losing my voice from vaping????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I assume you are drinking plenty of water so I won't tell you to drink more cause water intake is walking a fine line. Not enough, you dehydrate, too much you're flushing things like potassium out of your system which can cause other problems: for example cramping.
Try carrying some lozenges around with you or something like it.
You might also try some other brands of liquid and/or flavors to see if what you are using is the culprit.

It also just maybe that your getting your normal voice back.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
It may be the vaping. However, vaping may have nothing to do with it. I live in AZ and people around here are losing their voice, have a bit of a scratchy throat, etc. None of these people are smokers or vapers. Some end up with more serious lung and bronchial infections. My hubby is one of those affected and he is a non-smoker & non-vaper.

Talked with family in Nebraska. Same thing there. Talked with cousin in Iowa. Same thing there. Talked with girlfriend in Texas, same thing there. Talked with neighbor in MN, same thing there. I suspect this is a nationwide health issue.

Could you be one of this growing number?

Hope you feel better real soon,
Happy Vaping,
Paula

Lots of water.

PG tends to dry up the throat, while VG causes it to muffle up a little. (from my experience)
Am trying various proportions of PG/VG mix with different levels of nic.

Also, i went thru the same phase right after quitting analogs, after 17 years. consider it a transition phase.
While i didn't, the wife noticed that i'm coughing a whole lot less after i switched to vaping at around the 3 week mark.

wheels

Jan 27, 2011
ctown
thanks for the responses, I can tell you it's not a virus etc. It's definitely from vaping, tried getting rid of the PG and the pain from the sore throat went away but my voice is still hoarse. I'll give it another week and then make a decision, but I can't go around without a voice for much longer. I switched to Ecopure liquid 100% VG. I'm constantly drinking water, I think my throat is just getting dried out from vaping, I also wonder if there are going to be any long term effects from this.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I've been using 100% USP Glycerin in DIY'ing for a while now, and find since switching that if I talk before the exhale it distorts my voice until I exhale completely where it will return to normal. Found it very strange (and the wife likes to laugh at me so....), but sure beat the harshness I found with PG juices.

Vaporblind

Nov 9, 2010
Florida
I am having the same problem more of the sore throat than voice. I drink water before after and during vaping. I am going to switch to vg as well to see if it helps. I have been vaping for 4 months problem with sore throat for about a month. I use 50%/50% on an ego. The sore throat seems to get better the less I vape and worse the more I vape.

Vaporblind

Nov 9, 2010
Florida
I have switched to another vendor still using 50/50 and my throat is is feeling better. I am thinking I was sensitive to the flavors in the vape I was using all day for like 3 months. I don't want to name the vendor but what I am using now is from vaperite house extracted tobacco no flavor or additives. If my sour throat comes back Ill update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread