Lost In the Sea of Vape Products HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelsRUs

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
Montana
So far all I have really done is buy e-cigs and carts. I am brand new to juices and loving it! I have only bought carts from the e-cig company that I went with. I need help on two areas to know what to get and if possible the best place to buy them.

I have a V2 eicig 808 battery

1) I want to buy blanks - I want the best quality for the best price and need to know which carts to buy as the numbers and types are confusing me thus far (808/501, Ce2, fluxomizers, clearomizers,) It is a bit overwhelming. 1b) I have no clue what half this stuff means either...what is the difference between dripping, tanks, and the various carts. I feel I can't make an informed decision when I feel so in the dark.

2) I am getting an EGo (not sure what kind yet as I won it and waiting for it in the mail) If possible I would like to try a tank of some sort and have no clue what I need to try that out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am asking you veterans cause I want someone who knows what they are talking about. If possible... Keep It Simple .. so I don't get confuzzled anymore than I am. Thanks much!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I love that word you've coined: "confuzzled" – confused and puzzled all in one!:thumb: [You should copyright it ... but, first, grant me permission to use it freely.]

808 and 510 started life as two different types/brands of e-cigs: the KR808D-1 (which some of us abbreviate as Kr8) and the Joye 510. These days, you can think of them simply as different (and incompatible)* connections (between the battery and the atomizer or cartomizer). The 808 has a male battery; the 510 a female battery. [As an anatomy or sex ed refresher: therefore the 808's cartomizer is female; the 510's is male.] BTW, the 901 atomizer's connection is identical to the 808's, so you can use a 901 atty on a Kr8 battery.

* You can use the cartomizer of one model on the battery of the other, however, with an inexpensive adapter, e.g., 808/901(battery)-to-510(cartomizer) or 510-to-808/901.​

A cartomizer (abbreviated "carto") is an integrated atomizer and cartridge. [For what an atty and cart are, see this page of the Wonderful World of Vaping V2. Oh, I suppose that you could learn from this page of ECF's InfoPages, but it has no pretty pictures.;-)]

My favorite Kr8 cartomizer (e.g., for your V2) is the Elite 808: strong TH, vapor, and flavor (and 2ml juice capacity). Two other very good ones are the VOLT (1ml capacity) and dual coil Echo (3ml capacity). And the Vapor King (1ml capacity) is very popular. [NOTE: In thes cases, the larger the juice capacity, the fatter the carto ... and the stranger it will look on your V2 battery.]

The eGo uses a 510 connection. My favorite 510 cartomizer is the Smok Tech 1.7 Mega Dual Coil (nicknamed "Resurrector" by Crystal Clear Vaping and "Rejuvenator" by SmokTek, because it gives new life to the relatively low voltage eGo). Three other very good (and even more popular) 510 cartomizers are the Boge 2.0, Smok Tech Mega Dual Coil, and dual coil Echo-e. IMO, the dual coil needs higher voltage than the eGo can deliver.

[Above links are to the some of the lowest priced or only suppliers for the cartomizer mentioned.]

I don't like tanks (other than the large ones that surround cartomizers), but some people do and you might.

Oh ... and stay away from cartridges (abbreviated "carts"). They are not effective. IMO, an atomizer (i.e., not integrated into a cartomizer) is only effective for direct dripping (i.e., drip 3-4 drops into the atty after every few puffs) or with juice feeders (which you need not concern yourself with ... yet).

Enjoy the adventure! ... and don't hesitate to come back to this subforum (or check out Vaping Guides if you like the pretty pictures) for more information!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread