hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back to another review on a Lost Vape product. This time I was sent the Lost Vape Orion Mini in order to provide a fair and honest review. If you’ve been around for a while you might remember the Orion series of products. I still have a couple of the Orion Q and an Orion dna but haven’t used them in a long time. This latest revision in the Orion series is still a well-built device but simplified for easier use. The Mini had not been released yet when I received it but I saw that a few websites had it listed but they said that it had three power levels when it does not and it is not mentioned in the user manual. The body is made of zinc alloy and has an 800mah battery capacity with an output range of 8-17 watts. The pod tank has a 3ml liquid capacity and there are two coils included. There is the UB Mini S1 which is .8 ohm rated at 12-17 watts and the UB Mini S2 which is 1.0 ohm coil rated at 9-13 watts.

KDnTsNi.jpg

DtLtjhG.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1 Lost Vape Orion Mini

1 Lost Vape Orion Mini Pod

1 0.8ohm UB Mini S1 Coil

1 1.2ohm UB Mini S2 Coil

1 Type-C USB Cable

1 User Manual

1 Warranty Card

Ih3Axzd.jpg

0JrTS5K.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES:

Quest Chipset

Dimensions - 88.5mm by 34.2mm by 14mm

Integrated 800mAh Battery

Wattage Output Range: 8-17W

Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction

Intuitive Firing Button

LED Indicator Light

3mL Pod Capacity

Side Fill System - Silicone Stoppered

Adjustable Airflow Control Switch

Lost Vape UB Mini Coil Series

0.8ohm UB Mini S1 Coil

1.0ohm UB Mini S2 Coil

Press Fit Coil Installation

Low Battery Protection

Short-Circuit Protection

Open-Circuit Protection

10S Overtime Protection

Type-C USB Port

X7IpOzx.jpg

dqcdTTv.jpg

l4Ay8sq.jpg

m5vDur8.jpg

x9C1xhV.jpg

eb9w38O.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Orion Mini came in a two part white box with outer sleeve like I’ve become accustomed to seeing from Lost Vape. The device pictured on the front of each of the two samples I received matched the actual device inside. Also on the front is a label stating that it uses a new Quest chip. At the time of writing this review I had no information on this new chip.

It’s simple but nice packaging. On the back of the box is a contents list and on one side there are some features listed as well as a Lost Vape authenticity code on the back. This is only a small annoyance but I don’t like when I open a device and the paperwork is on top and falls out. This happened when I opened both samples where one of the papers fell to the floor. Like I said it’s a small thing but does kind of bug me. One other thing I’ve seen repeatedly from different manufacturers is the accessories are in a box underneath the device with a cut out pull tab. Almost always the tab tears due to the box being so tightly fit in the outer box.

upload_2022-3-1_12-57-16.png

upload_2022-3-1_12-57-29.png

I received two samples for the review which I greatly appreciate when a company does this. I can then try each coil in a different device which makes testing easier for the review. I received a carbon fiber version and yellow pine wood color version. Lost Vape also was nice enough to send a couple extra pods but no extra coils. That’s fine as it wasn’t necessary in order to test the devices for review.

upload_2022-3-1_12-57-59.png

On the side that I’ll call the front is power button which is used to turn the Mini on/off with five clicks of the button. Other than that it is used to fire the device and has no other function. There are not different power levels adjustable on this model. Near the bottom is a single indicator light that tells the battery level when the button is pressed. The light indicates battery level as follows.

- Green = Fully charged

- Blue = 3.7-3.9v

- Red= < 3.7v

The Mini only has an 800mah battery capacity which I thought wouldn’t last very long and for a pod mod of this size I would have expected at least 1000mah but was pleasantly surprised with the battery life. I was able to run one full tank and about 2/3 of a second tank before the indicator flashed red and I was forced to recharge the battery.

The safety features are as follows.

- Low Battery: LED will flash 10 times and output will shut off when battery voltage goes below 3.3v before using or 3.0v while being used.

- Short Circuit: LED will flash 2 times if a short circuit is sensed.

- Open Circuit: LED will flash 3 times when no atomizer is detected.

- Over 10s: LED will flash 5 times and output will shut off if vaping over 10s continuously.

As you can see in the picture below, there is also the sliding airflow control on this side when the pod is installed. The airflow control is built into the pod rather than the mod.

upload_2022-3-1_12-58-42.png

On one side is the Lost Vape name near the bottom and on the other side is the Orion Mini name. As you can see from the pictures below, the pod can only be inserted one way due to the shape of the mod with one side raised and the pod matches that shape. The body of the mod is made from zinc alloy and has a nice weight and feeling of a quality made product for such a small device.

upload_2022-3-1_12-59-12.png

upload_2022-3-1_12-59-25.png

The side opposite of the button side is just smooth with nothing to show. The top of the Mini where the pod inserts has two gold plated contacts and two magnets that match up with the pod to hold it in place securely. It’s a little hard to see but there is an arrow on one end that points to the button side and is the same side the molded tip of the pod goes to. The pod can only go in one way and is very obvious. While using the Mini, I have had no leaking and the tiniest bit of condensation. Literally just a couple tiny droplets.

The bottom of the Mini has the USB-C charging port and four venting holes. I’m not real crazy about devices like this that you can’t stand up while charging but it’s not that big of a deal.

upload_2022-3-1_12-59-57.png

upload_2022-3-1_13-0-10.png

The pod for the Mini has a 3ml capacity which is pretty good for a small device such as this. The pod is all one molded piece so the drip tip is not replaceable. I’m not sure why they changed this as some of the previous versions did have removable tips. The tinting on the pod is a little too dark in my opinion. You don’t have to have a flashlight held up to it to see the liquid level but it’s not super easy to see. Also on previous versions I had in the past they were all top fill where this new one is a side fill. The rubber plug seats into the fill hole very tightly and I was afraid I was going to tear the plug the first time I tried to open it. However, it has not leaked a drop so maybe it needs to be that tight. The fill plug is marked with an arrow and the word OPEN so you know which side to pull from. The airflow control slides vertically and is built into the pod. I have been liking it mostly open with both coils. This one isn’t a cloud machine but produces a decent amount of vapor and the flavor production is pretty good.

The .8 and 1.0 UB Mini coils are long and skinny little coils. When you insert the coils into the pod then you have to make sure to insert them so that the slot in the coil goes to the side rather than in line with the airflow control so that the shape of the coil matches the cut out in the bottom of the pod so it can be fully pushed into the pod. The bottom of the pod has two magnets that align with the ones in the mod. The pod is held very securely and I have had zero issues with it coming loose accidentally.

upload_2022-3-1_13-0-54.png

upload_2022-3-1_13-1-10.png

6OFyiSu.jpg

bWMd2KR.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall the Lost Vape Orion Mini Pod Kit is a decent pod device. It is small enough to carry in a pocket but would recommend shutting it off as I had mine fire in my pocket at work. Just like other Lost Vape devices I’ve tried it has the feel of a quality built device with the zinc alloy frame and different color variations available. The flavor from the UB Mini coils is pretty good for this type of device and even though it only has an 800mah battery, it seemed to have decent battery life. Is it going to last all day? Probably not if you vape more than 4-5ml from a pod device but should last for most outings.

The Mini doesn’t have variable power levels like some of the previous versions of the Orion but I think that this one is targeted more at the beginning level vaper. It’s pretty simple. Insert the coil, fill the pod, press the button five times, and vape. I do wish they had stuck with the top fill like previous versions had and feel like there is room on top to do that. I don’t love the side fill with the rubber plug but was able to fill from a 10ml plastic bottle without making a mess despite the tinting on the pod being rather dark in my opinion.

I got almost no condensation and no leaking at all from either of the samples I received. I know I’m being picky but with a pod device of this size I really wish they had made it auto draw also. With the airflow control sitting right above the fire button it is kind of easy to cover part of the airflow with your fingers and I had to make a conscious effort at first to not cover the airflow control when pressing the fire button. After some use it became somewhat of a reflex as I knew how I needed to hold it.

So, would I recommend the Lost Vape Orion Mini Pod Kit to you? If you’re looking for a small reliable pod device that can easily be put in a pocket or purse that doesn’t seem to leak in my experience then yes.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape and Antonia for sending the Lost Vape Orion Mini Pod Kit samples for this review. A big thanks to you the readers that allow me to do this. Below is a link to the website for your convenience.

Orion Mini Pod Kit – Lost Vape

v0MIaVi.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Reactions: Frenkyou

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    As usual a great review buddy.

Not a pod user nor i do nic salts (don't like MTL) but i do enjoy reading reviews so i read the whole thing :)

When it comes to these sort of devices I'm torn,the mod itself in most occasions looks awesome,in this case i like the choice of colors but the pod part just brings it down for me.

The wooden panel device you got reminds me of the station wagons from the 80's,ones that had the wooden panels on the side,looks cool thou...classic look which always works.

cheers

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    As usual a great review buddy.

Not a pod user nor i do nic salts (don't like MTL) but i do enjoy reading reviews so i read the whole thing :)

When it comes to these sort of devices I'm torn,the mod itself in most occasions looks awesome,in this case i like the choice of colors but the pod part just brings it down for me.

The wooden panel device you got reminds me of the station wagons from the 80's,ones that had the wooden panels on the side,looks cool thou...classic look which always works.

cheers

Thanks. It’s very similar in size and shape to the original one but do wish they had kept the fill port on top.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    How do LV coils compare to Freemax, in your opinion? The FM stuff I’ve reviewed have some of the best coils I’ve tried (and I’ve tried a LOT lol) but I haven’t used any LV. Could be the juice I’m running too, tho, just suited better for FM.

The coils are good flavor producers but honestly I’ve never had any others that are as good as the Freemax coils.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review. Thanks. I picked one of the originals up in a trade and remember liking the recall function (if that’s what it’s called) quite a bit.

Thanks. I’m guessing that was the old dna version if it had replay. This one doesn’t have that. It’s a simple device.

Reactions: jwbnyc

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    The wooden panel device you got reminds me of the station wagons from the 80's,ones that had the wooden panels on the side
    "Woodies", lol.

Great review Hitt. How do the coils compare to the Uwell Havok V1?
    How do LV coils compare to Freemax, in your opinion? The FM stuff I’ve reviewed have some of the best coils I’ve tried (and I’ve tried a LOT lol) but I haven’t used any LV. Could be the juice I’m running too, tho, just suited better for FM.
    I feel like the UB coils are about the same as VooPoo's PnP coils. Both offer a "dryer" vape which apparently some people favor, or maybe they've never tried any moist vape coils. The Freemax 904L X and MS coils are hands down my favorite in terms of flavor. I would agree with you on that.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    "Woodies", lol.

Great review Hitt. How do the coils compare to the Uwell Havok V1?

I feel like the UB coils are about the same as VooPoo's PnP coils. Both offer a "dryer" vape which apparently some people favor, or maybe they've never tried any moist vape coils. The Freemax 904L X and MS coils are hands down my favorite in terms of flavor. I would agree with you on that.

I never tried the Havok

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread