Loranns Bavarian Cream- So gross i wanted to rip my own throat out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
i had such high hopes for this flavor... i mean how can you go wrong- bavarian creme, sounds super delicious, right?!

wrong- disgusto!!

whenever i get a new lorann flavor in, i test out the pure flavoring by putting a drop or two on the atomizer and giving it a try... i can't even describe what it tasted like.

even my husband said, "whats that weird smell? (seems like you can smell the vapor more when i use loranns) and why are you making that terrible face?"

PERHAPS- it would be a good mixing flavor, but at this point i'm too traumatized to ever use it again.

<------- sad

taste is extremely subjective, so others may enjoy this flavor of course, but i felt the need to write about this because i was so shocked that such a seemingly delicious flavor would inspire thoughts of tearing out my throat just to escape the rancid taste. :-x

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
As all wise vapers know........

Taste is subjective,

what tastes like old gym sox to you will taste like honey to someone else.........

many people say camel tastes like cats p-ss
but I love it --
2 mls mixed with 12 mls basic tobacco base and 1 ml of spearmint.

each tastebud is different.........

smoke camel - the ingredients are on the packet......

Di ........

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
Had the same kind of experience with the Lorann's Strawberry. Disgusting stuff and if that was my only choice, I'd be considering using the output from the kitty box, it would seem to be a FAR better choice :-/.

LOL! oh jeez, that was one of the other flavors i got to try too! i was going to try to mix a lil strawberry with my beloved cheesecake :D don't think i'll be trying my usual "on its own" vape with the strawberry, dont want to ruin the flavor for myself. i'll give it a shot in a mix. i really want strawberry cheesecake to be yummy... lol

banana creme was good though :) it scored extra points by taking the bavarian creme taste out of the atomizer (which just would NOT leave).

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
LOL! oh jeez, that was one of the other flavors i got to try too! i was going to try to mix a lil strawberry with my beloved cheesecake :D don't think i'll be trying my usual "on its own" vape with the strawberry, dont want to ruin the flavor for myself. i'll give it a shot in a mix. i really want strawberry cheesecake to be yummy... lol

banana creme was good though :) it scored extra points by taking the bavarian creme taste out of the atomizer (which just would NOT leave).

Yes, it was VERY discouraging to a strawberry freak :-/.

I've heard that their strawberry-kiwi is supposed to be good.

I *do* like the Orange Cream, that is VERY good.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Could it be that you used it straight? I have Bavarian Cream and thought it was nice, but rather bland. I intend to mix it with other flavors. I've just started using Lorann's and thougtht they were all too concentrated to put straight on my cart. I made English Toffee and absolutely LOVE it. My sis loved it so much she stole mine and told me to make more and also to order a full ounce of the stuff. LOL So yes, Walrus, milage may vary. LOL

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
could be, Idaho. i guess thats just what i do with all the flavors, i like to taste them at their "purest" to decide where to go from there (does the flavor have solo potential? what other flavors would compliment it? should i even bother potentially "wasting" my pg, vg, and 36mg making a batch of this? etc).

as i said in my first post (and walrus confirmed), its most likely a case of it being more of a mixing flavor than a solo flavor... but after my experience i'm too put off to try, lol.

too bad really because ______ & creme flavors sound so yummy! so many possibilities! strawberries & creme, blueberries & creme, etc...

if anyone finds another "& creme" alternative, please let me know! :D

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Had the same kind of experience with the Lorann's Strawberry. Disgusting stuff and if that was my only choice, I'd be considering using the output from the kitty box, it would seem to be a FAR better choice :-/.

I haven't tried the Bavarian cream, but I LOVE the strawberry. In mixture (15%) it made me want Captain Crunch with crunch-berries.:rolleyes:

YMMV, to quote a famous Walrus:D:D

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Have to say that any LorAnn I have tasted straight (just on my finger though) tasted absolutely awful..... but then, however you use them, they are not designed to be used in concentrated form. When diluted, the taste is completely different.

If you're worried about wasting precious nic lquid, just try it in a few drops of pg/vg?

(BTW - Just to say, I haven't tried the Bavarian Cream one yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread