Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
Greetings everyone!

Ann and I went to pick up a few things today. Hobby Lobby was one of our stops and while there we found some LA flavor extracts in the candy making aisle. We know people use these extracts to make ejuice so we picked up some butter rum.

After searching a bit, we could not find any info on what percentage to use. Any suggestions? I know start low and work our way up but I was hoping that maybe someone who has used this LA flavor might be able to help. Thanks in advance for your advice!

KA

srcowell

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Kansas City, KS
Most flavorings are fine at about 3%, then adjust to taste, higher or lower. 3% is roughly equivalent to one drop of flavoring per each milliliter of unflavored juice. So if mixing a 10ml bottle, put in ten drops of flavoring, then fill it with unflavored blend of PG/VG/nicotine. That is exactly the amount I use to mix the LorAnn butter rum juice and other LorAnn flavorings I make.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
srcowell is pretty much "spot on". And "taste" is subjective depending on your taste buds.
Check out the threads in "DIY E Liquid". There's quite a few that are specific to certain companies, I saw several with LorAnn's in the topic.
I've been doing a crash course the last few days on DIY, and from what I'm gathering, specific manufacturers tend to make their concentrates higher or lower in strength, so while one may have a mid range of 3%, another will have a 7% mid range. Some I found were way up there, not just by one individual using that particular concentrate, but by several.
I'm ready to jump into this DIY and am trying to suck up this knowledge before I buy anything so I don't make too many mistakes!

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
I'm gathering, specific manufacturers tend to make their concentrates higher or lower in strength, so while one may have a mid range of 3%, another will have a 7% mid range. Some I found were way up there, not just by one individual using that particular concentrate, but by several.

Not only different brands but different percentage per flavor within the same brand.

Example I use TFA a great deal ,some as low as 3% and some as high as 30% and those are single flavor mixes.

I have seen some state Mom and Pops flavors are very concentrared and while I have not tried any their web site states that when used at 20% they make X number of bottles of X size. Why would they list yeild at 20% if that is not a common ratio?

Mt Baker uses Flavor West and ststes 15 to 40%. Some FW ones to me are strong at 4% and some are weak at 30% and yes I have the same FW flavors from MBV in 15 ml bottles and from FW in 4 oz. bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread