Lost Vape Drone with Asgard 30mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
Hi everyone,

First post here. Been off the ciggies and on the vape for about 18 months now. Just been using sub ohm tanks but recently decided to try out squonking. Got a Drone and an Asgard 30mm. They look like they were made for each other.

163E8EC0-67BB-4505-8796-361526AF01A4.jpeg

I have a problem though, the atomiser won’t make a connection with the mod. It seems like the 510 pin on the mod is too deep or, due to the the hollow part on the atomiser pin where the grub screw goes, it sits inside the pin of the atomiser without touching.

The Asgard makes a connection with other mods I have, including an LV paranormal, and other sub ohm tanks make a connection with the Drone. The Drone 510 pin seems to have some spring loaded movement up and down but is very stiff.

Anyone else had this problem? It seems like the shape of the 510 pins are not a good match or the pin on the Drone is too deep. Any advice on how to fix it other than sending it back?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
I'm not familiar with that atty, but you may be able to put a small o-ring under the attys 510 squonk pin, making it extend further out to make contact.

Thanks for the advice mate, sounds just like what I need to do. How would I go about putting an oring under the atty pin? Do they come out? Sorry, new to RDA’s. This one has a hollow squonk pin that you can screw a grub screw into to make it for dripping.

Edit: Ah, ok it seems like it just screws out. Thanks again for the advice mate, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: puffon

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
So I had a closer look at it and it seems the major issue is the shape of the 510 pins. The thread on the atty is actually a touch longer than on the tank that works. The pin on the atty has an allen key shaped hollow for unscrewing the pin and a grub screw thread below that to seal it up. The pin on the mod is quite narrow compared to the nail-head shaped pins on my non-squonk mods. The narrow mod pin sits inside the allen key shaped hollow of the atty and doesn’t make a connection.

420726D5-6F58-4D1F-8DA5-E4DBBB5E45D6.jpeg
346BCE84-1218-4031-A1CE-093A4216F449.jpeg

I’m thinking a new atty squonk pin without the Allen key shaped hollow might be the best bet. Do these exist and are all the 510 squonk pins universal? Any thoughts?

Cheers.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I’m thinking a new atty squonk pin without the Allen key shaped hollow might be the best bet. Do these exist and are all the 510 squonk pins universal?
    Yes, replacement atty squonk pins do exist. No, they're not universal.

I think your best bet would be to ask vaperz cloud if they have alternatives, or if you take it out and the profile is straight, you'd have a much better chance. So you'd need the length and diameter.

Reactions: Psyentist

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
    Yes, replacement atty squonk pins do exist. No, they're not universal.

I think your best bet would be to ask vaperz cloud if they have alternatives, or if you take it out and the profile is straight, you'd have a much better chance. So you'd need the length and diameter.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Yeah, I’ve emailed vaperz cloud to see if they can recommend a replacement. And I have a friend who also has a drone so I’ll try it on his next time I see him to see if there’s a difference there.

When you say ‘the profile is straight’, do you mean the shape of the pin? As in, if the pin is straight it will be easier to find a replacement as opposed to a proprietary/not straight shaped pin.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    So I had a closer look at it and it seems the major issue is the shape of the 510 pins. The thread on the atty is actually a touch longer than on the tank that works. The pin on the atty has an allen key shaped hollow for unscrewing the pin and a grub screw thread below that to seal it up. The pin on the mod is quite narrow compared to the nail-head shaped pins on my non-squonk mods. The narrow mod pin sits inside the allen key shaped hollow of the atty and doesn’t make a connection.

View attachment 844331 View attachment 844329

I’m thinking a new atty squonk pin without the Allen key shaped hollow might be the best bet. Do these exist and are all the 510 squonk pins universal? Any thoughts?

Cheers.
    Are you sure there isn't a missing screw in squonk pin that should complete the Asgard? In the photo it looks like that allen key female at the base of atty might have threading inside it. Check the Asgard spares bag

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Although judging from your pictures, it does look like the 510 of the Drone may fall into that void of that allen screw of the RDA. But have you tried the Asgard without the beauty ring? Doesn’t happen with all mods/RDA’s but I have run into the situation where the beauty ring was thick enough to prevented the RDA from making contact to the 510

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
    Yes.
    Here are 2 different examples, from 2 different sites, with 2 different sizes. Google is your friend if you know what you're looking for :thumb:
    $1.61 Replacement Bottom Feeding Pin for 22mm / 24mm GOON RDA Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    RDA Squonk Conversion M3 Screw (Pack of 3)

Cool, thanks Wayneo!

Are you sure there isn't a missing screw in squonk pin that should complete the Asgard? In the photo it looks like that allen key female at the base of atty might have threading inside it. Check the Asgard spares bag

Yeah, there is a grub screw that can be installed at the bottom of the allen key female, but that’s if you want to use it as a dripper. I wanted to use it for squonking. I’ve tried installing it anyway but it still doesn’t make a connection.

Although judging from your pictures, it does look like the 510 of the Drone may fall into that void of that allen screw of the RDA. But have you tried the Asgard without the beauty ring? Doesn’t happen with all mods/RDA’s but I have run into the situation where the beauty ring was thick enough to prevented the RDA from making contact to the 510

Yeah mate, I’ve tried without the beauty ring. Still doesn’t make contact unfortunately. Not much up and down movement in the mod’s 510 so I think that could be an issue. Going to try it in a friend’s drone to see if it’s a problem with my device. Otherwise just wait to see what replacement squonk pin vaperz cloud recommend. I’ll update this thread when I find out.

Cheers for all the replies people, much appreciated!

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
    Just a little update to this matter...

I tried the Asgard on my friends Drone and it worked, so must be a problem with my particular mod. Going to send it back for a replacement.

It wouldn’t work with the beauty ring though unfortunately. Still waiting for Vaperz Cloud to get back to me with a recommendation for a replacement squonk pin, which I’ll get so I can use the beauty ring. I’ll update this again when they do in case anyone else is interested.

Cheers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread