Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hello everybody! Once again, sourcemore has sent me something fabulous to review – The lost vape Cyborg Quest 100W mod.

DSC_5251 (2).JPG

It’s no secret I’m a big Lost Vape fan, but this one is a little different. Same great performance in a reasonably priced device, but with a kind of futuristic aesthetic.

The specs:

• Dimensions: 104 x 32.6 x 44.2mm

• Battery: 21700 or 18650

• Input Voltage: 5V

• Battery Voltage: 3.0 – 4.2V

• Output Voltage: 0.7 – 8.0V

• Power Range: 5-100W

• Temperature Range: 200F – 600F (100C – 315C)

• Coil Resistance Supported: 0.1 – 5.0ohm

• Coil Material Supported: Nickel/Titanium/SS316/SS904/Kanthal
DSC_5254 (2).JPG

In the box you’ll get

• 1 x Cyborg Quest 100W Mod

• 1 x Type C Charge Cable

• 1 x User Manual

• 1 x 18650 Battery Adapter

• 1 x Warranty Card
DSC_5261 (2).JPG

Since the Cyborg Quest comes with the Quest 2.0 chip, it’s super simple to use. Press Up and Down together to lock/unlock. Click the fire button 5x to turn on and off. Use the Up and Down buttons to highlight what you want to change, and hit the select button, scroll through the options with the Up and Downs, and hit select again.

In Settings/Atomizer you can measure your coil, and adjust the boost. In Screen you can adjust the brightness, in Color you can select from blue, yellow, white, green, red, or purple. User allows you to make presets for up to three user profiles. Reset clears the puff count.

My first impression as I took this mod out of the box was LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BEAST! And truth be told, if I’d picked it up in a shop, I would have passed on it. It does not look all that huge online. In person it’s kind of intimidating. I’m a small person with small hands so I didn’t think this would be very comfortable to hold – I can just barely ‘pinky under’ and still fire it – but with the exoskeleton design, I can keep a grip on it just fine.

IMG_0732.jpg

The design is very handsome, and the finish and fit are flawless. The body is zinc-alloy in a matte and satin finish, no worries about fingerprints here.

I’d also like to point out that I have a 25.5mm RDTA on it, and there’s still a bit of room left if you need a mod for your larger RBA.

IMG_0738.jpg

I’ve been using it in Power and Temp Ni80 and it performs very well. Very easy on the battery – I’m using a 21700 and getting as good or better life as any mod I own.

Boost is more functional on this mod than most. There’s a real difference between the L, M and H, and Low is all I need. It seems like this aids in not using so much battery. Power almost feels like it’s running in Temp. Nice consistent hits, even if it sits a while. And IMHO, that consistency is good for the coil. I tried the same RDTA on two other mods with the same coils and juice and did not get the flavor, the vapor, or the coil life that I got when it was paired with this mod. This is something I have found to be true of all my Lost Vape mods, and why I remain a fan.

Due to the shape, I was worried it might tip easily, but it’s very steady on its base, probably in part because it’s rather heavy.

IMG_0734.jpg

The size… That’s the only negative thing I can say about it, and likely that won’t be an issue for all. Everything else is outstanding. The design of the body, how it feels, how well it performs, all top notch.

You can get the Cyborg Quest at Sourcemore for $32.88 with code CQ100M

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review this mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread