hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back to another review. This one is a little out of character for me but I’m going to do my best to provide you a fair and honest review on the lost vape Orion Bar 75 that was sent to me by lost vape/ Orion Bar. The OB75 is about the same size as some pod devices that I’ve used before. It’s not small but not large. It does come pre-filled with 18ml of liquid and has a 650mah internal battery. I actually received nine of these for the review which was very generous of them to send. All of them have 5% or 50mg nicotine salts inside. According to the specifications, there are 0 and 2% versions available. Each unit has a little different artwork on the sides which makes them fun to look at. The reason it is called the Orion Bar 75 is that each one is rated for 7500 puffs. Did I try counting them? No, not going to happen. I’ll take them at their word on this.

GpVcMpo.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1ea Orion bar 75(Ten flavors available)

GF3kb10.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Naalelh.jpg

CN7ryax.jpg

RC7eCWn.jpg

HBBBhf6.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Honestly my first thought was I couldn’t believe that they sent nine of these for the review. Very generous indeed. I see there are ten flavors available and I received nine of them. The only one I didn’t get was Mango Ice. The OB75 comes in a colorful box in different colors depending on the flavor you choose. Both the front and back have large warnings that I’ve seen on other devices targeted for the U.S. market. The front has a picture of the actual device inside the box and the name as well as the Orion Bar name and number of puffs near the top. The back side of the box has an ingredient list and a series of warnings. There is an authenticity code also on the back.

The sides of the box have the specifications listed on one side and some social media information on the opposite side. With the specifications in large letters there is no guessing as to what you are getting in each box. I will mention that none of the samples I received had an owner’s manual. I know that most disposables don’t need one but this one has some extra features that could have been explained in a manual.

1670029373441.png

1670029399504.png

When you open the box from one end then inside you find the Orion Bar of your choice sealed in a plastic and foil bag.

1670029447026.png

Once you open the bag, you need to remove the rubber plug from the mouthpiece and there is a safety seal on the bottom of the device that must also be removed. I believe this bottom seal is so no airflow can pass through to activate the device until it is removed. The Orion Bar 75 is an auto draw only device.

1670029495345.png

1670029519995.png

Once that bottom seal was removed, it reveals the other features of this device. First off, I was pleased and surprised to see a sliding airflow control on the bottom. It is a welcome addition. Second up there is an indicator light on the bottom that illuminates when you take a puff or plug it in to charge. This is where the owner’s manual would have been nice to know what exactly the different colors of lights mean. This I know. When it is fully charged the light is green. As you use it and the 650mah battery drains, the light goes from green to blue and then later to red. Since I have no idea how much battery is left when it turns red, I go ahead and recharge the OB75 using the USB-C charging port on the bottom.

1670029573907.png

1670029602665.png

The body of the OB75 is made of clear plastic with colorful art designs on it. It’s not only nice to look at but along with the name of the device and the flavor contained inside, they have also listed the features on one side.

1670029647559.png

1670029672652.png

1670029698964.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The first thing I’d like to say is that the Orion Bar 75’s that I received are very nice and honestly seem too nice for a disposable. The artwork is nice and all nine of them functioned properly while testing them with no issues.

I want to remind you that tastes are subjective. I felt like almost all of the samples that I received had too much cooling agent or menthol in them. Most had good flavors but if I took more than a few puffs in a row then the menthol hurt my throat. I have seen this pattern with other disposables and could see offering menthol in some but would prefer not all of them had it. I use a menthol tobacco that I mix myself regularly and don’t dislike menthol but whatever cooling agent that was used in these was too strong for my tastes in most cases. There were a couple where the menthol wasn’t quite as strong or at least not as noticeable. I made some basic notes as I tried each one of the samples so will give you some brief thoughts on each.

Pineapple Lemonade: It’s a nice pineapple flavor with lemonade in the background. However, there is too much cooling agent and for me it ruins the flavor. I feel like this one would be better with very little cooing or none at all. I used to mix my own lemonade liquid and never used cooling agents.

Cool Mint: To me this one tastes like a mix of wintergreen and peppermint with a fairly strong cooling agent added. I ended up liking this one quite a bit but just couldn’t chain vape it or it hurt my throat.

Rainbow Drop: I think this one tastes like a gumdrop candy but the cooling is once again pretty strong and overpowers the flavor some. Less or no cooling at all would be better.

Blueberry Raspberry: This one is a very nice blend of the two fruit flavors in the name. Once again, a little less cooling would make it better for me. I get raspberry on the inhale and more blueberry on the exhale.

Strawberry Kiwi: I had high hopes of liking this one when I saw the name but once again there’s unnecessarily too much cooling in it. I taste the flavors but there is a weird aftertaste left on the tongue on the exhale. It’s almost like a stale cookie taste.

Lush Ice: This one is a really nice watermelon candy type flavor. I never use watermelon vapes but really like this one. It’s funny to me that this one has ice in the name but doesn’t have any more cooling than any of the rest.

Sour Apple Ice: The apple flavor is very light to me and not really sour in my opinion. I feel like I could taste the flavor better if it wasn’t for so much cooling in it.

Aloe Grape: I had reservations about this one when I saw the name. Aloe isn’t a flavor I think of when I want to add something to an eliquid mix. I don’t love it. What little grape flavor that I taste is overshadowed by the aloe and cooling agent.

Banana Cake: I have seldom used banana flavored liquids so didn’t really know what to expect with this one. It turned out to be in my top 3 of ones I liked out of this batch of samples. To me it tastes like banana pudding with a touch of cooling. The cooling on this one didn’t seem as strong. It was a surprisingly good flavor and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape/ Orion Bar and Jason for sending the Orion Bar 75 disposable samples for this review. Thanks as always to the readers. I appreciate you! Below is a link to the website if you are interested in trying some of these.

OB-75 | ORION BAR (orionbartech.com)
    NDwPG9D.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Nice review, hitt :) Too bad they overdid the coolant.
    Thanks. For some reason it seems to be a trend with disposables. I don’t know why they think everyone wants coolant or menthol so strong that it hurts your throat.

• Agree
    Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread