loss of satisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
i mentioned it in another thread and i don't think i've seen it mentioned very often. has anyone else ever experienced a loss of satisfaction with their vaping, in that no matter how much you vape or whatever mg of nicotine you use, you just don't feel satisfied? like you're vaping for dear life, trying to flood your system with nicotine?

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
Been there - no joy, for certain. But, not going back to the real thing. Can't believe I made it this far - it passes in a day or two after a really good vape that hits the 'sweet spot'. I think I attribute it the fact that we do go thru chemical withdrawals - since we're not getting the arsenic, cyanide, fermaldahyde, carbon monoxide, tar and ash (the crap that feels your lungs... permanently) - vaping is so much cleaner -- ah well, I drink diet coke too - took me awhile to learn that trick too...

porkchopsisgood

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Cape Coral, FL USA
You've been vaping longer than I have, but I believe "variety" is certainly "the spice of life:" maybe another unit or some outrageous e-juice you haven't familiarized yourself with as of yet? If you're purely referring to nicotine, maybe try neither vaping or smoking for a few days to see if your vaping is enough satisfaction when you miss it?

Good luck, and I hope you find what you seek!

BigLou

ECF Veteran
Not vaping for a few days is not realistic, but the principal sounds good. Instead of vaping non-stop to to and satisfy, why not go just a bit longer than the comfort level. If it is hard to go more than 2 hours w/o, force yourself to go 2 1/2 or 3 hours. Set a timer. It has to be somewhat satisfying when time is up.

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
I am going through that right now - I don't like it and I don't want to light up after 51 days. Juice that I loved don't really like now. What is up with this? I hope it passes.

Hang in there Rudy! Tastes change as your buds grow back. Time to find a new flavor - it's a lot cheaper getting samplers from a lot of vendors to confuse the pallet... Same thing happened to me too - all of my favorites become my backups, then my backups became my back-backups --- until finally, I plateau'd (at least I hope this is the case) - it gets better - real soon.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
You've been vaping longer than I have, but I believe "variety" is certainly "the spice of life:" maybe another unit or some outrageous e-juice you haven't familiarized yourself with as of yet?

That part is solid advice.

Try a drastically different liquid or a different PV. Been using a 510 or an ego? Try a KR808 or a pig-cig, or an 801 or Leo. Been vaping marlboro flavor? Try peach.

That kind of thing can really open things up.

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hang in there Rudy! Tastes change as your buds grow back. Time to find a new flavor - it's a lot cheaper getting samplers from a lot of vendors to confuse the pallet... Same thing happened to me too - all of my favorites become my backups, then my backups became my back-backups --- until finally, I plateau'd (at least I hope this is the case) - it gets better - real soon.

I am glad to hear that. I alway resort to adding menthol for the TH because wthout that I am done...

Time to PIF to make room for more juice.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Usually when this happens to me, all three of my batteries are dead (except for the one charging of course). That's a sign that I need to take a break. Once one battery is ready, I'm not chain-vaping for dear life! :laugh: Sometimes my body doesn't let me know that it's had enough until I vape all of my batteries dead... :facepalm:

P3ST1L3NC3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Bagram, Afghanistan
this happened to me too. then i went to 6v, and have never been dissatisfied ever. might have had a juice or two i didnt care for, but the 510 atomizer at 6v can be enough to choke you if you draw on it too long. just ordered some 306's to try, to see what all the fuss is about. keep experimenting till you find what does it for you, but never give up!!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sometimes when I had those unsatisfied moments I found a brand new atty helped. The old ones decline slowly and after awhile...just something lacking.

Also, switching up juices, voltages, devices, etc. can bring you back to your happy place.

I can say that at my 90 day mark I lit a smoke just to see how I'd react. I could not put it out fast enough, the smell & taste were so awful...washed hands, brushed teeth lol. It's not smoking I was craving but better vaping.

The Cisco LR306's were game changers for me. Most full and satisfying puffs I've had over any atty & carto I tried previously. Still after one starts to get weak I notice I'm not quite satisfied but slap a brand new one on and I'm back in my happy place.

Good luck! It is a process :)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I went through this just about a month ago. I just wasn't satisfied with my eGo anymore. Rather than giving up vaping, I decided to buy a mod so I could try LR and HV. It ended up being the best thing for me. I now own two mods and one is set up with a LR510 atty, the other is set up with a LR801 atty. I switch between them and I'm incredibly satisfied and happy. Some people just go through a progression, a sort of "vaping maturity", and find that using LR attys or making the move to HV vaping gives them what they've been missing.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Sometimes when I had those unsatisfied moments I found a brand new atty helped. The old ones decline slowly and after awhile...just something lacking.

Also, switching up juices, voltages, devices, etc. can bring you back to your happy place.

I can say that at my 90 day mark I lit a smoke just to see how I'd react. I could not put it out fast enough, the smell & taste were so awful...washed hands, brushed teeth lol. It's not smoking I was craving but better vaping.

The Cisco LR306's were game changers for me. Most full and satisfying puffs I've had over any atty & carto I tried previously. Still after one starts to get weak I notice I'm not quite satisfied but slap a brand new one on and I'm back in my happy place.

Good luck! It is a process :)

I was about to write this exact same thing. LR306 attys (although I am using joye brand, but I hear great things about the cisco)

Also, it may be time to build you a box mod if you have not already. I am receiving one as a gift, and I may try to build my own out of an altoids tin, or a flashlight.

Try some Kick Bass Vapor Caramel Cappuccino, and ask for extra flavor, if flavors just arent cutting it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread