Status
Not open for further replies.

the88thcrazy

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Ohio
upon making my first few batches of e-liquid this week, i've read about several flavors being insanely strong to inhale, while others remain relatively weak. So i've made this chart for all to add to, and use. i can only add about 5 flavors, but i'd be more than willing to add other people's feedback :D here we go...

Update 1 - now with other people's opinions! yay! (* indicates opinions of other users)

Insanely strong (use 5-10% per batch)
-Coffee*
-Wintergreen*

Pretty damn strong (10-15%)
-Chocolate Hazelnut
-Cherry*
-Lime*
-Butter Rum*
-English Toffee*
-Peppermint*
-Strawberry*

Just right (15-20%)
-Raspberry
-Tutti Fruity
-Mint Chocolate Chip
-Pralines and cream*
-Root Beer*
-Watermelon*
-Pina Colada*

Relatively weak (20-25%)
-Blackberry*
-Cranberry*

Very weak (25-30%)
-Cheesecake (but extremely tastey)

Post your experience with various LorAnn's here, and i'll add it to this chart for as long as i can.

Last edited:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I like this idea the88thcrazy! I'm not sure if this will show to be quite subjective, just like the tastes in themselves - but I hope this won't be the case, so this 'meter' will show to be pretty usable for all.
And if it is, then perhaps likewise 'meters' for the other brands, like Fairy's, or Bickfords... nice idea! :)

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
Walrus, I have heard that the coffee has oil and or coloring in it and from what I understand it is to be avoided. Are you having any atomizer issues with it? I had ordered the Lorann coffee, along with other questionable flavors, but I set it aside until further notice.

Never mind walrus...TW's chart confuses me.

Last edited:

lewnworx

Apr 7, 2009
Dallas
My $0.02 and a word of caution:

In addition to filtering the list of Lorann's for the ones that have oils, based off what I've read here, I found another potential concern on some of them:

Several of the Lorann's flavors have an additional warning on the side of the bottle:

"Avoid contact with mucous membranes"

Now, dunno about your folks but I consider my lungs to be pretty much well into the mucous membranes category.

Flavors I noticed that had this warning were:

Wintergreen
Spearmint
Cinnamon extract

Of the ones they had at the local hobby lobby, I only found these that both DIDN'T have oils listed (i.e. PG, Flavoring & Alcohol only) and DID NOT have the "Avoid contact with mucous membranes" on the label:

Orange, Strawberry and Grape (which I bought)

And a couple others that I didn't.

Just a FYI. Dunno if it has a bearing or not, but I'd rather play safe than sorry.

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
lewnworx, thanks for the heads up, I'm with you, I think I'll stay away from the ones labeled "avoid contact with Mucus membranes", just to be safe...I ordered a bunch of flavors today, unfortunately, one of them was Cinnamon :(. I'm also wondering if they are referring to the nostrils, as those flavors seem to be ones that could really burn the nose, throat etc. Anyhow, I'll let everyone know how I like my new flavors. I picked up my first 2 bottles at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, along with some Wilton Glycerine. I've been mixing the English Toffee flavoring with Coffee and Cappucino...pretty good stuff! It's all that I've vaped since I got the stuff! I can't wait to start mixing up some new concoctions!

Anyone know how long it generally takes to receive an order?

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Maybe I'm being thick or blind but I can't see the warning about mucous membranes anywhere on any of my bottles from the Lorann "Super Strength Flavors (Candy Oils)" section.

Apart from which, they're food flavourings, so when eaten all of them would come in contact with mouths - which are, I believe, mucous membranes.

I may be wrong but the Lorann flavourings that are recommended for use for vaping are from the "Super Strength Flavors (Candy Oils)" in the "Gourmet" section, not from other areas of the site? Are you sure you're buying the right ones and not ones for aromatherapy or fragrance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread