hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    After a short break, I’m back with another review for your reading pleasure. Or at least I hope so anyway. This time I will be doing my best to cover the newer Grus 100W kit that has the upgraded Quest 2.0 chipset with five vape modes, three boost levels, and three user records. I have two of the original Grus mods and to be honest didn’t end up liking them that much after using them for a while and they ended up in storage. It was shortly after that when I bought the Ursa kit that has the same Quest 2.0 chip and immediately liked it so was rather excited to receive the upgraded Grus kit and the new UB Pro pod tank.

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature1.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-description.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Grus 100W Mod
    1* UB Pro Pod Tank (5ml, 810 Drip Tip)
    1* 0.15ohm UB Pro P1 Coil
    1* 0.3ohm UB Pro P3 Coil
    1* Type-C USB Cable
    1* 18650 Battery Adapter
    4* O-Rings
    1* Warranty Card
    1* User Manual

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-package.jpg

IMG-5451.jpg

PARAMETERS:

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-parameter.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Upgraded Quest 2.0 Chip

2. Newest Sub Ohm Pod Tank

3. Triple airflow channel, easy side refilling

4. 0.96inch Color TFT Display Screen

5. Accurate temperature adjustment

6. Max 100W output (Multiple Battery Options)

7. DC 5V Type-C Charging

8. Compatible with UB/UB Pro Coils

9. Support max 30mm tank, 510 connector

10. Adopts single 21700/20700/18650 battery (Not Included)

11. Multiple protections: Short-Circuit/Weak Battery/Over Heat/10S Over-time Protection

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-component.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature2.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature6.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature7.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature8.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature9.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I already own two of the previous version of the Grus so was rather excited to try the new one with the Quest 2.0 chipset. It might sound a little silly but there’s one thing I really like about the packaging. The box top has a cut out on either side that allows me to hold on to the base of the box while pulling the top off. Most kits I receive for review are a bit difficult to open and especially once the device is removed from the box and there is little weight to jar the top and box to separate. It’s just one of those little things that stood out to me about the packaging.

The sample that I received is the stainless steel carbon fiber edition. It’s quite attractive in appearance in my opinion. The main body is stainless steel with a carbon fiber panel on each side. On the base of the 510 connector is Lost Vape on one side and GRUS on the other side. On the top is the spring loaded pin in the 510 connector. The 510 base is wide enough to fit a tank with a 30mm base. On the bottom is the screw in battery cap with a flip up lever that makes it easier to turn the cap. Also the cap has three holes for battery venting. The Grus can use a 21700 battery as well as a 20700 or 18650 with the included battery adapter.

upload_2021-6-21_11-36-32.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-36-51.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-37-8.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-37-28.png

On the front of the Grus from top to bottom is the fire button, display screen, + button, select button, – button, and USB-C charging port. The display shows the following information from top to bottom:

- Coil resistance and battery level on top

- Mode of operation( Power, Bypass, Voltage, VPC, Ni, Ti, SS316, SS904)

- Length of current puff and user profile number

- Normal/ Soft/ Hard operation mode and puff counter

- Setting on bottom that takes you into the menu system

Inside the Setting menu is the following options:

- Atomizer( tells atomizer resistance and current settings)

- Screen( adjust screen brightness)

- Color( blue, yellow, white, red, green, purple display colors)

- User( three settable user profiles)

- Reset

- About(software version)

- Back

upload_2021-6-21_11-38-18.png

The Grus 100w kit comes with the Lost Vape UB Pro Pod Tank. The pod has a 5ml capacity and has the same side fill port with rubber plug as the Pro tank that comes with the Ursa. I particularly like the fill port plug on this. The end of the plug sticks up a little to make it very easy to remove for filling and the plug has the word OPEN stamped into the rubber. The pod also has a removable drip tip with two o rings on the tip. The pod portion of the tank threads in smoothly to the base with the 510 connection on it. The base has three airflow holes where most tanks have only two. It allows for a large amount of airflow when open. The center pin of the 510 connector appears to be gold plated and on the base are the words Lost Vape and UB Pro Pod Tank.

I have been using the Pro Pod on the Ursa that I own for some time and very much enjoy it with the .3 ohm coils or the optional RBA coil. The kit does not include the rba but does include two coils. One .3 coil which I liked at around 46 watts with the airflow about 1/3 open. Yes I know this is below the recommended range of 60-70 watts but it’s where I liked it since I don’t like a really warm vapor. The kit also included a .15 ohm coil rated for 70-90 watts which I preferred at around 53 watts with airflow about ½ open. Both coils are mesh and believe they are ss904 but am not sure on that. I thought I read that somewhere so tried one in TC mode and it seemed to work well enough. Overall I felt like both coils produced very good flavor but wasn’t surprised since I’ve used both coils before. I tend to prefer the .3 coil simply because I can run it a little lower for a cooler vapor.

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature4.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature5.jpg

Lost-Vape-Grus-100-W-Kit-feature10.jpg

upload_2021-6-21_11-40-51.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-43-20.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-43-58.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-44-15.png

upload_2021-6-21_11-44-44.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I really like the Grus with the new Quest 2.0 chipset. It’s been a while since I used either one of my original ones so don’t remember exactly why I put them into storage instead of continuing to use them. I think they felt a little under powered or something. That is not the case with this new kit. I very much like the interface and it reminds me of the interface on my DNA mods. To me its very user friendly how you can just arrow through the options on the screen and use the select button to make changes right there without going into the menu system. For additional features the Setting menu allows some extended options like screen brightness and display color which can allow the user to customize the Grus.

The UB Pro Pod Tank is a welcome addition to the kit. It will work with the different UB Pro coils as well as the rba if you would like to purchase it separately. The replaceable drip tip allows the user to customize their experience and the triple airflow allows for way more airflow than I could ever use. The fill port is plenty big and I like the side fill and have been able to fill with no mess whatsoever. The fill plug stands out to me since it sticks out a little on one end so it is easy to get a hold of and open. That’s a big plus to me since so many fill plugs are hard to open and sometimes require a small screwdriver to pop open. The pod is tinted but not so dark that the liquid level cannot be seen. The 510 base nice to have so the pod tank can be used with any 510 device.

I very much enjoyed using the Grus 100W kit for this review and plan on continuing to use it since I already have extra coils and a couple rbas that I use on my Ursa mod. I’d like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the Grus 100w kit for this review. Also a big thank you to the readers. Sourcemore has provided a coupon code for the kit if you would like to try one and I have a link to the site below.

$33.99 - Lost Vape Grus 100W Kit

Code: LVGK

Lost Vape Grus 100W Kit Vape Mod Kit with UB Pro Pod Tank

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I enjoyed the review. Can you get a rdl with the rba, or dl only?

To me it’s just as airy as the coils. It’s probably possible but you’d have to close the airflow most of the way probably. I tried the rba on the Ursa but haven’t tried it on the pod tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread