Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
There are some nice LorAnn candy flavours and they can be obtained for delivery to the UK cheaper than Bickford flavours so I thought a thread about them might be useful.

They can be bought from Barry Farm in the US (they are in 1 dram bottles/3.7ml for $1.59 each. Delivery to the UK costs $22.50) - LorAnn Candy Flavoring Oils or, for those in the States, direct from LorAnn - https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx

Check ingredients before you buy, they aren't all suitable. Alcohol (ethanol), propylene glycol, glycerine and flavourings are probably ok to vapourise. Oil, sugars and colourings are probably not ok. I don't know if they affect atomisers, I'm still trying them out.

I've got these flavours, the ingredients are ok:

Apple
Blackberry
Bavarian Creme
Bubble Gum
Butter
Vanilla Butternut
Pralines Creme
Pomegranate
Pistachio
Pecan
Mint Chocolate Chip
Mango
Key Lime
Cranberry
Coconut
Cheesecake
Chocolate Hazelnut

I've only tried a few so far.
Apple is not a strong taste, not worth buying.
Coconut ditto.
Bubble gum is nice and it's a strong flavour.
Cranberry ditto.
Pralines cream is to die for, totally yummy.

Some of these flavours are very concentrated and you only need a small amount in diy juice to get a strong flavour. I use about 10% of the mix volume usually.

brunette

Sep 7, 2008
England
I placed an order yesterday (yay!) and for six items postage was $10 (there was an initial "international order" rate of $17 but they stated that they would refund any underspend so I emailed them and asked and... hey presto - $7 refund!) If anyone else is thinking of ordered I would recommending adding a comment when paying by paypal requesting a refund of any shipping overpayment!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
That's a better deal for postage, maybe mine was so much because I got nineteen bottles.

I've remembered something that I should post here. When I checked for ingredients on the Barry Farm website the chocolate and grape flavours don't show any colourings in the ingredients list. When the bottles arrived and I checked the bottle labels they both had colours in so I decided not to use them. The rest of the flavours listed in my first post are ok for ingredients.

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions Brunette. I tried some ordinary food flavourings too but they weren't very strong compared to some of the LorAnn flavours.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Have your flavours arrived yet Brunette? What have you tried and what do you think of them?

How about you Janet, you got some LorAnn flavours recently too, what are your thoughts?

Have you taken the plunge yet Ruby or Dc?

I haven't tried any other flavours since my first post here but I retried the apple. I put it in some diy juice at about 20% and can taste it now, I just wasn't using enough before. I'll try the coconut again in higher quantities when I make another mix and report back.

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Kate ... Have you tried Pillbox free coconut yet? ...Does it tase like coconut because im thinking about trying it when i order from him next !!

Have your flavours arrived yet Brunette? What have you tried and what do you think of them?

How about you Janet, you got some LorAnn flavours recently too, what are your thoughts?

Have you taken the plunge yet Ruby or Dc?

I haven't tried any other flavours since my first post here but I retried the apple. I put it in some diy juice at about 20% and can taste it now, I just wasn't using enough before. I'll try the coconut again in higher quantities when I make another mix and report back.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
So far I've tried:

Raspberry - 1 part LorAnn's to 3 parts PG, not very strong, will try my next batch with more.
Strawberry - mixed 1 part LorAnn's to 1 part PG, and 1 drop of Jane's menthol. Very pleasant.
Orange Cream - 1 part LorAnn's to 2 parts Bickford's orange. Very good.
Grape - 1 part LorAnn's to 3 parts Bickford's Grape. Good, but too much food coloring in the LorAnn's.
Bavarian Cream - 1 part LorAnn's to 3 parts PG. Good, but would like stronger flavor, so next batch I'll try 1 part LorAnn's to 2 parts PG.

I use those little SweetBreath 3ml bottles and a pipette to mix up my batches. I just shake the bottle and that seems to mix them together just fine.

I'm waiting for the big Holiday shipment to arrive at Acme grocery store. Should be in any day now.

Peppermint - added a few drops to a 3ml bottle of my own menthol brew. Still trying to find the right combination of menthol and flavoring, so it tastes minty and has the kick of menthol.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Gosh, Janet, you use loads more flavour than I tend to, 25 - 50%. I've been using 10 - 20% so far. Maybe that's why I found the coconut flavouring to not be strong enough. I can taste the apple in my latest mix but it needs to be stronger really, maybe 40% would work.

I got grape but didn't use it when I noticed that it had colourings in it, I didn't want to chance it.

Let us know if you think the flavourings cause any problems with your atomisers. I have a suspicion that the darker coloured ones like pralines and cream leave more residue. I was going to try a residue test similar to the ones Knutselpeter does but I don't think there's any point, all the flavours are different. It would be necessary to test every flavour individually and that's beyond me.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Kate, I've concluded each flavor is different. Each takes different amounts. I usually start out with 20 drops in a 3ml bottle then top the bottle off with PG or a Mixture of VG & PG. Probably should be adding a bit of alcohol too, but haven't yet. I don't seem to be having any atomizer problems so far with the flavorings. Haven't even steam-cleaned for a week. I figure if one gets gunked up a bit with flavorings, the regular cleanings will help keep them going.

dovelove

Moved On
Oct 5, 2008
Hi Kate,

I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for about two months now. I'm really interested in trying the VG that you use to vape with. I believe I'm allergic to PG (had some wicked sore throats, phglem issues) and wanted to purchase the VG that you use. Could you post the link to where you buy it? I recently purchased some of Lorann's candy flavorings and wanted to know how you mixed it? I've tried reading the boards but I'm a bit slow, could you explain step by step? Thanks.

- Dovelove

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Dove, welcome to the forum.

I get my vegetable glycerine from an ebay seller, you can find it here - BP GRADE VEGETABLE GLYCERINE 200ml £3.00 FREE P&P on eBay, also, Homeopathic Herbal Remedies, Natural Alternative Therapies, Health Beauty (end time 15-Oct-08 14:18:44 BST)
I don't know where you are, that's a UK seller. If you're somewhere else you need to look for glycerine that's as pure as possible, food or pharmaceutical grade (BP or USP) should be ok. If you're in the States, some people there use NOW FOODS glycerine.

I've started mixing with 36mg strength Wicked eliquid. I put about 2ml in a 10ml bottle. I add around 2ml of LorAnn flavouring and 1ml of distilled water. Finally I add 5ml of glycerine. Shake it up and you get a 7mg nicotine strength juice. Add more Wicked to make it stronger or less for weaker.

With the flavourings some are stronger than others so just adjust the quantity to suit your taste. If you use less of anything you can use more glycerine to make up the quantity. It's a case of trial and error really and we all have different tastes and nicotine requirements. You might want to start off with smaller quantities while experimenting, you don't want a 10ml bottle of something you don't like.

Let me know if that helps and how it goes. I'm particularly interested in what you think of the LorAnn flavours, not many of us have tried them yet. Good luck.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
The Holiday supply of LorAnn's candy flavorings came in today at my local Acme grocery store's pharmacy. I spent $23.00 and they only cost $1.20 each! I'm trying Bubblegum right now, it's great! I used one squirt of flavoring to 2 squirts of PG. Pralines and Cream will be my next try. Can't wait. I'm having sooo much fun!

dovelove

Moved On
Oct 5, 2008
Hi everyone,

I was so excited yesterday because I finally received all my home-brew equipment. So to test the waters gently, I made a stronger Apple flavor liquid than I had before. :) I mixed equal parts vegetable glycerin to equal parts apple medium nicotine liquid and then added Lorann's Apple flavoring to the mixture (about half the amount of the other two) and it works wonderfully! The apple is more intense and I actually notice a stronger, sweeter sort of smell/taste. The taste itself isn't super strong but the scent is. I'm enjoying it. :) I think I may even add some menthol crystals in here. When I have a few spare atomizers I may try to make some other flavors. The flavors I purchased are:

Chocolate Hazelnut
Tropical Punch
Vanilla Butternut
Pina Colada
Peanut Butter
Pralines & Cream
Apple
Lemonade
Bavarian Creme
Caramel

I also just recently purchased Janty's French Pipe, Red Cow, RY4 and Chocolate and sadly I don't see the hype. The Red Cow/Red Bull flavor smells like Red Bull but it tastes a bit bubblegumy. It's novel at first but gets sickly really quick. The Chocolate is very very articifial and also wasn't too pleasant to vape with. French Pipe has a bitter coffeeish aftertaste to it and the RY4 wasn't all that special to me. I didn't see the hype to it at all. There just wasn't enough flavor. That's just me though! Hope this helps someone out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread