Looming regulations - stock up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I'm not so sure - I mean, we can stock up and spend a lot of money on equipment and juice. But eventually batteries go bad and juice expires. So at some point we are all going to have to face whatever happens. I'm not stocking up on anything. I'm just going to go on about my business and deal with whatever happens head on. What does everyone else think?

Reactions: m1ke

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not so sure - I mean, we can stock up and spend a lot of money on equipment and juice. But eventually batteries go bad and juice expires. So at some point we are all going to have to face whatever happens. I'm not stocking up on anything. I'm just going to go on about my business and deal with whatever happens head on. What does everyone else think?

I'm comfortable with rebuildable atomizers and making my own juices. The only things I'm going to stock up on past what I have now is nic base to last me a decade in the freezer and a few atties that I like.

Batteries, wire and wicking materials will always be easily available. I'm thinking PG and VG will also. The flavorings I use are available through non-ecig suppliers. Mods are just power supplies and with a bit of ingenuity can always be built though they might not be as convenient as what we have today.

I'll continue to support vaping anytime I can as I always have, but I'll also be prepared to last a while if things go really bad.

Last edited:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Old saying : Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

So a two-pronged approach would be most sensible IMO.

Bug the living daylights out of your local reps. If they balk, you might be tempted asking them where the MSA payments went. May not come as a surprise to you, but these sizeable payments from BT find their way into all sorts of budgets. Only a miniscule part of it goes actually towards the originally intended purpose. Oddly enough, nobody has been raising much of a stink about that.

Support vaping organisations. The FDA ruling isn't gonna go away by itself. It'll boil down to a lot of court sessions with lots of lawyers on both sides. Costly. So to hire legal experts for the upcomingcourtroom battles, they'll need funding.

There's many posts with banners under them ' xxxx analogs avoided, yyyyy buckaroos saved' . Wouldn't hurt donating some of these savings. BT, BG took your money AND your health. CASAA lets you keep your health, but sure won't mind a few bucks from you :) First step has been done already. CASAA teamed up with the other pro-vaping organisations. Bundling resources. United, we stand ( a chance ), divided, we fall ( for sure ).

Same goes for businesses. Sure, for some it's just a line of business. They're not going to spend a dime on fighting this. They'll just begin working on their exit strategy now, continue selling mods and liquids till the vey last minute, then shutter the doors and move on. And there's the businesses that are in it for keeps. More likely that they chip in. The numbers floated about the costs of the application process alone for a single item/liquid/etc. are mind-blowing. And we're talkin application. No guarantee whatsoever that the FDA is gonna approve it and is seems they have a 'strictly no refund' policy... Wouldn't hurt for vendors to set aside some funds. Less risky financially fighting this before it smacks you off the market.

Yeah, yeah, one timid voice in the din. But : a million timid voices add up to a roar.

That's one side.

The other: Yes, do stock up. Don't mortgage your house, but do stock up some. Two years, an order at a time can set you up for a worst-case-scenario. Plenty of threads and posts to be found here about long-term storage of things vaping.
Cuz we do not know what's it gonna be like two years from now. Optimum - the FDA ruling gets sunk. Worst case - FDA has their way. Or somewhere in the middle.
But for sure whatever the FDA lets you have, it will get taxed.

Tobacco cigarettes are a very unhealthy consumer product. They are also a very fat cash cow. And the CNN rag about so many toddlers getting it bad from e-juice is going to be just the continuation of the orchestrated smear campaign to paint the FDA as the knight in shining armor to the uninformed public.

You see, they hated us for smoking. Leaned on us to stop smoking. Now we did. And they lean on us even more.

Faint parallels to some events from some very very dark times, Maybe I should wear this :

Vapingstar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread