiles today, they all look similar... but the new models/updates keep us excited and coming back for more. I say cheers to all vendors that introduce somthing new! Remember, most of these vendors are small businesses that support our passion for vapping so encouraging new design and product introductions will only benefit our community in the long run. :)

Do we REALLY need yet another VV tube mod?
Why?

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I think for half the price you could get two of them for the price of one provari, considering it comes with the battery and the charger for 100 bucks. The Provari nickel and dimes you on the way out the door. Oh yeah, you'll need batteries, a charger, would you like a cartomizer with that? EXTRA!

The only thing that scares me is that big open ring around the connection, is that a hole to nowhere? What is it?
Also, didn't we all learn that certain things can't fit on a provari like a Stardust without an adapter? If this was an all new innovative design you think they would address that huge concern, at LEAST by giving you a free matching adapter.

I might get one once the reviews come out and I totally want to put it in a lightsaber handle so when I get bored I can just SHHHHHHHIZZZZZ WONN WWEEENN WANNNN TZZZZZ.... Sup? The vaper is strong with this one.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Good points, but it is my understanding the open ring around the connection makes it so a Stardust is allowed without an adapter, kind of innovative from my perspective. Also the vent holes on the cap are an interesting design concept as is the updated look of the device. The good news is VaporBeast will likely read this thread and make some changes so people understand some of the more important features.
I think for half the price you could get two of them for the price of one provari, considering it comes with the battery and the charger for 100 bucks. The Provari nickel and dimes you on the way out the door. Oh yeah, you'll need batteries, a charger, would you like a cartomizer with that? EXTRA!

The only thing that scares me is that big open ring around the connection, is that a hole to nowhere? What is it?
Also, didn't we all learn that certain things can't fit on a provari like a Stardust without an adapter? If this was an all new innovative design you think they would address that huge concern, at LEAST by giving you a free matching adapter.

I might get one once the reviews come out and I totally want to put it in a lightsaber handle so when I get bored I can just SHHHHHHHIZZZZZ WONN WWEEENN WANNNN TZZZZZ.... Sup? The vaper is strong with this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread