Status
Not open for further replies.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Has anyone tried the Lorann beverage and icecream flavors to vape. I noticed on the e-cig express site that they are $2.99 for 1.7 oz. I asked them and they said that the ingredients are just about the same as their other Lorann flavors. No sugar added. I was told they got a really good price on them so that's why they're so cheap. No one there had tried to vape it and didn't know what the strength was. They have a cake batter & butter pecan that looked interesting. She said they pretty much sell only to vapers so someone out there must have tried it.:smokie:

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
contains custard and other unwanted ingredients which are unwanted in vaping juices.

They are cheep as hell for flavourings however unwanted at least by me i dont know about you haha. D:

even ecigexpress says you shouldnt use this stuff in vaping diy

Curious as to where you got your info. I went on the Lorann site and here is what they have listed for the "Butter Pecan - Flavor Fountain"
Kosher Certified. Contains: Glycerin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Caramel Color, Xanthan Gum. Soluble in water.

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
Xanthan gum is a polysaccharide, derived from the bacterial coat of Xanthomonas campestris, used as a food additive and rheology modifier,[2] commonly used as a food thickening agent (in salad dressings, for example) and a stabilizer (in cosmetic products, for example, to prevent ingredients from separating). It is produced by fermentation of glucose, sucrose, or lactose by the Xanthomonas campestris bacterium. After a fermentation period, the polysaccharide is precipitated from a growth medium with isopropyl alcohol, dried, and ground into a fine powder. Later, it is added to a liquid medium to form the gum.[3]

Xanthan gum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thats one reason

The International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS) has concluded that commercially-produced caramel color has the same toxicological properties as caramel produced by cooking or heating sucrose, except for those prepared using ammonium (Class III and IV). Despite some claims that caramel is toxic or carcinogenic, or leads to intestinal problems,[5] the IPCS has found no evidence of carcinogenicity or mutagenicity in its extensive studies.

Caramel color has excellent microbiological stability. Since it is manufactured under very high temperature, high acidity, high pressure, and high specific gravity, it is essentially sterile as it will not support microbial growth unless in a dilute solution.

When reacted with sulfites, caramel color may retain traces of sulfite after processing. However, in finished food products, labeling is usually only required for sulfite levels above 10 ppm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramel_color Thats the second reason. Those are reasons enough for me. However the natural flavorings also contains custard biproducts and other unwanted ingredients.

The ones that got me the most concerned would diffenetly be

Cake Batter - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0917-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Water, Glycerin, Santhan Gum, Citric Acid, Titianium Dioxide. Soluble in water.

Bubble Gum - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0910-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Glycerin, Water, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 40, Blue 1, Xanthan Gum. Soluble in water.

Chocolate Fudge/Fudge Brownie - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0925-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Glycerin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Caramel Color, Red 40. Soluble in water.

French Vanilla - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0933-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Water, Glycerin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Caramel Color, Yellow 5, Yellow 6. Soluble in water.

Mango - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0935-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Glycerin, Water, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Xanthan Gum. Soluble in water.

Mocha - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0945-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Glycerin, Coffee Extractives, Caramel Color, Water, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 40. Soluble in water. Contains trace amounts of caffeine.

Orange Cream - Flavor Fountain
Product Number:0950-0500
Kosher Certified. Contains: Glycerin, Water, Natural Orange Oil, Artificial Flavoring, Yellow 6, Xantahn Gum. Soluble in water.

personnaly thats just me i'm not saying these are bad for you or not just saying that these do have more stuff in them than our normal flavourings and should be used carefully with knowledge that their is more risk in these juices than our average juices which may have some risks but not as much as these because as far as we know our normal juices do not contain any Gum additives and has no food dyes / colorings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread