Losing sensitivity to flavor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
I believe that nicotine causes the muscles in the back of your throat to gasp, and coupled with the heat results in the throat hit.

Thanks to all the contribution, i wondered if the taste problem was only mine.

Thanks for all who answered. The only issue I have is I recently ordered a sample pack from puresmoker.com and all with medium nic. Various flavors but some I get a throat hit from, others I don't or a very mild one. Still wondering.:evil: <-----No reason for me adding this except I hadn't seen this emoticon before so I wanted to use it :)

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
I also vape no nic on occasion during the day and get nothing...nada....zilch...nothing. So I always thought it was the nicotine level. But maybe switching from 36mg to 0mg like that makes a difference. Maybe if you only smoke no nic, you develop your own type of "throat hit"?

Anyhoo...there was some talk about the PH of the juice and throat hit....but Kate is actually the queen of that. I never really got that much into those comparisons.

Lu

Same here! Vaped 555 medium level nic then went to zero.
Can't pull longer than 3 seconds without coughing with the medium level nic. Can pull all I want on the zero level and no throat hit, that is until the cart starts to dry out. Blech... :cry:

nicosnack

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I have found that I'm switching primary flavor families-- one with my pen, one with my 901.

Mostly and during the day I'm a self-mixed combo of coffee, vanilla and menthol. This is used with my pen style.

But my 901, which is only available at home, does my fruit flavors (with some menthol).

It seems at this point I like switching between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread